Home

Tell Me I Am Wrong About the AI

This is a discussion on Tell Me I Am Wrong About the AI within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
Tell Me I Am Wrong About the AI

Mode: Offline, NBA Today

No matter how much I am beating the AI e.g. 5 or 10 points in the first half, the AI will flip the switch and this starts happening:

Playing extremely fast like superhuman, catch up to you on fastbreaks even the slowest players, bailout fouls, forced turnovers, you start missing every shot even though you were efficient in the first half, defense is sticky glue (24th ranked defense turns into 1st ranked defense), they make everything even contested shots and shots you go WTF at. Also, they start doing a lot of driving and call a lot of ISOs and abuse the PnP. That's all they do (This is just how they play anyway but it's superhuman how they do it). Play elite defense in the first half and all of a sudden your teammates go full you know what and you can't play defense anymore yourself. Anyone experiencing this with the AI in the 3rd? Am I crazy?

Seriously, I can pass the ball during a fastbreak (the bumper cars B.S.) and it bounces off of someone else and I am called for a traveling violation or I am guarding the AI inbounded and I'm in a defensive stance, it's called a blocking foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tell Me I Am Wrong About the AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist

No matter how much I am beating the AI e.g. 5 or 10 points in the first half, the AI will flip the switch and this starts happening:

Playing extremely fast like superhuman, catch up to you on fastbreaks even the slowest players, bailout fouls, forced turnovers, you start missing every shot even though you were efficient in the first half, defense is sticky glue (24th ranked defense turns into 1st ranked defense), they make everything even contested shots and shots you go WTF at. Also, they start doing a lot of driving and call a lot of ISOs and abuse the PnP. That's all they do (This is just how they play anyway but it's superhuman how they do it). Play elite defense in the first half and all of a sudden your teammates go full you know what and you can't play defense anymore yourself. Anyone experiencing this with the AI in the 3rd? Am I crazy?

Seriously, I can pass the ball during a fastbreak (the bumper cars B.S.) and it bounces off of someone else and I am called for a traveling violation or I am guarding the AI inbounded and I'm in a defensive stance, it's called a blocking foul.
It does seem more rigged this year. I agree. I had to adjust sliders significanty to tone down those moments

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Nope I only play NBA today games and I see this a lot. I hate it. No matter how much I have of a lead it will dwindle down to nothing. I don't mind losing but sheesh let me blow out the scrub teams.

All star setting and nba today games.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 05:53 AM   #4
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Go play a scrimmage, after your playing for a while and the score starts getting high, you can blatantly see the cpu start to cheat, even on pro, the defense is almost tethered to every movement you make, you'll see alot of things that will make you shake your head. Its proof that the game's engine runs on a script if you will say, based upon your lead or they're lead.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I'm playing all star with adjusted sliders in my GM and my team is 0-8. Never in 2k history have I ever started so badly in my season. I played teams that are 0-7 and got beat. I got basically a dream team (in my league) and I'm struggling to compete against B- rated teams who seem to play like Jordan when their down. I got guys like a prime Kobe Bryant who is lucky to hit 1 of his signature fadeaway jumpers. Not to mention CPU never calls a single time out in a game. I lowered the Offensive and defensive consistency to like 30 on cpu and it didn't seem to do much of anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 12:05 AM   #6
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Quote:

You're wrong about the AI
Old 11-14-2017, 05:17 AM   #7
Rookie

BPM 81's Arena

OVR: 7

yes. It's frustrating as hell, I build a nice lead and then everything falls apart, they can't miss, and everything i'm doing fails. And the players morphing through your body while you're trying to defend in the post and off spin moves is out of control, you might as well not even be standing there because it doesn't even matter

Last edited by BPM 81; 11-14-2017 at 05:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #8
Pro

Call a time-out, adjust your defensive settings. Play basketball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »