Home

Dribbling in traffic: There's a serious problem.

This is a discussion on Dribbling in traffic: There's a serious problem. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2017, 06:17 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Dribbling in traffic: There's a serious problem.

I might as well get another issue off my chest now that I'm thinking about this game. There is a serious problem when it comes to dribbling in traffic. Far too often players are able to keep control of the ball in inappropriate situations. Even when they do manage to lose the ball, they often just recover it right back anyway. It feels pointless to play defense a lot of times.

I love that you can dribble in tight spaces, but it has to make sense. You just can't sprint into two defenders chest and continue to Hot Sauce with no penalty. It's silly.

Here's an example of the game we played last night. The point and shooting guard played like this the whole game and somehow only ended up with 3 turnovers between them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Dribbling in traffic: There's a serious problem.

As usually I'm the fence here. Because yes, this was a steal the last 2 year. Especially the spin move with the defender standing there. It was cookies every time. But they opened it up a little this season. Players were losing the ball too much. I'm just as pissed as you. But this year I get steals when users don't protect the ball while I' standing right in front of it. And again I'm not saying it's right. But the dribble system wasn't great for beginner the last 2 years (with all the body bumping). This is the first year (last 2) where my friends actually have a better time dribbling the ball. I hate seeing my cousin do the shot spin (double tap square). Spin into my defender and not lose the ball. Now they just make them miss everything. Which I think is the middle ground. There is also when a player gets bumped animation after the double spin.

But I think these body steal balance it out to a point. Yea man... I'm on the fence. I got nothing for this one. Below it's my cousin's playing each other. And that was on both of them right there.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:50 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Man I am so glad you recorded this. I get so tired of the ball never coming loose.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nah man that's absolutely ridiculous. I relentlessly complained about 2K16 and how you could not move an inch without the ball coming loose, but this isn't the answer or fix I was hoping to see implemented. Honestly, I've never seen a human controlled player be able to move like that and not lose the ball. It was almost as if you were playing the computer.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Also, you mind if I share this video on another thread? It's about lack of IQ and online players being beyond selfish. This would be a great example.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
Also, you mind if I share this video on another thread? It's about lack of IQ and online players being beyond selfish. This would be a great example.

No prob.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

in the paint trying to move in traffic is realistic but anywhere on the perimeter its bad

diving for the ball needs more work too.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Embarrassed to admit this but nearly lost to a dude who played Porzingis at the 1 and just dribbled in for dunks and free throws because I couldn't take the ball off him. I think he had like 38 and at the most, 3-4 turnovers. Didn't sub him out once, either. He literally dribbled around for almost the entire 20 minutes, with a 7'3" center, and lost the ball 4 times max.

I was doubling, hounding him with 3 dudes, the whole works. I essentially just focused on trying to take the ball off him, regardless of leaving 2 dudes open on every play, and still couldn't do it.

I deduced that a) I suck at stealing the ball and b) it is too damn easy to dribble around this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »