Home

Association Mode Idea

This is a discussion on Association Mode Idea within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

OVR: 0
Association Mode Idea

I love that we have the freedom to add expansion teams in 2K associations now. The idea of starting a franchise off fresh is very appealing.

However, I would love the option to decrease the number of teams as well.

For example, if the number of teams could be dropped from 30 to say, 12. Think about how much more talented the rosters would be. The quality of each team would be much higher, and there would be better basketball being played with star studded lineups.

I love that the NBA has so many teams, but it dilutes the talent down much more than if there were less teams.

This idea would also benefit roster editors who would like to create teams for smaller leagues like the WNBA for example. Drop the league size to 12 teams and create the 12 WNBA teams to use. Or with college basketball, create the ACC teams all in a league together.

I know idea isn't for everyone, but it would be really fun to add this option for those of us that would enjoy playing in a smaller league.

Thoughts?

Sent from my N9560 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Association Mode Idea

Not necessarily my cup of tea, but I'm all for it honestly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 10-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #3
Rookie

I see no harm in making it an option.

I wouldn't use it but it'd be simple to implement and would be a fun change of pace mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
MVP

Also we could have accurate historic seasons
Old 10-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Absolutely

Plus, managing the entire league would be much easier with fewer teams as you wouldn't have to keep up with 30-32 teams. It would likely result in a much higher quality game mode

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killuminati
For example, if the number of teams could be dropped from 30 to say, 12.
I would absolutely hate this lol but, I don't see why having this as an option would be detrimental in any way, I'd support it.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:43 AM   #7
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

I don't think people are seeing the point here. He's saying that 2K should allow you to decrease the number of teams in the league in My League. Just like you can add up to 6 teams you should be able to take away teams as well. This could make for the best My League saves ever! You could have accurate league sizes for historic rosters and everything! I would really love for this to be implemented and I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't yet been implemented. Really hope someone from 2K sees this. We need to put this in the wishlist thread.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
I don't think people are seeing the point here. He's saying that 2K should allow you to decrease the number of teams in the league in My League. Just like you can add up to 6 teams you should be able to take away teams as well. This could make for the best My League saves ever! You could have accurate league sizes for historic rosters and everything! I would really love for this to be implemented and I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't yet been implemented. Really hope someone from 2K sees this. We need to put this in the wishlist thread.
That's exactly what I'm saying

Basically my idea wouldn't take anything away from those who enjoy the way it is now. However, it would add a whole new level of enjoyment for those of us that would enjoy smaller leagues. Accurate league sizes for historic rosters would be really fun, and it would be perfect for NCAA rosters or us WNBA fans who would love to actually play in the current 12 team league

With the option to expand the league, I feel there needs to be the option to contract it as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »