Home

Either Nerf Layups or the Hip-Riding Animation!

This is a discussion on Either Nerf Layups or the Hip-Riding Animation! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2017, 12:50 PM   #41
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Either Nerf Layups or the Hip-Riding Animation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Layups are ridiculous this year! I notice this a lot in MyTeam as well, everyone just goes in for the layup. It kind of pisses me off when you see George Hill making layups with ease in traffic.
And that's exactly the problem. It's Harden and James I'm ok. But Hill just make layup after layup. That's a hell no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 PM   #42
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Consider me a prisoner of the moment but after going to HOU v. POR ball game last night I saw people like Harden, Dame, cp3, constantly triggering hip ride animations and getting to the paint. lol. Maybe 2k needs to focus on improving help d..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #43
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Consider me a prisoner of the moment but after going to HOU v. POR ball game last night I saw people like Harden, Dame, cp3, constantly triggering hip ride animations and getting to the paint. lol. Maybe 2k needs to focus on improving help d..
Slow down there . Dame shot 5/17 . CP3 was 6/16. Harden had a great game I’ll admit. But the success rate in pro am does not portray the actual nba percentages .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:44 PM   #44
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Slow down there . Dame shot 5/17 . CP3 was 6/16. Harden had a great game I’ll admit. But the success rate in pro am does not portray the actual nba percentages .
No doubt Rockie. I was just saying it's literally impossible to stop these guys from getting into the paint without help d IRL..One on one = Hip ride 70-80% of the time...at least last night. Getting by with hip ride shouldn't mean an automatic bucket and these guys missed a lot of inside shots after getting by their man due to help d contests or just missing all together.

I'm telling you though that with 2k trying to appeal to two crowds at the same time (both sim and the instant gratification mindset) they will continue to struggle with balancing this title from a gameplay perspective. Principles of sim mindset should also go into the pro am and my park models as well..imo
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:34 PM   #45
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
No doubt Rockie. I was just saying it's literally impossible to stop these guys from getting into the paint without help d IRL..One on one = Hip ride 70-80% of the time...at least last night. Getting by with hip ride shouldn't mean an automatic bucket and these guys missed a lot of inside shots after getting by their man due to help d contests or just missing all together.

I'm telling you though that with 2k trying to appeal to two crowds at the same time (both sim and the instant gratification mindset) they will continue to struggle with balancing this title from a gameplay perspective. Principles of sim mindset should also go into the pro am and my park models as well..imo
Sim principle are never going into the park, IMO, and won't go into pro am unless they create two separate pro am modes, one that is based on getting people prepared to try and make the 2K league(sim principles in there) and regular pro am that is still more loose.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 06:18 AM   #46
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

Yeah, you're not wrong on that aspect at all....that goes for the majority of the NBA games you watch....there's a lot of penetration, especially with the way the floor is spread now....but it's up to the help defense and a helping the helper to contain it....

There just isn't a bunch of constant pushing back on the perimeter....maybe more of that should be allowed in Park play etc....but as far as 5 on 5 goes, help defense definitely needs to be a huge focus....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-22-2018, 06:51 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

Overall consideration should be not to nerf but to evolve different aspect of the game and physicality so that things that shine as a problem will get balanced by improving the areas that are left out and so we'll get there where the realism is...
Old 03-22-2018, 06:54 AM   #48
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

I definitely am not upset at the hip ride this year, that's not the issue. It's the fact that you can left stick cheese into it at will. It's that people never lose the ball right before they trigger it when pro 6 behind the back teleports them through your body (I've seen this so many times it's absurd. There's literally an animation where he loses the ball, it disconnects from his hands completely then ZIP right back).

I concur that NON finishing characters have NO business finishing like they do. Not everyone should just be able to equip "explosive" layup package and finish better. INCLUDING players on my friends list who have big men with glitched animations that had trouble making contact layup with the big men packages, regardless of ratings, but immediately saw a return from the glitch.

I'm tired of money shot animations. There's not even a comparison of my shooting percentages using shots I feel like I TIMED better. to when I equipped base 9 and feel like I butcher that release almost every time but it greens.

It's like this game is so twisted, everything's connected and it's ALL to please casuals. It's getting gross.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »