Home

Are hook shots glitched this year?

This is a discussion on Are hook shots glitched this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 AM   #25
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are hook shots glitched this year?

This is how it should work in a basketball game, the post is designed to get to a spot near the hoop with the defender on your back, or trying to get a little space going by him, and get a shot off, contested or not, heck most post shots are contested, but its the great bigs that mastered and did moves like hook shots and turn around shots that it didnt matter whether a defender was still there at times, and then from there they could fake they're defender, drop step and so on.

They should make it so that single coverage post shots percentages get a buff, and double teams are required, thats how basketball worked back when the post was a primary part of the game still, but my feeling with this game, is 2k knows if you had to constantly double team the post, it would be too easy to get open shots with the way they're game engine works, so they're really at a confused stage in terms of how to balance this part into they're game. I also think its because of the way contesting works this year regarding all the constant post misses, cause i'v noticed all the post shots that usually work create a good distance from the defender, and usually go in, but in reality most post shots were contested very closely, but going back to what i said, it didnt matter because the offensive player was so close to the hoop.

I get frustrated because they have an array of moves in the post, yet only a select few that are effective and worth going to, so all post players are resorted to looking like they have the exact same play style.

Last edited by olajuwon34; 11-13-2017 at 05:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #26
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I did a little experiment. I did on on one in blacktop mode and I did Kareem VS Tim Hardaway. I did all Hook shots in the paint with Tim covering me. I shot 6 for 24. Doesn't matter who's guarding you. It doesn't work.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #27
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I did a little experiment. I did on on one in blacktop mode and I did Kareem VS Tim Hardaway. I did all Hook shots in the paint with Tim covering me. I shot 6 for 24. Doesn't matter who's guarding you. It doesn't work.
You sure.....?

I hit as many hooks as fade aways.

Are you guys getting open first?
Old 11-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #28
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You sure.....?

I just let my defender post me up (Tim Hardaway) and I shot those numbers. I'll try again tonight and I"ll post a screen shot.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #29
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You sure.....?

I understand that standing hooks aren't as powerful as last yeat but in my experience mismatches are straight up murder on this game....like you'll literally get an automatic layup animation if you back them down.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #30
Banned

i noticed this too
Old 11-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #31
Rookie

Glitched? No.

Efficient? No.

They seemingly just up'd the difficulty / success rate on these due to them being laughably overpowered last year.

I probably score 50% of hook shots (and they're honestly WIDE open), so it's just not an effective move whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 2

Hook shoots should be more effective, specially with skilled post players against bad post defenders.

To me, it is glitched because the results (efficiency) are not as real as one would expect...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »