Home

Leaving bad shooters open needs to be a viable tactic

This is a discussion on Leaving bad shooters open needs to be a viable tactic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2017, 11:09 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Leaving bad shooters open needs to be a viable tactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezsmilez
Haven’t tried HOF this year since I play mostly online I keep the difficulty the same. I will say that the game definitely feels easier than in past 2ks to stop the cpu.

How many shots did he get up to score 68!?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Shot 27-of-38 in triple overtime with 10-minute quarters. He scored 56 in the second half and overtime.

I started on Pro this year but wasn't getting pushed quite as often as I desired. So I jumped to the hardest difficulty to see what was possible. Turns out I can compete but weird things like Clyde almost hitting for 70 started happening. Also, as pertaining to the thread topic, 3-balls seem to be frequently automatic for the CPU ('91 Blazers went 14-of-22 on 3's, not including end of quarter heaves).

So I guess I'm looking for that difficulty sweet spot where I can be challenged but not because an All-Star's going to go for 70.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:12 PM   #10
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

OVR: 0
Leaving bad shooters open needs to be a viable tactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Shot 27-of-38 in triple overtime with 10-minute quarters. He scored 56 in the second half and overtime.

I started on Pro this year but wasn't getting pushed quite as often as I desired. So I jumped to the hardest difficulty to see what was possible. Turns out I can compete but weird things like Clyde almost hitting for 70 started happening. Also, as pertaining to the thread topic, 3-balls seem to be frequently automatic for the CPU ('91 Blazers went 14-of-22 on 3's, not including end of quarter heaves).

So I guess I'm looking for that difficulty sweet spot where I can be challenged but not because an All-Star's going to go for 70.

Yea superstar would be where I would start at for this years game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-15-2017, 01:22 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have to agree.

I've been playing with GSW in MyLeague wating for rosters/the game to be ready for my real one, and through the all star break, I'd definitely rather have an open shot with Draymond than a covered shot with Steph that he'd drain all day in real life any day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #12
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx
Yup my ss not even any hof badges was shooting lights out (like 6/8 or 8/9) in walkon multiple games and my buddy was matched against a slasher/playmaker who he sagged off of and was hitting 3s consistently even at the wings.
your sharp shooter is SUPPOSED to shoot like that its his specialty. The lack of a badge shouldn't make you ineffective
Old 10-15-2017, 02:28 AM   #13
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
and here i thought you guys were all creaming how great gameplay was this year, yet every other thread is whining about something
I like how you say "you guys" as if everyone is part of the same hive mind and has the exact same opinion...

I think most of what people are saying about "gameplay is amazing this year" really means "MOVEMENT is great this year" as there are enough glaring gameplay issues (excessive offensive rebounds, players constantly dropping easy passes, too many fouls when contesting shots straight up vs. people just turboing at the basket, and the aforementioned open shooting percentage) to spoil a lot of the overall gameplay.

Movement / responsiveness / dribbling are all great this year however.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:40 AM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Cosign.

Played against a Lakers user a few days ago who was hitting threes with Shaq and Kareem. I've been begging for them to either up the difficulty or lower the 3PT sliders for weeks now.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:06 AM   #15
Rookie

I'm hitting open 3's from the corner on HoF with Shaun Livingston at a clip of 50%. This is a guy who, over the whole of his career, has taken 66!!! 3 Pointers (that's 66 3 Pointers in nearly 700 games, averaging out at 0,1 tries per game, of which he converted 13, making him a 0.197 shooter) yet for some unbelieveable reason he, firstly, has a 50 3 Point rating which is absurd but also shows that everyone who complains about shooting (in the sense that apparently it's too hard) is dead wrong.

If I can go a full season of 82 games with a player rated 50 in 3s and drain nearly 45% of my 3s with him on about 5-6 attemps a game, then anybody who can't shoot simply sucks at the game. This needs to be fixed ASAP!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #16
MVP

ph33's Arena

Here's the thing: ALL NBA players can make 3 pointers at a pretty decent clip...when they're in the practice gym with no pressure on them whatsoever, and after getting into a rhythm with repetitions. I'm sure we all know that NBA players are all much more skilled than they get to show---it's just that in an NBA game, you can only afford to bring your very best to the table because you're playing against a professional defense, and having to do something in the flow of a game is a hell of a lot harder than doing it in workout setting.

I think this game needs to take game pressure into account. People do get hot, so I think those crazy good performances should still be allowed to happen on occasion (IF you are taking good shots and get into a good flow). But when somebody is open in this game, the game treats "open" like you're in a practice gym with no one around you. And that's just not how it is in an actual NBA game.

TL;DR: The best shooters can make 3s at an unreal rate when they're getting their reps in practice. But in a game setting, it's not happening because your shots will come here and there, you don't have the luxury of settling down and getting into a rhythm in the same spots, and you're slightly fatigued from having to play defense. And I don't think this game takes those factors into account as much as it should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »