Home

Controller Responsiveness - XB1 v PS4

This is a discussion on Controller Responsiveness - XB1 v PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 05:25 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Controller Responsiveness - XB1 v PS4

I'm playing on an original Xbox One system, and all of the moves that require me to double tap a face button are extremely unreliably this year in online matches.

For alley oops, I'll double tap Y, and I'll often get a regular overhead pass instead.

For flashy passes, I'll double tap B, and I'll often get a bounce pass instead.

For spin jumpers, I'll double tap X, and I'll often get a hop jumper instead.

All of my right joystick dribble moves also feel like there's a large delay between when I flick the stick and when the animation actually performs on my TV screen.

I can't decide if it's the game, the Xbox, or the controller that's causing these problems.

But I had none of these issues in 2K17.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-14-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #10
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung;
I'm playing on an original Xbox One system, and all of the moves that require me to double tap a face button are extremely unreliably this year in online matches.

For alley oops, I'll double tap Y, and I'll often get a regular overhead pass instead.

For flashy passes, I'll double tap B, and I'll often get a bounce pass instead.

For spin jumpers, I'll double tap X, and I'll often get a hop jumper instead.

All of my right joystick dribble moves also feel like there's a large delay between when I flick the stick and when the animation actually performs on my TV screen.

I can't decide if it's the game, the Xbox, or the controller that's causing these problems.

But I had none of these issues in 2K17.

I dont have a ps4. Generally, I agree with u on the “lag” in 2k18, especially so on the new passing system.

I’m still enjoying 2k17 with custom sliders on HOF offline play, best so far imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 05:52 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

One more controller issue I've noticed that happens whenever you're the sideline inbounder in the offensive half-court:

Pressing the right bumper once to bring up your passing icons will often cause the game to instantly throw the ball inbound to a random teammate.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-15-2017 at 05:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #12
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Coming from PS4PRO I sense that the XB1 X has a little more latency in the button presses myself. Using the same exact rosters and settings (and Samsung ks8000 in game mode) I am finding it very hard to hit 3s and some free throws as it just feels like the button presses are a little laggy. This probably affects other aspects of the game but these are just 2 areas where there is a visible meter that I can see where my input was.

Also....I am using the Elite Controller and it feels like there is quite a dead zone on the left stick. I feel as though when I press a specific direction my player doesn't really move much until the stick is moved from center a decent amount. On the PS4 it seems to be way more responsive as soon as I push any direction. I, talking about slow movement....not herky jerky quick slashing moves.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #13
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Coming from PS4PRO I sense that the XB1 X has a little more latency in the button presses myself. Using the same exact rosters and settings (and Samsung ks8000 in game mode) I am finding it very hard to hit 3s and some free throws as it just feels like the button presses are a little laggy. This probably affects other aspects of the game but these are just 2 areas where there is a visible meter that I can see where my input was.

Also....I am using the Elite Controller and it feels like there is quite a dead zone on the left stick. I feel as though when I press a specific direction my player doesn't really move much until the stick is moved from center a decent amount. On the PS4 it seems to be way more responsive as soon as I push any direction. I, talking about slow movement....not herky jerky quick slashing moves.
I have a pro and the one x and it's the opposite for me especially online.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 12-03-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #14
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't felt any noticeable lag on my XBOX One S at all this year, and this is coming from a guy who has bought every other NBA 2k game on PS4 up until this year.

Quite possibly this is just a placebo effect because you like the way the controller feels on the PS4 more so than the XBOX for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
One more controller issue I've noticed that happens whenever you're the sideline inbounder in the offensive half-court:

Pressing the right bumper once to bring up your passing icons will often cause the game to instantly throw the ball inbound to a random teammate.
Wow. I have never had that happen, and I use RB to pick a guy every time on an inbounds play.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:24 AM   #15
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I'm on PS4 and it feels very unresponsive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #16
Banned

I think it's just the game. When the game first came out the input lag was great, especially the foot planting on D. Patches made it worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »