Home

What did the latest update do?

This is a discussion on What did the latest update do? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2017, 10:22 PM   #73
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What did the latest update do?

There is definitely something going on maybe not on purpose but the lateral movements at times are slightly stuck in their animations even with the lateral movement slider set to 70 for both teams. ......

Just my thoughts again......
Old 10-28-2017, 03:38 AM   #74
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
There is definitely something going on maybe not on purpose but the lateral movements at times are slightly stuck in their animations even with the lateral movement slider set to 70 for both teams. ......

Just my thoughts again......
Something definitely feels different with movement today. I could barely walk the ball up in pro am lol . I couldn’t effectively run pick n roll either.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #75
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

i don't know but the missed layups are killing me......smh. did not have a problem with these in 2k17 at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone have any kind of idea when patch 5 will be? Seems like patch 4 did more damage than patch 3 did and they got patch 4 out in 16 days. It’s been 17 days since patch 4’s release and seems like everyone is mum on a new patch. Sucks spending $100 on VC with the sole purpose of creating and purchasing custom shoes at 10,000 VC a pop only to have them be “invisible” for 2 1/2 weeks now!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #77
Banned

These updates are usually commentary additions and such. The game feels exactly the same. It's the exact same thing as last year, except instead of just seeing the title screen with a loading globe, they added an actual progress bar to the downloads.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:47 AM   #78
Banned

Either sharpshooters are getting better badges (which cause OP shots) and we're seeing the fruition of that, or an update improved heavily contested shots. And not just arcade park, seeing this in walkon pro-am.

In the last couple days especially, I've seen HEAVILY contested shots go in way more. 2 guys on them. Or super long range shots like it's nothing.

Of all the sim aspects of gameplay, heavily contested shots should be the no brainers. If HEAVILY contested shots, aka pretty much the best defense you can play, are going in, it is really completely demoralizing to realism.

Here are the people who are complaining that their heavily contested shots aren't going in enough --> kids on twitter, noobs, and people who belong on NBA Jam. Reward basketball iq, not the crybabies who think that just because they found 'the best cheesiest shot ever that goes in every time!', that shot selection shouldn't even matter..
Old 11-01-2017, 11:13 AM   #79
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've seen it earlier in the season, seems like it triggers when you have multiple updates to download....

Game feels exactly the same as it has been, otherwise...think the update screen just psychs guys out...
I haven't played with this update yet but I figured this...I don't let these type of threads sway my judgement, Im a play for yourself and see type person but Im glad you're saying it feels the same.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 11-01-2017, 11:22 AM   #80
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I think it's always best to close the game out after a roster update and restart, I have experecnce irregular game speed, shooting etc that caused me to question if they screwed the gameplay up, but after i restarted the gameplay when back to normal.
Good stuff to know...after the last patch I posted on the forum and said the game speed felt perfect but alot of people disagreed with me, maybe this is why. Before that patch players were moving around the court superfast like ants but after the patch the pace for me has been GREAT. Haven't played with this update yet (ps4 offline since last patch&#128521

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »