Home

What did the latest update do?

This is a discussion on What did the latest update do? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: What did the latest update do?

I'm curious as to what patch 5 will contain.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-25-2017, 02:14 PM   #50
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Just to put your minds at ease, we haven't been making any stealth changes to gameplay. 99% of the time, those update messages are roster changes (shoes, accessories, injuries, ratings, etc.) Once in a blue moon it's an ACE update. I believe I've tweeted about every change I've made to shooting (of which there were only a couple, layup buff for example.)

There's one more change incoming with Patch 5 that might alter shooting effectiveness (depending on your playstyle.) And that's the over-dribbling shooting fatigue adjustment... aka. anti-zig-zag cheese. The new motion system essentially "broke" our left/right detection so we had to implement it a different way. Hopefully when the patch drops, I have it tuned to where it's only noticeably affecting the actual cheesers, but there's a chance I was too strict and would need to dial the shot penalties back some. After that, shooting will be locked down for the rest of the year.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:57 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

Just played a couple games of pro am as of Oct 25 between 11am and noon, and wherever it's at right now the gameplay feels PERFECT imo. Defense feels better, better foot planting, good overall everything. Save this setting lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 03:07 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Just to put your minds at ease, we haven't been making any stealth changes to gameplay. 99% of the time, those update messages are roster changes (shoes, accessories, injuries, ratings, etc.) Once in a blue moon it's an ACE update. I believe I've tweeted about every change I've made to shooting (of which there were only a couple, layup buff for example.)

There's one more change incoming with Patch 5 that might alter shooting effectiveness (depending on your playstyle.) And that's the over-dribbling shooting fatigue adjustment... aka. anti-zig-zag cheese. The new motion system essentially "broke" our left/right detection so we had to implement it a different way. Hopefully when the patch drops, I have it tuned to where it's only noticeably affecting the actual cheesers, but there's a chance I was too strict and would need to dial the shot penalties back some. After that, shooting will be locked down for the rest of the year.
Lovely news.. Thank you for coming in and letting us know about Mike.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:42 PM   #53
Rookie

ammar_munes's Arena

Quote:

Mike thank you for clearing things up

my question regarding Mycareer some badges have been nerfed , postorizer and Limitless range , I have 4 builds so far and one of them is slasher / sharp and after patch4 its hard to hit 3 and doesn't dunk as often !

can you think of a reason ?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #54
Rookie

YannisLB's Arena

Quote:

Hi Mike! Thanks for the answer

Do you know if patch 5 will correct the custom shoes bug?
Old 10-25-2017, 11:10 PM   #55
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:

Is it not possible for you guys to add an "update notes" pop up in-game any time there is an update to make things both easier on you guys and eliminate confusion from people who overreact to everything?

Can just be the same kind of pop up screen that we get in MyTeam that contains the "What's New" type info when new cards are added etc. from a UI perspective.

Having to monitor a bunch of different media (Twitter, OS, Reddit, Facebook) just in the hope of knowing what is going on is a bit frustrating...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 12:46 AM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Is it not possible for you guys to add an "update notes" pop up in-game any time there is an update to make things both easier on you guys and eliminate confusion from people who overreact to everything?
Ditto for the 11th time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »