Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #289
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
My biggest issue in park(the mode i play most this year after nba games) is that your teammates don’t know how to guard screens 95% of the time

I be guarding whole 96 overall, elite 3 pure sharps and my teammate will be under the rim watching me try to fight through a pick and roll instead of switching and taking away the 3.

It’s bad enough where i lowkey don’t even want to play anymore. I feel like I’m not even getting the chance to actually play D because my teammate sits and let’s me go 2 vs 1 all game.

Then if i send a message, the only response I’ll get it “19 on your head D up bum”

I have to play with randoms because i play from like 1am to 3am and it’s gotten so not worth it, I’m thinking about going back to center next year. Because i just didn’t have those problems when i was at center. How hard is it to step up like your going to hedge then get back to the roll? Dudes literally be so far under the paint it’s OBVIOUS I’m about to get a 3 shot on me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This was my problem to start the year, pretty much no one switched/was ready to step up even if i got hammered by a screen, starting running with a 6'10 lock and 6'11 stretch using my 6'10 Pure Point Forward. We switch everything and we've won 90% of our games simply due to slowing down the barrage of 3's. I'll take a inside/post mismatch over a wide open 3 every time.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:52 PM   #290
Banned

Yeah I especially love the randoms who do absolutely nothing while my guy is getting double screened by 2 behemoths all game, and then send a message afterwards saying "your guy scored ___ on yo head!!!". No idiot, he scored on yall for not helping vs screen. Classic example of low iq + ignorant arrogance (arrignorance), aka 90% of randoms.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #291
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
That’s sadly what online gaming has become. If you’re not in a party it’s silence.....unless of course you have a bad game then 2 dudes will jump on the mic to call you names. I think it’s just 2k tho cause i play GTA and Red Dead and if i y’all I’ll get a friendly response most the time. 2k just has a toxic community. If you can’t carry guys to 90% win records they want nothing to do with you. 2k has become so competitive people treat it like an actual job. The art of hooping just for fun is dead. That is in part because 2k will not pioneer new matchmaking and differently tiered parks. I should be able to hop on as a pro 1 and play in a park with only pro 1s. I should be able to hop in an all PG park. I should be able to choose so much more than i do now. In real life i can choose who i play with without driving to the gym with my homies

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I blame 2K for creating that environment. Grinding has become a grind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #292
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

It's way more politics in park that should never exist in online gaming. Literally segregated the conundrum with artificial ratings and rankings. I miss the days when people would just fight for the open spot. Rather than refusing to play with someone because of their record/rank. Funny thing is I'm one of maybe 5 people in any given park with a .500 record or better. Pros won't play with me even tho their record is below .500 because I'm amateur 2. You've played over 1000 park games and you're under .500. But you won't play with ME?!
Old 02-13-2019, 07:28 PM   #293
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
It's way more politics in park that should never exist in online gaming. Literally segregated the conundrum with artificial ratings and rankings. I miss the days when people would just fight for the open spot. Rather than refusing to play with someone because of their record/rank. Funny thing is I'm one of maybe 5 people in any given park with a .500 record or better. Pros won't play with me even tho their record is below .500 because I'm amateur 2. You've played over 1000 park games and you're under .500. But you won't play with ME?!
I've played with guys who have bad records but they actually had a decent IQ and knew their roles. I never cared about that. I'll honestly hop on with a 65 overall because I just wanna play.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:35 AM   #294
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
I've played with guys who have bad records but they actually had a decent IQ and knew their roles. I never cared about that. I'll honestly hop on with a 65 overall because I just wanna play.
Lmao... Just joined a Rec lobby. Pure sharp averages 7ppg, a 92 overall, and his record was like 7-35.

The other 3 players looked okay. 2-300 losses with a buck and some change in wins. That means for every 2 losses you might win one. "Okay, so those other 2 games you didn't have me." Is how I see it. Regardless of what position I'm on, I feel I'm going to play that role to the best of my abilities. If I'm point, i try to have a 10 piece in assists with low turn overs. Even with my squad that's really hard and I have a pure playmaker with HOF dimer. If I'm a wing scorer I'll try my best to be open and knock down a 20 piece on efficient shooting. On a good team, i can get 20 on the break with my slashers, with my shot creators I can spot up as well as drive/pull a middie. If I'm big I'll play defense and board. I'll play my role.

But that guy? With HOF badges (I'm assuming he had them since 92 OVR) you REALLY only average 7ppg?

Nah man... A pure sharp who's asleep on his controller could drop 7ppg. Maybe he's got other characters. Maybe he plays big and doesn't shoot a lot. But he's a 92 and out of 40 plus games you're telling me you only won 7 because the other 4 guys? No way. That guy. Right there. That one specific random. He tanks the team. THAT'S the guy this thread was made for.

If he's NOT a troll account...(Okay... I concede that there's people that do this. Create a secondary account, then just purposefully throw up stupid shots and not play defense) There's no way in HELL I can cover that guy's deficiencies. No way. If I was on my 2 way wing, let's say I slide over on the screen for a switch. He's giving up 2-3 points on my man. Guaranteed. Then, on offense, let's say I set him a screen to get him wide, he's going to drive in to the paint when he gets the ball. Maybe he doesn't... You're telling me that even CONTESTED this man only drops 7 a game? I know sharps/stretches that could bust 7 a game with a LOCKDOWN on them for 40 straight games.

Not doing it.

I probably took as much time to write this post as it would have taken for me to sit through that 30 point blow out. Much better time investment.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:40 AM   #295
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Lmao... Just joined a Rec lobby. Pure sharp averages 7ppg, a 92 overall, and his record was like 7-35.

The other 3 players looked okay. 2-300 losses with a buck and some change in wins. That means for every 2 losses you might win one. "Okay, so those other 2 games you didn't have me." Is how I see it. Regardless of what position I'm on, I feel I'm going to play that role to the best of my abilities. If I'm point, i try to have a 10 piece in assists with low turn overs. Even with my squad that's really hard and I have a pure playmaker with HOF dimer. If I'm a wing scorer I'll try my best to be open and knock down a 20 piece on efficient shooting. On a good team, i can get 20 on the break with my slashers, with my shot creators I can spot up as well as drive/pull a middie. If I'm big I'll play defense and board. I'll play my role.

But that guy? With HOF badges (I'm assuming he had them since 92 OVR) you REALLY only average 7ppg?

Nah man... A pure sharp who's asleep on his controller could drop 7ppg. Maybe he's got other characters. Maybe he plays big and doesn't shoot a lot. But he's a 92 and out of 40 plus games you're telling me you only won 7 because the other 4 guys? No way. That guy. Right there. That one specific random. He tanks the team. THAT'S the guy this thread was made for.

If he's NOT a troll account...(Okay... I concede that there's people that do this. Create a secondary account, then just purposefully throw up stupid shots and not play defense) There's no way in HELL I can cover that guy's deficiencies. No way. If I was on my 2 way wing, let's say I slide over on the screen for a switch. He's giving up 2-3 points on my man. Guaranteed. Then, on offense, let's say I set him a screen to get him wide, he's going to drive in to the paint when he gets the ball. Maybe he doesn't... You're telling me that even CONTESTED this man only drops 7 a game? I know sharps/stretches that could bust 7 a game with a LOCKDOWN on them for 40 straight games.

Not doing it.

I probably took as much time to write this post as it would have taken for me to sit through that 30 point blow out. Much better time investment.

Honestly i solo queue rec often and if i see that **** i just use the “join yourself” way out of rec and try anew.

I’m an amateur 3 in rec with 90-65 and i also have only 11 pts per game. But then again i have no Sharp/Stretch
The times i actually have a group to play with, i’m never the first scoring option, so that’s probably why.

I’m more the “i play D and stretch the floor” guy. I get my buckets like that and i’m fine with averaging 11 pts like that.
You could call me the role player of the team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2019, 04:49 PM   #296
MVP

ph33's Arena

Dear Randoms...

I'm just baffled by some people.

I see something like a 10-55 record and these people often show why their record is terrible within the first two minutes. Take two terrible shots in a row and don't play any defense...yet stick around the whole game.

Why do these people keep coming back?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »