Home

The “2K Bounce” has to be addressed

This is a discussion on The “2K Bounce” has to be addressed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 07:07 AM   #25
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The “2K Bounce” has to be addressed

The ball falling to left side of fat part of the rim after a close shot attempt is so scripted.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I think if you went into score summary and kept a log of how all your shots fell during a game, you'd find that it's not happening as often as you think it is....its just something that stands out to you when it does....

Not to long ago we were lamenting how every shot was a swish....I like the dynamic direction....
Old 10-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #27
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0
The “2K Bounce” has to be addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think if you went into score summary and kept a log of how all your shots fell during a game, you'd find that it's not happening as often as you think it is....its just something that stands out to you when it does....

Not to long ago we were lamenting how every shot was a swish....I like the dynamic direction....

It’s that it happens on most dribble pull-ups, contested jumpers, and free throws. It’s seems like if you’re in one of these scenarios you’re bound to see it about 75% of the time. It’s a real annoyance that I can’t shoot a clean mid-range dribble pull-up coming off a screen with players such as Goran Dragic, CP3, and Mike Conley. I just wish that it didn’t always hit off from rim, then the backboard, then finally goes in. I feel like as soon as I shoot it I’m able to predict the way the ball will interact with the hoop because I’ve seen it so much. Not to mention when the ball starts bouncing around and all of the players are standing still, the crowd is silent, and the commentators go mute it just kills the atmosphere. Just sitting there watching the ball bounce around and the life inside the game almost dies while it’s occurring. It just kills the immersion for me.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Yeah the ball definitely browsers on the rim a bit too much. Even to a point of being unrealistic and making its way onto my list of complaints. Every year the Prelude comes out and the ball doesn't bounce heavily on the rim and I feel like the final version may have changed that issue. But lo and behold the final version comes out and it still is if we're shooting with the Nerf ball. My best guess is with so many variables being taken into account with jump shots there has to be some extra time given for the calculations so the ball hangs out on the rim a little longer.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #29
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:

I'm sorry, but this is wrong. I also agree with the issue that the OP brought up that this happens much too often, and has been like this for several iterations of 2K.

I may take you up on this claim and record how many bounces each shot takes before it makes or misses on the next game I view. I definitely know that swishes seem pretty infrequent, even on shots like corner threes. I watch CPU CPU so it has nothing to do with the user's shot release timing.

And this is a more important problem than people realize, because every time the extra bounces happen, that's a couple seconds that shave off the clock. Given that there are on average 170 shots or so not counting free throws in a single game, between both teams, that could result in entire minutes that the pace slows down for the game if they happen too frequently.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 10-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #30
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage

I'm sorry, but this is wrong.
Should come AFTER you do this:

Quote:
I may take you up on this claim and record how many bounces each shot takes before it makes or misses on the next game I view.
Otherwise it doesn't mean much. I have no issue being wrong.

EDIT: I did want to test this myself though, here's all my jumpers from the first half of a HOF/5 min quarters game...no real focus on winning, jusy observing the rim interaction. Will post the 2nd half once its done.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66c085
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66bz99

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-26-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:33 PM   #31
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
This:

EDIT: I did want to test this myself though, here's all my jumpers from the first half of a HOF/5 min quarters game...no real focus on winning, jusy observing the rim interaction. Will post the 2nd half once its done.

Nice! Now I don't have to post a video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 01:34 PM   #32
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66c085

I have a rebuttal video to this video that I’ll post later today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »