Home

Better MyGM mode- 17 or 18?

This is a discussion on Better MyGM mode- 17 or 18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone? I really don't care for my career mode type stuff, so. Plus '17 is only $8 at gamestop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Better MyGM mode- 17 or 18?

MyGM '18 is story-based, '17 is not. MyLeague however has many upgrades over '17. I personally think 2K18 MyLeague is worth the upgrade over '17, but if youre looking for to start right away... get '17 if Xbox, '18 if PS4. I say that because SimWorld for Xbox is out on '17 of course, but on '18 itll probably be until mid December, early January until the project is released, so there will be a wait. I cant speak for PS4, so theres my $.02
Old 11-01-2017, 10:14 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

IMO, if MyGM is all you play, then neither are worth buying. That is if you like any type of realism that is. In 18, as the previous poster said, has a story mode, and the son of the owner will go behind you back and sign a player you dont want, which I know has upset alot of people, including myself with MyGM. I can remember with 17, but with 18, you also cant use a custom roster in MYGM, which is my biggest gripe, and why I deem the mode trash, because your stuck with their crappy ratings, and tendencies in MyGM.

Gameplay wise 18 is great, and MyLeague is solid as well. Just from these standpoints, I would say its worth it. But if your only focus is MyGM, save your money.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #4
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

MyGM in 2k17 is much better than 18. Not even close in my opinion. In 18 you can’t use custom rosters, can’t do expansion mode, can’t do custom draft class until year two, and have to deal with the idiotic storyline which is the same exact thing every time. Then after the first year it’s back to the exact same thing as in 2k17 anyway.

In response to the post above in 17 you can do custom rosters as well as expansion mode and custom draft classes from the onset.

All this being said I still can’t bring myself to go back to 17 because the gameplay in 18 is superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by TheBigTee; 11-01-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

For 2k18, myleague is the way to go. Dont like mygm this year as it seems you dont have enough freedom as a gm due to the storyline. Because of the story, it’s hard to focus on managing your team rather than waiting for the cut scenes to finish and what will the assistant gm do behind your back

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2017, 12:54 AM   #6
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

OVR: 0

MyGM wise, it's easily 17. 18's story was unneeded, there's practically zero freedom for the first year, and being unable to use custom rosters discouraged me to play the mode. It's my go to mode annually, but I skipped it this year, and I'm playing MyLeague instead.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #7
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
IMO, if MyGM is all you play, then neither are worth buying. That is if you like any type of realism that is. In 18, as the previous poster said, has a story mode, and the son of the owner will go behind you back and sign a player you dont want, which I know has upset alot of people, including myself with MyGM. I can remember with 17, but with 18, you also cant use a custom roster in MYGM, which is my biggest gripe, and why I deem the mode trash, because your stuck with their crappy ratings, and tendencies in MyGM.

Gameplay wise 18 is great, and MyLeague is solid as well. Just from these standpoints, I would say its worth it. But if your only focus is MyGM, save your money.
@ me next time. LOL
Old 11-02-2017, 08:43 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
@ me next time. LOL

I dont know what you mean by " @ me next time"

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs