Home

What difficult have you been playing on?

This is a discussion on What difficult have you been playing on? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What difficulty have you been playing on?
Rookie 0 0%
Pro 9 12.00%
All star 31 41.33%
Superstar 20 26.67%
HOF 15 20.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What difficult have you been playing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I hate to say this but I am on All Star too. I said I wouldn't flip-flop but I can't take it anymore. I tried to play on Superstar to feel better about myself and this is the difficulty that's for PNO but I don't have anything to prove. I've beaten the AI on this difficulty. All Star is where it's at. I agree with you with the cheese. I can't take it. You play defense so well and make efficient shots and then one quarter you can't make a shot and you all of a sudden can't play defense. I have had 30-40 point leads turn into 10 point leads and I am like, nope, I'm moving down. It's beyond ridiculous with the AI. They can do what they want when they want. If they want to come back they will. Tight and smothered defense is definitely real on Superstar.
Oh God you just nailed.. I don't know what's wrong with the game..defense while playing it is fun (manually)..rebounding is fun..shooting is fine.

Somewhere along the lines something goes wrong,like a switch is flipped..CPU can go off..and then you go suddenly cant make anything.

You're up..and then down 10.. moments later..it's so quiet k shifting.?it doesn't even allow any flow...

I'm waiting for a patch/sliders. Because if I turn down the level of difficulty I win easy go one notch up night and day difference..it doesn't feel REAL..what's happening when they go on the runs..feels like it's pre programmed or something.. the don't chip away at a lead..they just come like a tsnuami ..you get a breath..then it happens again..

Giving 2k until tipoff..to try and fix this..if they don't will have to resort to sliders made by the great guys on this forum.

On a side note,the modders also..are creating better courts than 2k..and many are doing faces that LOOK better Than 2k made...still thinking how is this possible they are supposed to be professionals yet seems like the modding community and the people who make the sliders are making this game playable when in its current form it's really not.

Kudos to the modders and guys working on great sliders..you should be supplemented by 2k.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-09-2017, 12:05 AM   #18
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I hate to say this but I am on All Star too. I said I wouldn't flip-flop but I can't take it anymore. I tried to play on Superstar to feel better about myself and this is the difficulty that's for PNO but I don't have anything to prove. I've beaten the AI on this difficulty. All Star is where it's at. I agree with you with the cheese. I can't take it. You play defense so well and make efficient shots and then one quarter you can't make a shot and you all of a sudden can't play defense. I have had 30-40 point leads turn into 10 point leads and I am like, nope, I'm moving down. It's beyond ridiculous with the AI. They can do what they want when they want. If they want to come back they will. Tight and smothered defense is definitely real on Superstar.
Here is my take on difficulty, no team should play beyond there abilities no mater the difficulity setting, a top 5 team should not be struggling against a bad team of course you should be punished if you do stupid things, but a bad team completely destroying a good team because you cant make open shots on good releases and the CPU is hitting contested shots and coming of screens over and over again to hit open 3's, that's the reason I play on allstar. I am challenged by great teams and competitive with good team and I beat lower ranked teams.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Here is my take on difficulty, no team should play beyond there abilities no mater the difficulity setting, a top 5 team should not be struggling against a bad team of course you should be punished if you do stupid things, but a bad team completely destroying a good team because you cant make open shots on good releases and the CPU is hitting contested shots and coming of screens over and over again to hit open 3's, that's the reason I play on allstar. I am challenged by great teams and competitive with good team and I beat lower ranked teams.
Ageed bad defense or sloppy offense should be punished ...what I don't understand is you're playing at all star...is that mode more balanced and Less CPU cheese????

Rookie is way too easy. Default is not even close to realistic ...does all star even everthing out..CPU misses more 3s but in a realistic Way..that would be refreshing..I don't mind being punished the screens and not getting back..on defense.

The other levels..they're not even settings screens to get open they just shoot like monsters.

I'd rather lose by a few points ..with realistic play than when on the unrealistic play.. are you using sliders at all???

Thanks 🍻

Sent from my SM-T800 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #20
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0

I started playing on Pro when I first got the game and it became too easy. The CPU really never challenged me and didn't play any form of REAL basketball. So since then I've tried both All Star and Superstar. Superstar is just cheese. Straight cheese. It's so unrealistic and so frustrating that it's not even worth playing. All Star on the otherhand is right in the middle. Challenging yet easy at times if you know what you are doing. You lose games if the team you are playing with just isn't better than the one you are facing, not because players who shouldn't be hitting one 3 pointer let alone 5 crush you from downtown.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #21
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Default All Star was great pre-patch. A little too easy to get past your man but overall I was getting great games. Started my Knicks ML and was 2-6. After the patch things have gotten frustrating, I will start making a few tweaks tonight. CPU is lethal at blowing up nearly every PnR. Jameer Nelson was out there acting like Gary Payton against me last game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 03:23 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

HOF in MyGM
HOF in 2 MyLeagues
Superstar with my little brother in MyLeague.
HOF in quick games

Usually HOF, I just play on Superstar with my brother because he was getting annihilated on HOF lol
Old 10-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #23
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I play superstar on PS4 and pro on switch. This game is wicked hard on the switch if you use the shot meter.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #24
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

This game plays so well and I really don't want to go back to 2K17, but the ridiculous, unimaginable amount of cheese, even on All-Star, is making me want to throw my controller at the wall. I've been alternating between ShadyMike's HOF slider set and default All-Star, but both feel the same with regard to cheese. It's frustrating and it's driving up my blood pressure. This game is gonna give me a heart attack at this rate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »