Home

What combo of 5 archetypes is working for your Pro Am team?

This is a discussion on What combo of 5 archetypes is working for your Pro Am team? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2017, 12:33 AM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
What combo of 5 archetypes is working for your Pro Am team?

I wanted to make this thread because I feel like my team is running a very unorthodox lineup and I wanted to know if anyone has found any crazy combos.

We are 14-0 running a pure point, playmaking slasher, rebounding sharpshooter (power forward), Playmaking sharpshooter(Me), and a pure rim protector.

The thing that is making this lineup potent is that the rim protector is for some reason being slotted at the 4 in games so I usually have a center guarding me. 90% of Center’s in pro am are two way rebounders or some combo of rebounding and something else. So I end up camping at 3 and forcing the others teams best rebounder and usually defender out of the paint which allows my pure paint protector to eat power forwards alive. Also he is an amazing passer so if he sees my defender cheat in he throws it to me quickly for the 3. Also our PG has HOF dimer so that rim protector can actually shoot 3s if he’s open. He’s shooting 45% from 3 with us. It’s pretty remarkable how you can still get around attribute limits if you find the right teammates. The way we play this lineup seems to just work. When we struggle it’s never because we just had horrible archetype matchups. It’s because we are making bad choices. This is one lineup I can think of with no glaring weakness. The only archetype that really owns us is a pure glass cleaner. And it has to be a very good one to do that. We’ve given up 20 boards to at least 2 pure glass cleaners

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 10-27-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 01:53 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What combo of 5 archetypes is working for your Pro Am team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
I wanted to make this thread because I feel like my team is running a very unorthodox lineup and I wanted to know if anyone has found any crazy combos.

We are 14-0 running a pure point, playmaking slasher, rebounding sharpshooter (power forward), Playmaking sharpshooter(Me), and a pure rim protector.

The thing that is making this lineup potent is that the rim protector is for some reason being slotted at the 4 in games so I usually have a center guarding me. 90% of Center’s in pro am are two way rebounders or some combo of rebounding and something else. So I end up camping at 3 and forcing the others teams best rebounder and usually defender out of the paint which allows my pure paint protector to eat power forwards alive. Also he is an amazing passer so if he sees my defender cheat in he throws it to me quickly for the 3. Also our PG has HOF dimer so that rim protector can actually shoot 3s if he’s open. He’s shooting 45% from 3 with us. It’s pretty remarkable how you can still get around attribute limits if you find the right teammates. The way we play this lineup seems to just work. When we struggle it’s never because we just had horrible archetype matchups. It’s because we are making bad choices. This is one lineup I can think of with no glaring weakness. The only archetype that really owns us is a pure glass cleaner. And it has to be a very good one to do that. We’ve given up 20 boards to at least 2 pure glass cleaners

How is your lineup against zone defense? What do you guys do specifically?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-27-2017, 02:16 AM   #3
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

You haven't played any of the top teams then because almost every decent team plays zone. Or if they have any form of brain they can just change the matchup. I guess the good news for you is 90% of the teams in pro am are completely terrible and a waste of time to play against. Have an elite 2 team and almost every game is a blow out win for us now.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:07 AM   #4
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
How is your lineup against zone defense? What do you guys do specifically?

Push through it until the 4th then run 5 out and met our PG hit the open guy

We ty avoid running 5 out even when losing so it’s effective when we need it to be

I would agree on the zone but our PG and rim protector are REALLY REALLY good defenders. He keeps us from having to use zone

Old 10-27-2017, 04:50 AM   #5
Rookie

PG - shot creating playmaker, SG - Pure Sharp, SF - 2 way Sharp, PF - Sharpshooting Athletic Finisher, C - Post Scoring Rim Protector

Lineup is very effective with good balance of inside-out game we suffer on rebounds sometimes but we still continue to win in spite of it due to gang rebounding and being able to manufacture stops at will.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »