Home

Legitimate gripe with some of the All-Time Legends ratings...

This is a discussion on Legitimate gripe with some of the All-Time Legends ratings... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Legitimate gripe with some of the All-Time Legends ratings...

I watched game one of the 1990 playoff between the Bulls & Pistons. Outside of Dumars & to a degree Jordan, the perimeter shooting was pretty bad. Now, virtually everyone can shoot well. I still love the style of play of the 80's & 90's teams though. I'll never argue those teams were better but I enjoy it a lot.

I've always thought the biggest difference between players in 2017 versus years ago is that basketball has become positionless. This has lead to all players developing similar skills. There aren't many big guys who just clog the lane & rebound now. Everyone can handle & everyone has a jumper.

To the actual topic, i the all time teams are out of wack but the old school teams are decent. My biggest complaint is the legend tendencies. Most are awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

I think for All-Time Legends ratings, they need to go by their absolute best stats for their team. For example, say Kobe Bryant shot 45% from 3PT in 2003, and shot 70% from Midrange in 2009. They would take those percentages and add them into the ratings.

I feel like they're random, especially with James Worthy.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:30 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 3

The badges are really bad. Rony Seikaly had quite a few badges. Glen Rice had badges for PLAYMAKING! Way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 12:51 AM   #52
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

I remember in 2k11 Worthy was really really good for 3 pts and every time i thought " what? James can shot 3 pts". But if you play good, it totally disappear.
I discovered too that Will Perdue has 99 for blocking! It is just a big big mistake.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:58 AM   #53
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Someone needs to make a "realistic All time Roster" If it hasn't been done already.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
No he's absolutely right. I wouldn't say a scrub but I'm not sure if he'd be an all star in today's league and this is coming from a very big Celtics fan. He would've been like a Draymond Green type player if he could've upped his assists per game average up, but no way was he ever going to ever average 20 rebounds a game. Same with Wilt. Never would've came close to a 50pt 20reb season.

Watch some film on these guys. They played against some very slow, flat footed, and non-athletic players with very little basketball skills in the infancy of the game, creating some very inflated stats. Not to mention they towered over everyone when height, not skill, was a determining factor in the game. Pit them against today's athletic freaks who've been playing since they were 3 years old and have point guards dunking on centers. A completely different stats and career.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Don't you understand that if these players would play vs current players they would use current methods of training/shoes/gears/doctors etc and so they would be equally better as well?
Old 11-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Don't you understand that if these players would play vs current players they would use current methods of training/shoes/gears/doctors etc and so they would be equally better as well?
Skills are the only thing that matter. And when your skills are pit against someone with better or lesser skills, you either shine or you appear lackluster. Back in Wilt and Russell's days, I'd be an all star. I'm today's game, I don't get drafted. Again, we've only seen the skills they've displayed in their era, against competitors who look to have close to zero skills. You can only judge and compare things when looking at something else. Wilt and Russell look like gods because their stature and how well they dominated everyone else that were crappy players.

We have no idea if they would be able to gain better skills or stay the same, with the results looking as one of three possibilities: still being as great as they were in their era in today's game, being decent players in today's game, or being phased out of the game completely.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 06:31 PM   #56
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

Basically what I was trying to say, but you said it better, with much less wording,lol. Game has evolved, as have players. And as I stated, many years ago, players worked off season jobs, so they didnt have the luxury of working out and improving their game.

For these very reason's, it makes no sense to try and compare era's, or even fair for that matter.I Like what Larry Bird said, when comparing the original Dream Team, to the 1 they called the redeem team, Bird said I think they would probably beat us, I havent picked up a basketball in 20 yrs

Back on to the original topic, which is where the focus should be, is I wish 2k if they are going to continue on with these all time classic teams, they need to put more effort into doing a better job with not just ratings and tendencies, but I would love for them to bring back the rules of those era's as well.
Also while I know NBA2k12, had its issues, I loved the presentation package they gave them back then, with the black and white games. Maybe Im in the minority, but I enjoyed that game for that alone, as its basically all I played with Association mode being jacked up with glitches back then.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »