Home

This needs to stop NOW!!!!'

This is a discussion on This needs to stop NOW!!!!' within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #49
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: This needs to stop NOW!!!!'

to me it looked like the defender came down and swatted the basketball out of your hand?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

This has been a thing for years. Same as a person being able to recover on his drive after attempting a block.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:37 AM   #51
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
This says it all for me. Every play can't be in favor of the offense when the offense has so much control than the defender. I don't have the option of jumping for the block and making a different input to avoid the foul. Once I hit the button, I'm committed.

The offense player can go left, go right, jump into the defender, wait, etc. For the record, why is the offense the victim? If the player didn't spin back into the defender, the defender would have sailed by. To me, the offense player has way too many options available to them to be worrying about "nerfing" blocks. Giving up the foul would be rewarding the offense a bad input.
And that's what I keep saying. But he's saying we're wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
I did not. That is the base of my argument. I made the right play but 2k rewarded the player who should have been punished for going into the air.
Yes you did. Because I've done it too. One of the other things you could of done is slide to the left. I practice it last night with my cousin. I'll try posting late tonight if I have a chance.

2k didn't reward him. You did. because you were in such a rush. And yes it should be a foul but as I've repeated a few times now. They had to remove the foul part. It was abused soooo badly. I remember the thread. Because I was so on the fence about whole thing. It doesn't balance things out. It makes the offense player basically rely on the move after a while. And that becomes boring farther from real life. Could you imagine someone using Rondo to do that all game long? Thank God I knew about hands up and handup contest. That would of been a foul every single time.

This 24th link shows you 2k isn't rewarding anyone here.

You just can't fake and expect to go through the player for a layup.

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-10-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #52
Banned

realtalk0131's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Yes you did. Because I've done it too. One of the other things you could of done is slide to the left. I practice it last night with my cousin. I'll try posting late tonight if I have a chance.

2k didn't reward him. You did. because you were in such a rush. And yes it should be a foul but as I've repeated a few times now. They had to remove the foul part. It was abused soooo badly. I remember the thread. Because I was so on the fence about whole thing. It doesn't balance things out. It makes the offense player basically rely on the move after a while. And that becomes boring farther from real life. Could you imagine someone using Rondo to do that all game long? Thank God I knew about hands up and handup contest. That would of been a foul every single time.

^^^ mannn...there is a video evidence already and yet people still trying to justify their mistake. this aint no 2k17....stick skill matters.

This thread is officially case closed.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #53
Rookie

This needs to stop NOW!!!!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Again you are missing the one important factor that I have been saying. My input was not to go into him. Instead the game put me in animation that made it seem that way. You can try to blame user error but I'll put it to you like this. I play fighting games like tekken a lot, have been since the very first one. Anyway in the fighting genre there is a term called "punish" which basically means what you think it means blocking or making the opponent whiff and then attacking him for it. Now in a game like tekken there are several punish moves that could lead to juggles which require the right input to set off combos. Now back to 2k, when I'm posting up, in my mind I have like 4 different options to do depending how the defender reacts. Now again what I'm telling you is that the game squared me up for no reason other then to put me in that animation.

Last edited by barond57; 10-10-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #54
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
Again you are missing the one important factor that I have been saying. My input was not to go into him. Instead the game put me in animation that made it seem that way. You can try to blame user error but I'll put it to you like this. I play fighting games like tekken a lot, have been since the very first one. Anyway in the fighting genre there is a term called "punish" which basically means what you think it means blocking or making the opponent whiff and then attacking him for it. Now in a game like tekken there are several punish moves that could lead to juggles which require the right input to set off combos. Now back to 2k, when I'm posting up, in my mind I have like 4 different options to do depending how the defender reacts. Now again what I'm telling you is that the game squared me up for no reason other then to put me in that animation.
I get what you're saying.

I'm a fighting game player too....which is probably why I enjoy the post game counters available....

If your input was completely ignored and you were locked into that move and block, then that's an issue. Hopefully its an issue that can be duplicated so it can be addressed.

I personally have never seen any locked sequence in the post game like that but I'm certainly not calling you a liar...if that was your experience, thats what it was.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-10-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:57 AM   #55
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2k has handled this a couple fo different ways.

2K16- Making these automatic fouls. If a guy jumped at you in the paint or on the perimeter you'd go into a 'draw the foul' animation where you would go into a shot.

2K17- Allowing the contact to happen with no call. Guys could jump at you in the the post or on the perimeter and actually cause you to stumble back and lose position with no foul call made...

So here we are at 2K18- I feel like think the new movement system has allowed us to easily side step the wild perimeter jumps and finish around guys...but the ball is tangible when going for a shot during their jumping sequence
I would prefer the 2k16 way without the automatic jumping into the shot part. It should be a foul but not a shooting foul, unless your actually shooting. I think you should be able to go into a shot during the foul manually by leaning the thumbstick forward and shooting. AI improvements would probably be needed to prevent the cpu from jumping at the pump fakes all game. For instance, they could program the AI to not commit to jumping on pump fakes, the more you abuse them

Also as the OP said, you cant always just move out of the way in time, if the defender is jumping like a rabbit (Especially in Pro Am) But like someone in this thread said earlier, this thread has moved from "Why is this not a foul" to "Stick skills in the post 101". Which is basically a red herring fallacy. Yes it is sometimes possible to avoid the defender falling into you, but it still doesnt address the core of the OP's concern.

Last edited by shayellis; 10-10-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #56
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
I would prefer the 2k16 way without the automatic jumping into the shot part. It should be a foul but not a shooting foul, unless your actually shooting. I think you should be able to go into a shot during the foul manually by leaning the thumbstick forward and shooting. AI improvements would probably be needed to prevent the cpu from jumping all game. For instance, they could program the AI to not commit to jumping on pump fakes, the more you do them constantly

Also as the OP said, you cant always just move out of the way in time, if the defender is jumping like a rabbit (Especially in Pro Am) But like someone in this thread said earlier, this thread has moved from "Why is this not a foul" to "Stick skills in the post 101". Which is basically a red herring fallacy. Yes it is sometimes possible to avoid the defender falling into you, but it still doesnt address the core of the OP's concern.
Actually, if you look above the OP has clarified his concern and it looks like we've come to an understanding, even if we don't agree on all fronts. It's doesnt have to be a 'if you don't 100% agree with my stance, you must think you're better than me' situation....sometimes it just takes some back and forth without being accusatory....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »