Home

Defensive legacy issue: Defensive 3 seconds is called too tight

This is a discussion on Defensive legacy issue: Defensive 3 seconds is called too tight within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #17
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive legacy issue: Defensive 3 seconds is called too tight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
some possesions the Big is standing in the paint for 10 seconds with no whistle.

on the other Hand if i am guarding rudy gobert Top of the key and i sag Off to the free throw line with the onball defender i get called for defensive 3 very Quickly

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, I got popped a couple of times by that call too in the same matter. Being a PNO player, I don't like that the AI can get the call on their own. To my recollection, the AI NEVER gets gets called for a defensive 3-second. However, the AI can get called for the offensive 3-second. I actually lost a game due to a badly time offensive 3-second call in the final moments of a game. I was livid....
Old 10-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #18
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm think that since it was implemented in 2k2 or 3 they basically just use old school illegal defense rules with the paint. That would explain why its not called on the Ai. The Ai doesn't know the liberties it has while playing off the ball. They certainly don't know how to cheat too much and get caught. It would also explain why it doesn't register that you are in arms length of players who are not your man unless you are playing zone.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
I'm think that since it was implemented in 2k2 or 3 they basically just use old school illegal defense rules with the paint. That would explain why its not called on the Ai. The Ai doesn't know the liberties it has while playing off the ball. They certainly don't know how to cheat too much and get caught. It would also explain why it doesn't register that you are in arms length of players who are not your man unless you are playing zone.
I played a myleague game against the clippers last night. Montrez Harrell got called for defensive 3 seconds twice on back to back plays. So you're wrong
Old 10-29-2017, 10:11 AM   #20
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

Defensive legacy issue: Defensive 3 seconds is called too tight

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilmot
I played a myleague game against the clippers last night. Montrez Harrell got called for defensive 3 seconds twice on back to back plays. So you're wrong

Well I also had a game against the Clippers where Lou Williams pre-rotated and literally stood in the paint for over five seconds with no call. I'm positive because I told myself as soon as he starts moving out of the paint I'm attacking and began to count in my head.... Let's just say I never got my chance to attack. Lol

Edit: I have seen it called on the CPU but it's not consistent.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:26 PM   #21
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilmot
I was generalizing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 02:46 PM   #22
Rookie

I love the 3 seconds violation. Big dumb 7'3 340 centers cant do anything but run in and out the paint lol. I do my best to use those contact animations and hold them in the paint

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »