Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2019, 01:24 AM   #265
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Whenever I go in by myself, I’ve learned to weed out what I believe are going to be bad games. I still get caught in one here or there, but I’ve learn to eliminate a good 65%-70% of them:

If I am on my Sharpshooting Shot Creator SG:
I check out the player’s archetype combined with his record vs PPG, and I can pretty much tell if he’s going to be trash, and I’m out. Ex: If you’re a PG Play/Sharp, or some sort of Pure Sharp, and you average about 5-6 ppg with something like a 40-200 record, I can pretty much tell you take a lot of dumb *** shots, and you’re probably the reason your team loses.

If I’m on my LDD SF:
Too many inside players (i.e a team full of Slashers), I’m out, because that’s a guarantee that spacing will be atrocious. There’s gotta be at least 2 players who can shoot 3s relatively decently. Next, refer to my Shot/Sharp rule.

It ain’t foolproof, but it helps a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2019, 09:03 AM   #266
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I can't voice enough how terrible the matchmaking is in this game. 50% of the time I walk into JRC I'm matched up with 3 PG's and a SF (I'm a center). This should never happen. There's also been multiple times where I've matched up with 4, yes 4 small forwards. It really makes no sense.

I play by myself in JRC about 95% of the time, so trying to find a game with reasonable players takes on average 20 minutes because of the dashboarding. I don't get how people get enjoyment out of being 4-70 or 205-520. I feel like if I was that bad at the game, I'd probably find something else to play. This game is fun when you can run with intelligent teammates, but that happens maybe once every 5 games, even with dashboarding and finding suitable teammates based off of records and per game stats.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #267
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
I can't voice enough how terrible the matchmaking is in this game. 50% of the time I walk into JRC I'm matched up with 3 PG's and a SF (I'm a center). This should never happen. There's also been multiple times where I've matched up with 4, yes 4 small forwards. It really makes no sense.

I play by myself in JRC about 95% of the time, so trying to find a game with reasonable players takes on average 20 minutes because of the dashboarding. I don't get how people get enjoyment out of being 4-70 or 205-520. I feel like if I was that bad at the game, I'd probably find something else to play. This game is fun when you can run with intelligent teammates, but that happens maybe once every 5 games, even with dashboarding and finding suitable teammates based off of records and per game stats.

That’s what i don’t get either

I don’t get how it’s fun to have a boo boo record and shoot like 1/7. I say it all the time. If all you wanted to do was shoot go to MyCareer and play on Pro. I think American culture has adopted a “troll” culture. Combine that with social media and YouTube and it’s kinda ruined online gaming.

Back in the day the kids that sucked didn’t have an outlet or anyone to react to their trashy you look on YouTube now and some of the most popular videos are of creators trolling their teammates. Now imagine how many dudes do that in games because they realize they suck and find joy in getting cussed out or a message?

The rec is such a mixed bag and I’m tired of it. I should be able to hop on and have a consistent good time

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-25-2019, 12:37 PM   #268
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:

I believe that at peast part of the reason that they won't/haven't fixed matchmaking is $$$.

'Sure, you could play and not compete with that 60 overall of yours... But wouldn't you much rather pay a little dough and have an 85?'

Last edited by Iasounis; 01-25-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #269
Banned

Quote:

Probably has to do with getting into games faster. It's either wait longer for 'correct' matchups or this way. 2K = waiting or crappy experience. Always one or the other, in a game model that is all about waiting to rank up etc.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:18 AM   #270
Banned

That's it I'm done. I literally can't play another game with JRC randoms. If it takes me 20min to find a game, so be it. Literally 90% of my losses are because of randoms.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:27 AM   #271
Banned

90% of Randoms have this Badge on HOF:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #272
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
That's it I'm done. I literally can't play another game with JRC randoms. If it takes me 20min to find a game, so be it. Literally 90% of my losses are because of randoms.
Pretty mesmerizing how many awful players are out there

It's one thing if things are clunky on offense because people aren't used to each other, but you can usually tell it will work out in the end if people at least play defense, share the ball and don't force action

But that just doesn't happen. Always some moron who won't play D, and then on offense all they do is run near the ball in the hopes that you'll pass

....and if you don't acquiesce to them, they start tanking

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »