Home

MyPlayer attributes questions

This is a discussion on MyPlayer attributes questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyPlayer attributes questions

I don't have 2k18 yet, but I've been watching different videos seeing how the game works this year and what kind of player I'm going to make eventually. I had a LDD last year, so I'm thinking maybe a LDD Sharpshooter or a LDD Playmaker. But my main question concerns attributes.

I see that you can be a 99 overall this year, but it looks like it will be a grind, as always. When someone does reach 99, does that mean they can max out all of those yellow arrows across the board or are there still caps on certain things?

There is an attributes cap tool on nba2klab.com that shows ratings for different myplayer builds. The ratings that they show for a build is when you reach 86 overall (if you upgrade all of your attributes from the start with a ton of VC) or when you reach 99 overall? It didn't look like 2k18 shows exactly what attributes go up before you use VC to buy an upgrade like they showed in 2k17. For example, if you're about to upgrade your 3pt shooting, I don't think it shows you where your 3pt shooting rating is at now, and where it will be after the next upgrade, before you actually buy the upgrade. That's why I'm wondering if the numbers they show on 2klab are for an 86 overall or a 99 overall. Here is a link to the site.

https://www.nba2klab.com/nba-2k18-attribute-caps/

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MyPlayer attributes questions

The yellow cap is for 85, the white one is for 99.
At 2klab you can see the 99 attribute cap but just forget reaching 99 unless your planning to play 8 hours a day 7 days a week until April.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
Pro

LDD's are not as good as they were in 2k17. The steal spam has been reduced a lot. I run with a playmaker Lock from time to time and I always question him about the build. I think there are much better builds to focus on this year so definitely mix them up before officially creating one. Attribute ratings show before you apply upgrades now. They added it in the latest patch. 99 grind and badge grind is definitely real this year. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinyele77
The yellow cap is for 85, the white one is for 99.
At 2klab you can see the 99 attribute cap but just forget reaching 99 unless your planning to play 8 hours a day 7 days a week until April.
I wondered what the white arrows were for. I definitely don't plan on reaching 99 overall lol. Thanks

Old 10-12-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
LDD's are not as good as they were in 2k17. The steal spam has been reduced a lot. I run with a playmaker Lock from time to time and I always question him about the build. I think there are much better builds to focus on this year so definitely mix them up before officially creating one. Attribute ratings show before you apply upgrades now. They added it in the latest patch. 99 grind and badge grind is definitely real this year. Good luck!
I don't normally go for steals. Last year I made a LDD PF so I could have the rim protector badge instead. If LDD isn't getting enough props though, maybe I should think about something different or at least put defense as secondary. I must have been watching a youtube video before the attributes patch then. Thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Definitely do some research before you waste money and time on a build you may not like. The LDD build is bad IMO this year. I recommend looking into defender / slasher or defender/ rebounder .

I’m very intrigued with build too but it’s even more lopsided compared to a pure sharpshooter .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Definitely do some research before you waste money and time on a build you may not like. The LDD build is bad IMO this year. I recommend looking into defender / slasher or defender/ rebounder .

I’m very intrigued with build too but it’s even more lopsided compared to a pure sharpshooter .
I'm leaning towards a 6'8 defender/playmaker cuz I tend to pass more in the park when I play with good players. Maybe a SF instead of a PF this time so defensive stopper will work on SGs cuz on a PF it won't work on SGs, right? I won't know for sure until I get the game and see what the attributes will be when I definitely max the wingspan and probably the weight, too. But plenty of time to change my mind. Thanks

Last edited by PLPGBoy; 10-12-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:21 AM   #8
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

The whole thing with 99 ovr is just bull****, because your caps are 70s or 80s maybe some things based on your build are in the 90s but your overall is 99??? NEVER!!!
If you started your career and max out your player to 85 Ovr. and then go to the menu and roster and edit a new player and make the same build and the same attributes and you will see your player will be 70 ovr or something like that.
Best example my 6,1 PG with (officialy) 96 speed and 91 speed with ball is slower then my Teammate Towns who is a C and 7ft tall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »