Home

How To Play Defense?

This is a discussion on How To Play Defense? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How To Play Defense?

It's bs that the game out of the box plays great defense. Then EVERY TIME 2K patches it and we're back to slipping and sliding so that noob "dribble gods" can feel better about themselves. Every single year this game is dumbed down. Stop taking polls asking 13 year olds what they want in the game, or what will make them not complain about "missing (contested) layups" etc. Especially with esports, there should be bigger commitment to true sim. LD2K said they'd be more careful on patches that affect gameplay, so far I haven't seen it.

Oh another cheese tip to playing defense -- all the myparkers and pro am people are doing it -- spam the crap out of double team button and press int foul when someone shoots for a cheesy boost to aggressiveness and awareness. #skills
Old 10-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Flick the left stick don't move too much let the offense get in contact with your defensive man, don't over try, stay grounded, time your reactions with blocking you'll be good to go..
Old 10-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronFlames1988
This is and the "ride the hip"animation is one of the worst things to happen in the game.
When I'm playing on a 7'3 340 lb guy, this animation is laughably rigged.

I understand why they put it in the game, but I shouldn't be able to fly down alongside the court, stride for stride, with a 6'4 Pure Playmaking PG that's 99 in speed when I'm in the 30s in speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »