Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Floor spacing.....

This is all 2k's fault....all centers should be able to hit 3's at a decent rate, regardless of archetype, this would make users more confident in spacing the floor and taking an open 3. As it currently stands, you have to make a Stretch big to be able to hit the three consistently, which is trash to me.

Most people who make Bigs, ultimately want to have their guys come out like Demarcus Cousins....Not Ryan Anderson. These archetypes are too limited. The lowest a big should be shooting threes is at around 30% from the line in 2017.
Teams arent drafting bigs who arent versatile. The days of the non floor spreading bigs are long and gone. 2k needs to have the archetypes and attrtibutes reflect that as well. Most bigs can step out on the perimeter and hit 1 or 2 3pter's a game without feeling uncomfortable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoTill
I agree. I believe everyone in the community is to blame for this including the OP. I often mute my TV due to the complaining. Sometimes people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to playing the game. We expect every open player to make their shot else the user trash. We expect everyone to defend their man competently even if we have the worst defensive archetypes. We call people who dominate the ball garbage despite the ball-handling user possibly having way better handle ratings the yourself.
Lol wait, so it's being a crybaby/complainer to call out or tell players with horrible basketball iq to try something different? I'm not contributing to "complainign", I'm actually giving you some tips but your ego is in the way (first thing I listed). I wouldn't care if it were 1on1, but people need to realize if you sign up to play 5on5, everyone is trying to win. If you don't like being apart of that team dynamic (and have others communicate things), then maybe multiplayer isn't for you. What you call whining is actually basketball insights you can learn from.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoTill
I agree. I believe everyone in the community is to blame for this including the OP. I often mute my TV due to the complaining. Sometimes people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to playing the game. We expect every open player to make their shot else the user trash. We expect everyone to defend their man competently even if we have the worst defensive archetypes. We call people who dominate the ball garbage despite the ball-handling user possibly having way better handle ratings the yourself.
Nah. I (stupidly) expect:

- To not have 8 or 9 out of 10 games (literally) be played with cocky and mentally impaired bums. I'd be fine with 50% of the games being decent. But literally 90% of the players on here have issues. That suggests a broader problem with the overall community, even if they're randoms.
- People who learn from their mental mistakes and will try something different if the status quo isn't working.
- People who are open to tips or insights instead of labeling it as "complaining" because they're too good for other people's ideas.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:26 PM   #28
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I've been playing almost exclusively with randoms lately, some games are unwinnable but I've still managed to keep my win rate around 70%. Add me sometime I have a bunch of different builds psn: BEasy17
Old 11-21-2017, 02:38 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Floor spacing.....

This is all 2k's fault....all centers should be able to hit 3's at a decent rate, regardless of archetype, this would make users more confident in spacing the floor and taking an open 3. As it currently stands, you have to make a Stretch big to be able to hit the three consistently, which is trash to me.

Most people who make Bigs, ultimately want to have their guys come out like Demarcus Cousins....Not Ryan Anderson. These archetypes are too limited. The lowest a big should be shooting threes is at around 30% from the line in 2017.
Teams arent drafting bigs who arent versatile. The days of the non floor spreading bigs are long and gone. 2k needs to have the archetypes and attrtibutes reflect that as well. Most bigs can step out on the perimeter and hit 1 or 2 3pter's a game without feeling uncomfortable.

Gotta disagree
Stretch Bigs on ProAm walkon stand on top of the key, these people think they are 7"3 RAY ALLEN
Old 11-21-2017, 03:02 AM   #30
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I shoot about 30% with my pure rim protector center when I use him in Pro am from 3. I hate centers that just live in the paint and think they have to be the focal point of the offense. So selfish. Then again that's 98% of people in walk on. Miss one open shot and it's STOP SHOOTING MAN YOU TRASH! But if I make a heavily contested 3 it's GOOD SHOT MAN!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:31 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I shoot about 30% with my pure rim protector center when I use him in Pro am from 3. I hate centers that just live in the paint and think they have to be the focal point of the offense. So selfish. Then again that's 98% of people in walk on. Miss one open shot and it's STOP SHOOTING MAN YOU TRASH! But if I make a heavily contested 3 it's GOOD SHOT MAN!
Yeah I got a Rebounding Finisher 7'3 Center, I didn't even think he could shoot, but lately been making some WIDE open corner 3's lol I'll take it. Good build. Right now working on HOF Putback King and HOF posterizer. So basically... 7'3 SHAQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 1

2K made a lot of decisions that make good play in Walk On really hard:

1) You need better feedback on the floor of what people are good at. You've just been thrown together so there's no way to know that a guy can shoot vs. rebound vs. drive. Random placement also results in a lot of bad archetype mixing, you can have a team where everyone is a non-shooting slasher. Also some archetypes are grossly overpowered if not countered by a similar archetype. If your 7'3 340 pound center is matched up against an AI, the game is basically over if that team is any good.

2) Because of the random seeding of teams, a lot of guys are stuck playing out of position. I have been running recently with my pure lockdown defender PG and have been matched up against rebounding SFs and the like because everyone is either a PG or a center.

3) Teammate grade is the #1 factor for VC, and setting meaningless screens helps boost that. It's why you get a lot of BS screens around the perimeter. Likewise, switching off your man because someone else has blown their coverage, and then seeing your old man hit a 3 because no one rotated KILLS your teammate grade. So does committing a turnover. It encourages selfish play. Hitting 3 assists in a row doesn't even make up for a turnover leading to a score, even if its not your fault. On top of that I routinely see ball-hoggy guys who go 10-28 get A teammate grades because they use so many possessions and don't turn the ball over. Finally, a lot of people are hunting for badges, meaning they do stupid **** because it will get them limitless range or relentless finisher.

I just want to play team ball, I don't give a crap about racking up shots. My primary was a playmaking slashing SG. But many I got put at SF or even PF and I never touched the ball unless someone kicked it to me for an open 3 (and I only have a 75 from there with no badges). These gunner PGs would drive down, do 4 zig zags or drive mindlessly to the rim, when if they'd let me handle the ball, I'd be glad to hit them in the corner with my gold dimer/gold P&R badges and let them rack up points. So I switched to a pure lockdown, thinking I could effect the game without having the ball. This has mostly worked, though the ball handling is SO BAD on this archetype that I'm basically an automatic turnover when another player comes near me and my speed with ball is like a center. And for some reason despite a 90 speed/89 accel I don't feel any faster than most other guys on the court, even a lot of big men, and if I get matched up against an AI there is not much for me to do during the game. Since other people don't know my strengths and weaknesses, I'll get passed the ball on the perimeter and expected to make something off the dribble or shoot, neither of which I can do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »