Home

Best general difficulty to balance A.I?

This is a discussion on Best general difficulty to balance A.I? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
Best general difficulty to balance A.I?

Not looking for any slider adjustments, but which difficulty gives the most realistic feel? I'm currently playing on All-Star, but a major issue I have is that the CPU is hitting shots at a very high rate, both contested & uncontested.

I'm liking how the CPU plays me on defense & am fine with that, but the CPU offense and ability to score feels exaggerated slightly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 02:42 AM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Best general difficulty to balance A.I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Not looking for any slider adjustments, but which difficulty gives the most realistic feel? I'm currently playing on All-Star, but a major issue I have is that the CPU is hitting shots at a very high rate, both contested & uncontested.

I'm liking how the CPU plays me on defense & am fine with that, but the CPU offense and ability to score feels exaggerated slightly.

I guess it depends on what your definition of balance is. Do you just want a balance between you and the AI, to where you have a challenge, but not so much that your constantly getting a thrashing each game, or are you looking for a simulation balance, meaning as realistic as possible?

If your wanting realism, then you got to adjust sliders and quite a bit, no matter what level you play on.

If you just want a descent challenge, to where you can lose if you dont play well, but not so much of a challenge that your losing by a lot most games, then your just going to have to play some games at each level, as know one knows your skill level better than you do.

Ive hear some say the game is tuned for SS, to be the most balance level. For me personally it takes slider adjusting to get the most realistic simulation, regardless of what level you play at skill wise.

Also Ive heard to feel the full effects of ACE, you need to play SS and HOF difficulty. So AS and below the AI coach isnt going to make adjustments to counter you very quickly.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-17-2017, 02:54 AM   #3
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I guess it depends on what your definition of balance is. Do you just want a balance between you and the AI, to where you have a challenge, but not so much that your constantly getting a thrashing each game, or are you looking for a simulation balance, meaning as realistic as possible?

If your wanting realism, then you got to adjust sliders and quite a bit, no matter what level you play on.

If you just want a descent challenge, to where you can lose if you dont play well, but not so much of a challenge that your losing by a lot most games, then your just going to have to play some games at each level, as know one knows your skill level better than you do.

Ive hear some say the game is tuned for SS, to be the most balance level. For me personally it takes slider adjusting to get the most realistic simulation, regardless of what level you play at skill wise.

Also Ive heard to feel the full effects of ACE, you need to play SS and HOF difficulty. So AS and below the AI coach isnt going to make adjustments to counter you very quickly.
I haven't played 2k18 much, so this is really helpful. And yea, it's pretty embarrassing to say that I think 2k18 All-Star difficulty is slightly harder than 2k17's HOF difficulty. Game's definitely more challenging this year.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I haven't played 2k18 much, so this is really helpful. And yea, it's pretty embarrassing to say that I think 2k18 All-Star difficulty is slightly harder than 2k17's HOF difficulty. Game's definitely more challenging this year.
Yeah I do think the levels are more of a challenge than previous yrs, which I like that.
Only issue I had with AS besides having to jack up foul sliders, and some other sliders tweaks is the AI would shoot to poorly for me.

Im trying SS difficulty, then making slider adjustments to tone down the CPU, because they kill me otherwise every game. Im just a tad to good for AS, and really bad when I play on SS.

Outside of not feeling the AI coach makes enough changes to counter me on AS, I feel for my skill level, AS plays the best, because on SS the CPU looks like the Globtrotters, and I look like the Generals

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

Last edited by CaseIH; 10-17-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:57 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:

You have to adjust the sliders. I had this problem as well. I play on Superstar with shooting slider adjustments.

Click SPOILER if you want to see my Offensive sliders:

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »