Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
2018 Sports Game of the Year Award Winners
Best Feature of 2018 Roundtable
Best Indie Game of 2018 Roundtable

Old 01-27-2019, 05:10 PM   #273
Pro

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Played with a rebounding stretch, guarding a pure stretch, who always played the paint instead of picking up the wide open shooter. His man had 20 points in the first.

I mean... Just...

No.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #274
Pro

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Played with a rebounding stretch, guarding a pure stretch, who always played the paint instead of picking up the wide open shooter. His man had 20 points in the first.

I mean... Just...

No.

Itís crazy people are that bad. Or donít know to guard the 3

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-27-2019, 07:57 PM   #275
Pro

Well, it's funny because I was on my 2-way point forward for that game. He's 6'10 and my man was a slasher always cutting in. Basically, I could have ran center that game just fine. I think my man was 6'6 so I had like 4 rebounds to start the game. We were beating them on the glass like 8-2 because their big was never in the paint. So exactly what strategy he thought he was doing just didn't make any sense. In offense he was always driving in and posting up. Its like........ Huh?

We don't need a revolution to match making, but some sort of lobby system or strictly matching up by W/L or something is not revolutionary either.

It's really just awful they allow this to continue year in and year out.

GTA online showed you can definitely grouplime-minded players together and it helps the community as a whole. The dribble gawds with (i really played with someone like this the orher day) 200 wins and 900(!!!) Losses can play with each other. Maybe even just do it by teammate grade. If I'm sporting a b+ teammate grade every game, why would I want to play with someone who averages a C- with LESS THAN 1 assist per game average.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #276
Pro

Yeah so I got sucked back in 'cause I had OG friend on and no one else on, so I said eff it. Immediately regretted it. First game, trash teammates vs of course a try-hard clan who were try-hard enough to play JRC, but not pro-am. Yeah ok, you're good. 2nd game, better records but they still trash and buddy balled. I can't emphasis enough how mind-blowingly stupid your average 2K random is. Not just stupid, but scummy. I can handle one or the other but not both. Forrest Gump was dumb, but he wasn't scummy. Some people are smart but scummy, and you're like "well at least they can maybe help figure something out and help out". Dumb + scummy? Th'at's your criminals of society usually.
IDK what pool of 4th world country 2K randoms come from, but I do know they are the worst randoms of any videogame community out there.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:17 PM   #277
Pro

Housh123's Arena

Dear Randoms...

Love it when you hoopin in park and run into that stretch 4 who thinks heís better than what he really is and every time he touches the ball he has to call for screens and zig zag and waste 15 seconds of the shot clock before he passes.

Ran into a guy who did that for 3 games but me and my other teammate were balling extra hard we won anyway. So on the 4th game we finally lost and i called him out and instead of saying my bad bro i shouldnít have wasted the shot clock so much, he insisted on calling me the N word and telling me i was trash.

Good olí 2k

Iíd rather play with 40 straight bad offensive players than 1 center on defense that pretends like he doesnít know he should switch on D so the PG Iím guarding doesnít shoot 5 3s off the pick. That right there makes me get off 2k or play MyCareer faster than anything else. Cause those dudes always send you a message saying ďplay defense bumĒ

I canít stand it. Last couple 2ks i ran center and nobody i played with had to worry about their PG shooting off screens. Itís so bad that Iím thinking about going back to center in 2k20. Iím just tired of people purposely allowing me to go 2 on 1 so their man doesnít score

Last edited by Housh123; 02-01-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:44 AM   #278
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Love it when you hoopin in park and run into that stretch 4 who thinks heís better than what he really is and every time he touches the ball he has to call for screens and zig zag and waste 15 seconds of the shot clock before he passes.

Ran into a guy who did that for 3 games but me and my other teammate were balling extra hard we won anyway. So on the 4th game we finally lost and i called him out and instead of saying my bad bro i shouldnít have wasted the shot clock so much, he insisted on calling me the N word and telling me i was trash.

Good olí 2k

Iíd rather play with 40 straight bad offensive players than 1 center on defense that pretends like he doesnít know he should switch on D so the PG Iím guarding doesnít shoot 5 3s off the pick. That right there makes me get off 2k or play MyCareer faster than anything else. Cause those dudes always send you a message saying ďplay defense bumĒ

I canít stand it. Last couple 2ks i ran center and nobody i played with had to worry about their PG shooting off screens. Itís so bad that Iím thinking about going back to center in 2k20. Iím just tired of people purposely allowing me to go 2 on 1 so their man doesnít score

The "average" 2K player has no idea how to hedge or even rotate on screen and rolls in the park. I play predominantly with randoms (normally make sure they at least have legit splits - shot %, win %, etc.), as I don't have a huge crew that plays 2K anymore and getting games in the park is pretty easy as a center with a respectable record/rank.

Having said that, I'm normally not on the mic in the park, because of the nonsense, but it's always beautiful when you can find a couple of teammates that know how to space the floor, guard the pick and roll/pop, guard the wrap around, etc. Granted this happens like twice a month.

Anymore I've just been balling in the park, because JRC is full of legit pro-am teams waiting to beat-down randoms. The last game I played in JRC our random squad matched up with a team full of Elites (the first time I've ever seen "Elite" in JRC). Records of something like 1,100-60. Yeah, I'm good.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:59 PM   #279
Pro

Holy smokes. I guess I've been getting lucky recently. Last night hopped in JRC by myself and got a full squad of players with over .500 records. They obviously knew each other and must have just been down a PG. I just happened to be their random. I fit right in. Two games in a row I had a 20 point 10 assist line with low turn overs and a good shooting percentage. We blew the teams out by 30. No one sent a friend request, myself included, but it was fun.

Today I played a Rec game on my 2 way Point Forward and easily could have had a triple double if they would have taken the open looks I was giving them.

I would play the paint on offense in order to get kick out rebounds, but they would in turn drive right into the paint instead of pull wide open. There was a stretch in particular that hit a few open shots early and they caught onto that ave started doubling him. Instead of kicking to the cutter or an open shooter, he started throwing it up. Of course i would get the rebound and kick it to another player wide on the other side, and he would drive in.

They were all sharp first players on the wing..
Old 02-12-2019, 03:49 AM   #280
Pro

Housh123's Arena

Running PG with randoms is just stupid

I canít count how many times Iím defending a simple pick and roll against a pure sharp and my teammate literally has his fully body UNDER THE RIM. Like it isnít common knowledge by now that pure sharps shoot off screens? Or do people just not care about their teammates that much that they let their PG go 2 VS 1 just so they can say they gave up no points

Iím going back to center next year for SURE. This has been an all year thing. It should be so common practice that if weíre against a pure sharp you should AUTOMATICALLY switch to take away that 3. Like i canít believe people still donít do it. These be pro 2 and pro 3s too so i think they just donít care. Idk man this game is toxic for point guards. I either gotta play with Mr never step up on a screen or i gotta play with captain run in my face and set a screen i donít need and get mad when i donít shoot from 28 feet out even tho Iím not a pure sharp

Iím definitely going back to post scorer next year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »