Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 02:49 PM   #233
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Iv narrowed down what makes a random a bad random into 3 points.

1. A guy who doesn’t pass on time. Iv actually played with people who pass a lot but if the pass ain’t on time what am i gonna do with it? I hate being wide open for 3 seconds and seeing the ball come only when my man starts guarding me again.

2. Not being able to consistent get easy buckets. Easy meaning full Court passes for dunks because they aren’t even looking up, easy backfoot cuts for oops and layups. Just the easy stuff bad randoms have a hard time converting because most the time they aren’t looking at what their teammates are doing

3. Poor defense. Self explanatory. Iv never and i mean NEVER seen a bad random actually play great D and just suck on offense.90% of the time bad randoms are also giving up 15 points on D. I personally don’t get why that is, you’d think you’d be good at ONE side of the ball at least but nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-23-2018, 04:12 AM   #234
Banned

Starting to think about 50% of the NBA 2K population and 95% of randoms are genuinely mentally disabled or on drugs. The number of face-palms I've done while dealing with these people -- whether their subzero IQ in the game, on their mic, or the insanely stupid messages they send-- is beyond any other game I've ever played. And it's not kids, it's adults who are at minimum in their 20's. No other community (gaming or otherwise) on earth has players this dumb.

Yeah it'd be nice to have 1000 high bball IQ players on my friends list who are active, but it's just not reality. Even the "looking for group" it's just a tad better than randoms. But the fact is, playing with randoms is unavoidable if you're trying to to get a game in or grind for 2KL, etc.

Here's an example

Me: "Hey use 2K camera"

actual responses I've gotten:

Random: "Shut up ***"
Random: "Reported"
Random: "Don't tell me what to do coach"
Random: "Stfu"
Random: "What's that?"

2K Randoms are the worst in all of videogames
Old 11-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #235
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
Starting to think about 50% of the NBA 2K population and 95% of randoms are genuinely mentally disabled or on drugs. The number of face-palms I've done while dealing with these people -- whether their subzero IQ in the game, on their mic, or the insanely stupid messages they send-- is beyond any other game I've ever played. And it's not kids, it's adults who are at minimum in their 20's. No other community (gaming or otherwise) on earth has players this dumb.

Yeah it'd be nice to have 1000 high bball IQ players on my friends list who are active, but it's just not reality. Even the "looking for group" it's just a tad better than randoms. But the fact is, playing with randoms is unavoidable if you're trying to to get a game in or grind for 2KL, etc.

Here's an example

Me: "Hey use 2K camera"

actual responses I've gotten:

Random: "Shut up ***"
Random: "Reported"
Random: "Don't tell me what to do coach"
Random: "Stfu"
Random: "What's that?"

2K Randoms are the worst in all of videogames
Remember, you are 'a random' to them. While I've experienced much of what is said here, and wouldn't respond in ways you've mentioned, but I find it rude that you feel the need to tell people what camera to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2018, 03:34 PM   #236
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Remember, you are 'a random' to them. While I've experienced much of what is said here, and wouldn't respond in ways you've mentioned, but I find it rude that you feel the need to tell people what camera to use.

Broadcast makes you a worse player tho. You can’t even see down the court do those players will literally pass to you full court if they don’t see you leak. Also those players usually can’t dribble at all because the controls are too hard in broadcast. Telling someone to use 2k is definitely good advice

I played with a guy off a looking for group post who didn’t even know i was a pure stretch 4

He kept taking contested leaner 3s with me wide open because he thought i was a rebounder because i knew how to box out

Dude was a grown man and doesn’t know how to listen or press one button to see what arch his teammates are

Old 11-23-2018, 03:37 PM   #237
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Dear Randoms...

I often must catch myself and remember there are people who play who are mentally challenged or really young and just don’t get basketball

But the normal sounding grown men that suck at 2k is still a lot and i don’t get it

If I’m open pass, if you have the lame don’t stop and set a screen roll to the damn rim, if your open shoot it before your man gets there or guys who will literally watch you get 21 put on your head all on 3s from pick and roll and won’t switch for you ONCE all game even when it’s clear he should

These are things i consistently see dudes do and i just don’t get it

And even worse these dudes don’t listen to advice

They call you coach and get mad when if they just listened they’d get more points and play better

Old 11-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #238
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Broadcast makes you a worse player tho. You can’t even see down the court do those players will literally pass to you full court if they don’t see you leak. Also those players usually can’t dribble at all because the controls are too hard in broadcast. Telling someone to use 2k is definitely good advice

I played with a guy off a looking for group post who didn’t even know i was a pure stretch 4

He kept taking contested leaner 3s with me wide open because he thought i was a rebounder because i knew how to box out

Dude was a grown man and doesn’t know how to listen or press one button to see what arch his teammates are

I agree that 2k cam is better, but I play with a 5 who plays on broadcast. Didn't notice until he said it. I wouldn't find
Old 11-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #239
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I agree that 2k cam is better, but I play with a 5 who plays on broadcast. Didn't notice until he said it. I wouldn't find
You can get away with it at the 5.

I’ve played with point guards who use broadcast and they missed easy transition buckets time and time again.

They can’t see the court so that nullifies the fast break.

It’s usually guys 35+ who play on broadcast anyways
Old 11-23-2018, 07:05 PM   #240
Banned

Quote:
but I find it rude that you feel the need to tell people what camera to use.
I know how rude of me to give common sense tips to noobs who made the decision to play a multiplayer mode. My bad lmao. Wow...

p.s. - Find me one professional 2K player who uses broadcast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »