Home

Either Nerf Layups or the Hip-Riding Animation!

This is a discussion on Either Nerf Layups or the Hip-Riding Animation! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2017, 03:19 PM   #17
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: Either Nerf Layups or the Hip-Riding Animation!

Defense is hard enough online, sometimes hip riding helps with input lag.

Honestly if a player is slightly contested and right next to the hoop they should have a reasonable chance to make it. Nerfing this is not the answer.

When I'm playing noobs that don't run plays, they do get bailed out by the hip ride animation and by fouls. But not every time. Over time good defense and good play calling and offense wins the day. I've lost a couple games due to crap, but it's rare, those players keep it close when it shouldn't be but they eventually lose.

Let's not make it impossible to hit a contested layup. Please
Old 10-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Either Nerf Layups or the Hip-Riding Animation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman

Honestly if a player is slightly contested and right next to the hoop they should have a reasonable chance to make it. Nerfing this is not the answer.

When I'm playing noobs that don't run plays, they do get bailed out by the hip ride animation and by fouls. But not every time. Over time good defense and good play calling and offense wins the day. I've lost a couple games due to crap, but it's rare, those players keep it close when it shouldn't be but they eventually lose.

But that's the thing.... I thought before you could hit contested layups. But now you have users who are taking bad layup with bad players.......That's not cool at all lol. I can take LeBron and Harden hitting layup contest layups...... But players with no contact badges and driving layup in 70"s. Should be making contest boady bumping layups
Old 10-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #19
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
Played against a dude who did this exclusively with Paul George. The animation would pull him 3 feet back and push me 3 feet back no matter what I did, even when I knew it was coming and started to move in the direction he would step back in before he started the move.
Yep. No matter what you do, you'll be pulled back. "Control" was supposed to be a big focus this year but it seems like only the offensive side of the ball was blessed with it.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #20
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
Can you name the mode please. It seems the first 2 pages are cluttered with mycareer and park complaints that gets titled like its about the overall game.
Play Now Online.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #21
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
Played against a dude who did this exclusively with Paul George. The animation would pull him 3 feet back and push me 3 feet back no matter what I did, even when I knew it was coming and started to move in the direction he would step back in before he started the move.
I actually seen that before, but I blew it off as "the purpose of a stepback is to create separation.". I did it on accident a couple times myself. I would do a snatch-back move on a dribble drive, and the instant separation between you and the defender is crazy. As the offensive player, I forget to shoot right away, because I'm briefly surprised by how open the shot is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #22
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Yep. No matter what you do, you'll be pulled back. "Control" was supposed to be a big focus this year but it seems like only the offensive side of the ball was blessed with it.
This is the one animation I'm ok with. But you can counter by not pressing L2 and Press toward the defender. And the offensive player has to make the shot. Which adds another layer. Which makes it a little skillful in my opinion. Driving at a defender starting a animation and then press a button to trigger a layup animation and then score.... Yea that last one isn't skill in mu opinion.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #23
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman

It's a very fine balance. To clarify, I'm not saying nerf the success rate into oblivion. Personally, I'm just saying return the success rate back to what it was out of the box.

However, just wait until you stop playing noobs and play people who know what they're doing. Man...it's a night and day difference. You're right that good defense and offense should overcome, but it's so mentally fatiguing playing someone like that on every possession for all 4 quarters. I make constant adjustments throughout the game, and I still can't stop it even though I know it's coming. I even resorted to zone defense which (not to my surprise) becomes a 3PT death trap. It's not like I stop the 3PT shooting, then my opponent moves to the post or PNR game. This people are doing variations of the same play....

Spread the offense, call for a screen, force the hip-riding animation for the easy layup (which it will be), foul, or kick-out.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The riding sequence really isn't canned at all....its just that the defensive options dont work, lol

You can hit circle for a charge buts its a foul 100% of the time, you can hit square for a steal, but it's a foul 100% of the time (Let me know if you guys have seen different results)

So the solutions are there, just make them effective....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »