Home

2k18 worth getting over 2k17

This is a discussion on 2k18 worth getting over 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
2k18 worth getting over 2k17

Hey guy's I just picked up a used XBox One for my wife and to my surprise it came with a copy of 2k17.. I have totally be digging the Expansion mode in MyGM expanding to 36 teams and bringing back the Sonics. With the ability to download current rosters and future draft classes, is it worth investing in 2k18.

The last 2k NBA game I played was 15, cause I am more of a college guy and still actually like firing up the 360 and playing College Hoops.

So gameplay isn't a huge factor for me, I am more wondering are there any major improvements on the MYGM side of things and Expansion that might cause me to want to pay for a new game when I already have this one for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2k18 worth getting over 2k17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Hey guy's I just picked up a used XBox One for my wife and to my surprise it came with a copy of 2k17.. I have totally be digging the Expansion mode in MyGM expanding to 36 teams and bringing back the Sonics. With the ability to download current rosters and future draft classes, is it worth investing in 2k18.

The last 2k NBA game I played was 15, cause I am more of a college guy and still actually like firing up the 360 and playing College Hoops.

So gameplay isn't a huge factor for me, I am more wondering are there any major improvements on the MYGM side of things and Expansion that might cause me to want to pay for a new game when I already have this one for free.

If all you play is MyGM, and you would like it to be close to realstic as possible for a video game, then I would say save your money, and stick with 17, if gameplay isnt a huge factor for you.
This years MyGM you cant use custom rosters, so thats a negative, with how poorly done the 2k ratings people are. Also for the 1st season any you will not have full control, as its a story mode, which is almost as dumb as their MyPlayer story mode.
So for instance, after a certain amount of games, the Owners son goes behind your back and will make a ridiculous trade, without your input at all, you will just one day notice you got some player, on your team that you never wanted. That right there ruins it for me, along with not being able to use custom rosters.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for the feedback, I found another thread where a similar question was asked and read the same thing. So sounds like I am sticking to 2k17 which is good cause it didn't cost me and I really like my expansion draft.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

OVR: 0

The cpu plays you in a way that they steal rob and cheat to get their points. .sort of like the i.r.s they blatantly rip that win from you in a way that makes you hate paying 70 euros to get robbed in the cheapest manner possible ever implemented in a sports game ....

I mean defense is broken gameplay is scripted the cpu makes the most ridiculous shots while you miss layups with elite offensive players ..and i could ho on for an hour but to keep it short stick with 17 dude ...trust me saves you money and migraines
Old 11-10-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

hell yeah, don't get let behind! the road to 99 already started!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »