Home

Legitimate gripe with some of the All-Time Legends ratings...

This is a discussion on Legitimate gripe with some of the All-Time Legends ratings... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2017, 10:44 PM   #1
Rookie

ThaMastamind's Arena

OVR: 0
Legitimate gripe with some of the All-Time Legends ratings...

Don’t know if this is the correct spot for this, but here goes:

Some of the ratings for these guys doesn’t make sense to me. For example, why in the world does James Worthy on the All Time Lakers team deserve a 3? A 80+ 3? Just played a Play Now Online game and he torched me from deep, but he’s a lifetime 24% shooter from downtown... He even had 4 seasons where he shot 0% from 3!

Why 2K, why?

Not trying to bash the game at all, I truly love it. But, it seems like no research went into the ratings. It’s like they said, “This guy was a great player, let me set this rating to this.” No substance or research behind it.

Last edited by ThaMastamind; 11-13-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Legitimate gripe with some of the All-Time Legends ratings...

All-time rosters are like MyTeam ratings. Mostly inflated.

I'm happy 2K even put them in.

But it would be nice if they were accurate, though a lot of the players from older generations would have really bum ratings in key areas like 3pt shooting.

I just want 2K to remove all the John Doe players from Classic teams. If you only have 7-8 players, then so be it.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:56 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah, I'm uncertain what the drive was behind inflating all the All-Time Legends ratings. You're 100 percent right on this. I think even Greg Ostertag is rated over 80. I don't know a lot about MyTeam but I've heard others mention ratings tend to be inflated in that mode too. So maybe 2K was trying to align All-Time teams to MyTeam. Or maybe they just wanted the All-Time teams to have an extra sense of gravitas.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:23 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaMastamind
Don’t know if this is the correct spot for this, but here goes:

Some of the ratings for these guys doesn’t make sense to me. For example, why in the world does James Worthy on the All Time Lakers team deserve a 3? A 80+ 3? Just played a Play Now Online game and he torched me from deep, but he’s a lifetime 24% shooter from downtown... He even had 4 seasons where he shot 0% from 3!

Why 2K, why?

Not trying to bash the game at all, I truly love it. But, it seems like no research went into the ratings. It’s like they said, “This guy was a great player, let me set this rating to this.” No substance or research behind it.
wait, did I read that right? Did they give him an A rating for 3 pointers? I will jsut throw this in here, and it still does not explain, he did shoot 30% one year (1989). So not sure if they're basing it on that. But he was never an A shooter. B- at best at that range.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaMastamind
James Worthy on the All Time Lakers team deserve a 3? A 80+ 3? J
I don't really ever dabble with the All Time rosters but if this is true, then I agree, there's an issue.

James Worthy was never, at any point in his career, a legitimate 3 point threat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

can someone check if he has a 3 point rating on the classic teams too? Wonder what they gave him on the 87 Lakers squad? He shot under 25% that year.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

Inflated Badges will also make the ratings worse.

I'd imagine any bout between All-Time teams to be an Arcade-fest and wouldn't really worry about realistic gameplay. Worthy would probably be a better shooter if he played/trained in today's NBA.

Like if you really want to take it serious the players from the 60s should have god-awful ratings, Bill Russell would be a scrub in today's league. The league ain't filled with chain-smoking white guys, PF/Cs with less height/weight than Joe Johnson, and stars who can't dribble left or consistently drill open 15 footers. If you watch old tape of these games it's a bonafide joke.

A knucklehead like Michael Beasley probably has a better defensive IQ than anyone from 40 years ago but offense is so much better now you need All-Time talent to standout on the defensive end now.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 11-15-2017, 05:14 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
can someone check if he has a 3 point rating on the classic teams too? Wonder what they gave him on the 87 Lakers squad? He shot under 25% that year.
He's rated normally on the other rosters. I use him quite frequently.

In my opinion, the All-Time roster players are all "over-statted", and I think that's on purpose. They want them to feel powerful on those teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »