Home

My League/MyGM small things that should be looked into

This is a discussion on My League/MyGM small things that should be looked into within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon8 My League/MyGM small things that should be looked into

MyLeague is the best in class as far as franchise modes in sports video games. I'll keep this short and sweet. This post is about some legacy issues that have long affected realism in MyLeague/MyGM

Issue: 1st Round draft picks that don't get minutes because their overalls are too low: Big problem with realism here. No one is drafting a kid with the 13th pick and not putting him on the court (if healthy) for his entire rookie season. It happens extremely frequently in this game and has happened for years.

Why this happens: The CPU rotations do not adjust properly for blow outs, foul trouble, and positions. The CPU when simming will play 5 Centers in their rotation if those are the highest rated bench guys. If there's a blow out the CPU will not put garbage time rosters in (which is when those underrated rookies would get minutes).

Also when a guy fouls out or gets injured the simmed stats will show multiple people who are not in the rotation playing 1 minute as oppose to the 3rd stringer maybe getting 5 minutes that game due to the foul trouble/injury.

Issue: Generated Draft Classes are either too weak or too strong. It doesn't seem possible to get overall ratings that are in-line with the last 3 real life drafts for example.

If you want to be able to get 72 rated players in the 2nd round you better prepare for 88 rated top picks. If you want top picks to stay in the more realistic 78-82 range prepare for a late first round full of 64 overalls.

Fix: Even out the draft classes at the high end and low end to be more in tune with the players already in the game. That means a decent draft class should have Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Kyle Kuzma, etc level players available late in the 1st round without the top being demi-Gods.

Issue: Personal issue of mine but I don't get why we are able to edit the GM names in rosters if the GM's aren't going to be a staff member in MyLeague.

It's real sad that I can now make a roster with real GM names but can't use it in any mode... A little ridiculous actually.

Fix: Seeing as MyGM is now a no custom roster mode (which kills it for me btw) we should at least have the GM role added to MyLeague.

And lastly...

Issue: CPU team building is still extremely broken and doesn't take context into the equation. If a team is rebuilding I want to see a more aggressive youth movement instituted. If a team is selling then they NEED to be dumping contracts. No players are waived during season either. This should be happening after the trade deadline when those Selling/Rebuilding teams want to buy out contracts to save money or give more minutes to those young high potential/low overall guys.

The CPU is OK with having just one backup at any given position. Even if there's more space on their roster to sign some 2-way contracts. (speaking of the cpu does not make use of 2-way contracts).

The CPU in rebuild mode will keep that young player in year 3 or 4 sitting behind that higher overall veteran because the cpu is still not aggressive enough in making moves.

Keeping with lack of aggressiveness. Kyrie Irving was on free agency and NO cpu team even attempted to make moves to make enough cap space to offer him a contract. He just sat there until the end of free agency with no offers and signed with the Pacers (in MyGM who had drafted Freddie Staples the year before and had been terrible). Same thing happened with Kevin Durant who signed with Philadelphia who already had Ben Simmons at his position.

Fix: There are multiple ways to address these team building issues. It starts with tuning and ends with allowing the CPU the ability to make use of the games team building features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: My League/MyGM small things that should be looked into

All very good points. If they actually rated players correctly, instead of inflating their overalls, then you wouldnt need higher rated players in the draft.
I agree MyGM is basically useless, not only due to the poor AI, but not being able to use custom rosters, which is 1 of the dumbest things they have ever did. I had hopes of playing MYGM this yr, with how much they hype it up, I thought maybe they finally got it right, but sadly thats not the case. Between the lack of quality testing or testers, heck I sometimes wonder if they even test ML and MyGM with the issues each yr they have.
Outside of gameplay being improved and it has improved greatly, the other stuff they hype up was basically just hype, with no substance.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-15-2017, 10:39 PM   #3
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Honestly at this point, MyLeague doesn't really need any more new features; the mode is incredibly packed as is. The things on your list however have been problems for YEARS and they haven't been given attention at all.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:21 AM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Honestly at this point, MyLeague doesn't really need any more new features; the mode is incredibly packed as is. The things on your list however have been problems for YEARS and they haven't been given attention at all.

Yep, there really isnt much else that needs added to ML, its by far the deepest franchise mode out of any sports game not just basketball. Unfortunately there are some issues, that they seem to overlook every year. At this point everything just needs to work right thats in the game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-16-2017, 04:43 AM   #5
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

This thread belongs on the bulletin board at 2K HQ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 04:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I dunno if its just me, but the expansion teams not having warm up clothes just kills the immersion.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:31 AM   #7
Rookie

Wouldn’t giving us the ability to change the hard cap in mygm be a good start to making the mode somewhat realistic, so team were able to sign their players? Just a thought
Old 10-16-2017, 07:39 AM   #8
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Imo there are enough features. They need to focus on presentation, i.e. the way the game expresses itself to the user. There's so much going on under the hood that the user would never know about. They need to think of cool ways to show it off. Magazine covers, highlight packages, email notifications when records get broken, stuff like that.

They also need to fix all the issues.

Unfortunately the reality is that 2K is a business so they HAVE to come up with new exciting features for marketing purposes, which takes away most of their time/resources.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »