Home

Xbox One X Responsiveness

This is a discussion on Xbox One X Responsiveness within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Xbox One X Responsiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Honestly? People either over exaggerating or fanboys.

I have 2 year old 49 inch Samsung 4K TV and picked up xbox x on release day.

I can only say that it is a minor upgrade for 2k. You load a little faster and graphics are minor upgrades. I didn't even notice it prior to moving closer to the TV.. So unless your face is right in front of the TV, the difference is marginal for this game.

I tested this with Battlefield 1 too. Everything is a little better (load times, graphics) but I wouldn't call it a major upgrade from regular x box.

Definitely doesn't feel next GEN or anything groundbreaking.
I don't believe BF1 is enhanced yet.

*edit

Seems like it is. I'll have to fire it up. But from what I've read, it's running consistently at 60FPS which is a big upgrade.

Last edited by mikejs210; 11-09-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Not doubting what you see or anything but was the One S receiving the same graphical upgrades as the PS4 Pro for 2k? I just asked because I thought the One S could only upscale to 4k and not actually run 4k natively.

If you only see a minor difference coming from playing the One S to now playing the One X then 2k really dropped the ball on the upgrade for the One X and that's unfortunate. I have the same TV as you but the 55inch and I got 2k on the Pro and was thinking about getting it on the One X but not going to waste the money now.

2k 18 is a big update from the Xbox one s to xb1x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #51
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Is it safe to say I should hold off on the X until I actually get a 4ktv? I'm curious to get the opinions of those with X's still gaming on a standard 1080p tv..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #52
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16
Xbox One X Responsiveness

Guys I grabbed 2k for XBoX tonight, I posted in the Madden thread about how big of a difference it is with that game so I will give you guys a detailed review once I get some time with it later. I don’t expect it to be on the same level that Madden is but we will see. BTW I have the pro as well so I will give you a breakdown of what I see between the 2 consoles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-10-2017, 07:13 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Guys I grabbed 2k for XBoX tonight, I posted in the Madden thread about how big of a difference it is with that game so I will give you guys a detailed review once I get some time with it later. I don’t expect it to be on the same level that Madden is but we will see. BTW I have the pro as well so I will give you a breakdown of what I see between the 2 consoles.

Looking forward to your impressions. Please let us know if the cutscenes/replays run at 60 fps like they do for Madden. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:35 AM   #54
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Been playing it on the X for a few days now and for me it’s a pretty big difference. Before I struggled with timing using the shot stick and after installing on the one it’s been nothing but good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have noticed this also. I rarely hit green releases before (I'm not good at the game) on Xbox one S, but a few minutes on the X and I was able to get some greens.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:08 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley

Looking forward to your impressions. I got 2K18 for the PS4 Pro it’s good but to me it still stutters a lil at time as in frame drop. Plus to me the response isn’t smooth( when I press down it seems like its lil lag/ plus I wanna know if the graphics are a upgrade better than a PS4 Pro.
If the graphics are a upgrade
The response is smoother
Then I’ll buy it again for the Xbox one X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #56
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Guys here’s what I noticed last night after getting some 2k In on XBOX One X. It’s def an improvement with some cutscenes and frame rate, more fluid. Changes aren’t as eye popping as Madden. Im telling you guys Madden feels like a whole new game, just the clarity and 60 fps. 2k isn’t that level of an upgrade but the difference is there. Will be nice to see what they do with this in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »