Home

Just got an update telling me to go to the main menu

This is a discussion on Just got an update telling me to go to the main menu within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Just got an update telling me to go to the main menu

I do wish they would make the update box smaller, or at least not so in your face...like have it only show up if you pause your game or something.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:44 PM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
I do wish they would make the update box smaller, or at least not so in your face...like have it only show up if you pause your game or something.
I suggested last year that when playing it should pop up on the dornas as an ad. Now that there's a neighborhood it should pop up on the animated billboards. The less intrusive the better.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #19
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Could you share your Baynes CAP? It's BADLY NEEDED!
It will be a few hours before I can post the formula JD but I will put it in the Player creations thread.
I will post my Covington as well (I'm no ojpizza, tgor ,or horusgrant with these caps so keep that in mind.lol)
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 10-19-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #20
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
You know 99% of those are roster adjustments, right? Like, I understand all of the children on reddit flipping out each time update required pops up. I feel like people here should be smarter than that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Correction...99.7% of those are roster adjustments lol.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #21
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot

Yeah, or pop up for a short time, then fade away, It sucks when your in the middle of a game and that update pops up and stay there till you update. People have been asking for that to change since they started doing it, so not sure why they cant make it fade away after a short time, so it dont ruin your game and you have to quit, as I cant stand playing with that box on the screen.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yeah, or pop up for a short time, then fade away, It sucks when your in the middle of a game and that update pops up and stay there till you update. People have been asking for that to change since they started doing it, so not sure why they cant make it fade away after a short time, so it dont ruin your game and you have to quit, as I cant stand playing with that box on the screen.
Agree.....drives me bananas when I am playing a game. Really intrusive and actually rude as hell. Don't force that down my throat while I am playing a game I paid for. Tell me I need an update and then the message should go away after it pops up.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #23
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Agree.....drives me bananas when I am playing a game. Really intrusive and actually rude as hell. Don't force that down my throat while I am playing a game I paid for. Tell me I need an update and then the message should go away after it pops up.
Would love for one of the dev team members to actually respond to this. I hate that damn box.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
...It makes no difference, you'll make up whatever you think the update did based on hot takes, like everyone else in the community. I wouldn't bother telling you a meaningless hair change if you're going to tell me "No you didn't! You changed this, this and this! Why you lying?".

Basically: What's the point when you will invent your own truth to fit whatever narrative you're trying to push?
That is exactly why they SHOULD include changes in patch notes, so that people don't have to speculate and lab the game themselves to figure out what has changed. If 2K was open about the changes they make in patches, especially gameplay changes, no one would have the opportunity to claim things that arn't true.

The reason people claim changes that haven't happened and others believe it is because there are MANY times where 2K makes big changes without telling anyone and we find out later through third parties, giving more credence to those third party reports and speculations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »