Home

1-on-1 Defense

This is a discussion on 1-on-1 Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2017, 12:05 AM   #9
Banned

realtalk0131's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1-on-1 Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
This is not my video but the guy who posted it played with the Knicks against the Warriors and his only way of playing on offense was isolation driving and it shows that 1 on 1 defense is, i'll use that word, broken this year. You can drive with whoever you want past whoever you want just because of that animation. I hope 2k does something about this. No i wouldn't want something like 2k17's level of mirror defense but can we have something in the middle or do we have to wait for 2k19 for something like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0U-DeAlQRA
what is the difficulty?? why there is no help defense at all? never i see this kind of defense everytime i play. i play in HOF and SS and CPU will smothered you once you go inside the paint. every NBA player can drive trough if they chose to. but finishing is a different question. still the best 2k
Old 10-16-2017, 01:26 AM   #10
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
He's using broadcast camera 'nuff said. This is not the camera angle to be analyzing defense from
It's the CPU's defense so the angle doesn't matter. Can't analyze with a 0 defensive awareness though. If someone is isoing and driving the like that, the organic solution is for the CPU to back off and concede shots or slide to allow contested run throughs under the hoop.

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 10-18-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #11
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Kinda dumb to put defense at 0 awareness just to prove a point. Maybe go back to 2k17 and enjoy the wall defense because 2k don't do balance very well. With threads like these we'll most likely see the wall part 2.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 2

These threads are the reason the gameplay takes a nosedive smh... There are a lot of factors that go into this. What level is this game played at? Certainly not superstar or HOF.

Secondly the help defense is nonexistent... The style of play in NBA 2k18 is the style of play in the NBA today lol!!!! Most defensive principles are help, funneling people to help areas, rotations etc.

The stonewalling on defense is not NBA basketball... There are only a few people who can stay in front of there man period!!!

If people prefer that stonewalling, crappy bump back suction cup defense should have a go at 2k17...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 08:52 AM   #13
Banned

realtalk0131's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
These threads are the reason the gameplay takes a nosedive smh... There are a lot of factors that go into this. What level is this game played at? Certainly not superstar or HOF.

Secondly the help defense is nonexistent... The style of play in NBA 2k18 is the style of play in the NBA today lol!!!! Most defensive principles are help, funneling people to help areas, rotations etc.

The stonewalling on defense is not NBA basketball... There are only a few people who can stay in front of there man period!!!

If people prefer that stonewalling, crappy bump back suction cup defense should have a go at 2k17...

yep this is why i really wish the only people creating threads are the one playing hardcore sim with high basketball I.Q's and test all difficulty before make any judgement about the game. coz when everybody creating thread when they notice something that is not even repeatable they automatically says its broken and people who experience it all of a sudden agrees without even really looking at the whole totality of the game. i honestly think that this 2k is the best by par and talking strictly offline sim.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk0131
yep this is why i really wish the only people creating threads are the one playing hardcore sim with high basketball I.Q's and test all difficulty before make any judgement about the game. coz when everybody creating thread when they notice something that is not even repeatable they automatically says its broken and people who experience it all of a sudden agrees without even really looking at the whole totality of the game. i honestly think that this 2k is the best by par and talking strictly offline sim.
I'm not sure that you can have something not be repeatable and have multiple people experience it.
If multiple people are experiencing it, then it must be repeatable.

Additionally, I wish people that play strictly one mode online or offline didn't think that they are the end all and be all of 2k.

In case you weren't aware, the vast majority of people that buy this game are casual gamers and play online.
If the only people that bought the game were strictly offline hardcore sim players, THERE WOULD NOT BE AN NBA 2K GAME!

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by awg811; 10-16-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #15
Banned

realtalk0131's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
I'm not sure that you can have something not be repeatable and have multiple people experience it.
If multiple people are experiencing it, then it must be repeatable.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
my bad yes i mess on that one what im trying to imply is if thing is repeatable and yet you can control it. like really some of the complain in here is adjustable. is just that we bash the game from the beginning rather than trying to figure it out how to avoid such things or lear it how to be better. but thats off topic. again this OP is reaching thats why i want only gamers who are into its core to post threads and not casuals especially the one playing my player. Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #16
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaz
some balance would be nice. going from one extreme to the other is no way to properly address an issue.
Thank you. If someone brings up an issue we need to analyze whether it's accurate/inaccurate compared to real life, not just settle it with "well, it's not like last year!". That doesn't answer anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »