Home

Those of you with small centers, how many big centers have you stopped so far?

This is a discussion on Those of you with small centers, how many big centers have you stopped so far? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2017, 01:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Those of you with small centers, how many big centers have you stopped so far?

I feel like a minority. My center is a 79 overall and on the smaller side. 7' 255lbs Post Scorer/Defense. Been going against mostly 80+ overalls. I'm definitely liking the build and if I can reach 99, well damn....

Only downside is going against 7'3 340lbs Centers. It's challenging, but I managed to slow down a couple so far. 1 big advantage I definitely have is speed, my guy is pretty damn fast and I feel with an organized team these big dudes can't guard me on the drive. Glass cleaners/Drivers are easy seeing as they have no post game or mid range so I harrass them in the paint. Post scores may be a problem to defend, but they're often slow due to wieght

I have to figure out how to stop getting dunked on from underneath the rim, it's so damn hard. My strength is nowhere near maxed out though, so that may definitely help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Re: Those of you with small centers, how many big centers have you stopped so far?

I got a 6’ 11 center and it got so bad that I had to make the same guy but taller man

The speed advantage is just not worth it

But I will also say that getting dunked on is a problem for everyone no matter height

It’s just taller dudes get more blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Those of you with small centers, how many big centers have you stopped so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
I got a 6’ 11 center and it got so bad that I had to make the same guy but taller man

The speed advantage is just not worth it

But I will also say that getting dunked on is a problem for everyone no matter height

It’s just taller dudes get more blocks

How bad was it?
Old 10-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
How bad was it?

Really really bad

I needed help if I went against a good big man

Old 10-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Really really bad

I needed help if I went against a good big man

I know what you mean, but in theory, you should need help against a good big man. Like, I know you’re referring to 7’3 340 guys sealing and posterizing every play; that sucks. Terribly. But in theory, one should need help against a good big.

72% Team Pro Am| 77% Walk On|76% Park| A Teammate Grade| PS4 Name: JustCallMeSleepy. Pm me on here or add me on PS4 if you wanna run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll have to get back to you with this after I increase my Cs athletic ratings. My guy has the same measurables as yours.

Last year I could hang with any C with my 6'11 builds after I maxed out their athleticism. I don't expect it to be different this year since the mechanics haven't really changed that much.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
I'll have to get back to you with this after I increase my Cs athletic ratings. My guy has the same measurables as yours.

Last year I could hang with any C with my 6'11 builds after I maxed out their athleticism. I don't expect it to be different this year since the mechanics haven't really changed that much.
What do you mean by maxing out athleticism?

I'm thinking about making Dwight Howard build next, 6'11 265lbs, idk. On Pro-Am the paint is always clogged. Unless you on your own team that can spread the floor, it's tough.

But yeah, those 7'3 340lb bigs are cheese.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
What do you mean by maxing out athleticism?

I'm thinking about making Dwight Howard build next, 6'11 265lbs, idk. On Pro-Am the paint is always clogged. Unless you on your own team that can spread the floor, it's tough.

But yeah, those 7'3 340lb bigs are cheese.
Can definitely recommend a DeAndre Jordan/Dwight Howard build

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »