Home

2K FIX THE REBOUNDING

This is a discussion on 2K FIX THE REBOUNDING within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2017, 02:53 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: 2K FIX THE REBOUNDING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
That is the way real team rebounds are calculated. Team rebounds does not equal the sum of player rebounds.

If a missed shot goes out of bounds, team defensive rebound. If a player misses the first of two free throws, team offensive rebound. If a player blocks a shot into the stands, team offensive rebound. But no individual player gets awarded those rebounds.

Every missed shot of any type *must* have a rebound associated with it, unless that shot was taken at the end of a quarter.
Yeah but when the NBA calculates league leaders for team rebounds, it only takes into account individual player rebounds. 2K doesn't do this, it adds up total rebounds, wich is why the team rebounding numbers are out of whack in MyLeague. 2K needs to fix this.

Last edited by thedude; 10-22-2017 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:38 AM   #18
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
Yeah but when the NBA calculates league leaders for team rebounds, it only takes into account individual player rebounds. 2K doesn't do this, it adds up total rebounds, wich is why the team rebounding numbers are out of whack in MyLeague. 2K needs to fix this.
That's true but that's not what he was talking about. He was comparing the box score to the team comparison screen at the end of the game.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 10-22-2017, 03:57 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
That's true but that's not what he was talking about. He was comparing the box score to the team comparison screen at the end of the game.
They really need to fix this though. Because if you play all your games in Myleague, you're pretty much guaranteed to lead the league in team rebounds, since simmed games only track individual rebounds. The only way I see them fixing this, is by taking out total team rebounds for games played and only counting individual rebounds, even though that's not the proper way to tally up a box score.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
I think both of you all right.

team rebounds needs to have its own designated column. if they are adding this into the defensive rebounds number or offensive rebounding numbers, then that would cause an inflation.

I noticed the difference in the rebounding box scores and team comparison stats only after the fact. I Thought the rebounding numbers were high, so I started analyzing the stats more.
the rebounding numbers didnt add up based on my shot attempts.

I hate being anal about things like this, but when it comes to sim based sports, its the numbers that tell the story. Its not just about cute animations, or presentation packages.
its numbers analysis for me.

Last edited by tril; 10-22-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
NBA2k has screwed this up for yrs now. Its they mis calculate and every time a ball goes out of bounds, or tipped, it records it. It basically adds team reounds, player rebounds, together, which lead to horrible box scores for rebounding. You will see if you count your and the CPU total rebounds in the box scores, it will always be lower than the rebound numbers on the team stat page after games.

I will say this, and maybe it was a fluke, but I ran a simulated MyLeague to do testing to see what all sim stats they have screwed up this yr, and the rebound for team stats, were near as bad as they had been in the past.
I have done several sims and all team and player stats look good to me out side of minutes played being to high. To many guys playing like 38-36 minutes. What you said about rebounds me of something that used to happened with shoots and no one said any thing about it. I think it was a problem ever year on last gen but was fixed this gen. That is for ever game played and sim it would combined over all shoots and 3 point shoots to get your fg%. For example if a team shoot 40-80 over all from the field and where 5-20 on 3 pointers instead of it saying you where 40-80 50% it would say you where 45-100 instead 45% pretty bad bug that no one said any thing about last gen that lowered fg % for teams in franchise mode. Lucky that was fixed this gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #22
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
That is the way real team rebounds are calculated. Team rebounds does not equal the sum of player rebounds.

If a missed shot goes out of bounds, team defensive rebound. If a player misses the first of two free throws, team offensive rebound. If a player blocks a shot into the stands, team offensive rebound. But no individual player gets awarded those rebounds.

Every missed shot of any type *must* have a rebound associated with it, unless that shot was taken at the end of a quarter.

Thats what I always thought, but then I heard someone say that wasnt the case a couple yrs ago, so I just figured I was wrong,lol.

Then I think the reason everyone is seeing too many rebounds is due to lack of turnovers. Also noticed in a sim I ran that teams werent averaging enough turnovers. Now Im thinking of it, the sim I ran the rebounds actually were improved from yrs past, and it was just slightly more on average, and turnovers for team were slightly to low.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-22-2017, 10:38 PM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I have done several sims and all team and player stats look good to me out side of minutes played being to high. To many guys playing like 38-36 minutes. What you said about rebounds me of something that used to happened with shoots and no one said any thing about it. I think it was a problem ever year on last gen but was fixed this gen. That is for ever game played and sim it would combined over all shoots and 3 point shoots to get your fg%. For example if a team shoot 40-80 over all from the field and where 5-20 on 3 pointers instead of it saying you where 40-80 50% it would say you where 45-100 instead 45% pretty bad bug that no one said any thing about last gen that lowered fg % for teams in franchise mode. Lucky that was fixed this gen.

Teams arent averaging enough turnovers, PIP are still way to low, looks just as bad as it was last yr. At the moment I cant remember the others that were off, my memory isnt too good these days, but those were the 2 that really stuck out to me that I remember. I didnt pay too close attention to actually player stats, just team stats I focused on. I do remember seeing that no guard averaged more than 9.2 assist, and it was just 1 player, so that was a tad low. IRL some yrs noone averages 10+, so that part wasnt that big of deal, but it could use a little tweaking, but some edits would fix that. The turnovers being too low and the PIP being way to low once again this yr, I dont think a edited roster will fix that. Well it probably would for turnovers, but PIP is a coding issue by them, and its been a issue for a few yrs now, even edited rosters cant fully fix it.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-23-2017, 02:06 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Teams arent averaging enough turnovers, PIP are still way to low, looks just as bad as it was last yr. At the moment I cant remember the others that were off, my memory isnt too good these days, but those were the 2 that really stuck out to me that I remember. I didnt pay too close attention to actually player stats, just team stats I focused on. I do remember seeing that no guard averaged more than 9.2 assist, and it was just 1 player, so that was a tad low. IRL some yrs noone averages 10+, so that part wasnt that big of deal, but it could use a little tweaking, but some edits would fix that. The turnovers being too low and the PIP being way to low once again this yr, I dont think a edited roster will fix that. Well it probably would for turnovers, but PIP is a coding issue by them, and its been a issue for a few yrs now, even edited rosters cant fully fix it.
Maybe I will do a sim again but when I did a sim I thought I saw several teams average 40+ PIP a game and several teams with like 13-15 turnovers per game and that sounds good. While 10 assist a game is not easy to do yes I know you normally have a few guys that do but its not easy and I think I have been seeing a guy at 10 when I do a sim. I do notice that Curry tends to make to many 3's. He has the recorded for 3's in a season at like 402 or something and a lot of sims I am seeing Curry getting like 440ish and that 402 in had in real life may be hard for him to even top but with Curry you never know lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »