Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #313
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

This is a serious question.

What do you all like about the mode? I haven't played this much this year, because the current environment of players has really turned me off to the mode. I'm basically a random, but I absolutely HATE spending 20-30 minutes "chasing" a game then I'm stuck with players who want to play hero ball or jack ill-advised 3's for the entire game.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #314
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

What do you all like about the mode? I haven't played this much this year, because the current environment of players has really turned me off to the mode. I'm basically a random, but I absolutely HATE spending 20-30 minutes "chasing" a game then I'm stuck with players who want to play hero ball or jack ill-advised 3's for the entire game.
If I'm playing by myself, it's usually a really bad experience, to be honest. I'm talking 8/10 times.

I usually bring a friend or a few along so if there's a bad random, we can at least kind of neutralize it. But this mode becomes really awful if you're playing with randoms against a coordinated 5 (I have been on both sides). They really should have a no-squad arena, and hopefully with good matchmaking so I'm not playing with some asshat who never gets a team grade higher than a C+
Old 03-14-2019, 11:37 AM   #315
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

Basketball is basketball. I’ll enjoy myself on a b-ball game no matter what. But the 2k environment is simply the worse of any game/ there is no separation of skill and add in that high rated players hunt down easier games.

Imo 2k needs to revamp their ranking system and then have matchmaking that uses this system. If they did that the whole random issue would be mostly fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2019, 01:17 AM   #316
Banned

at least 20 minutes to find a game (either dashboarding over and over or finding 4 teammates) .....or run with trash. These are your options. This system is trash. Oh btw, if you don't have patience and just say screw it I'll play right away, 9x out of 10 you get matched up some tryhard squad (who probably waited 30 min to squad up). Oh and then when your record reflects this process, it will get used against you when trying to find new teammates. My record is positive, but I'd literally have a 95% win% if I didn't run with randoms.

I blame the idiots that keep playing this mode when their win% is 35%, I blame a large part of the 2K community that's low iq and don't care if they stay low iq, and I blame 2K for broken matchmaking and not letting us be able to back out asap like we could with walkon.

The game is ok when it works, when you have decent teammates, but everything surrounding it - the system, the grind -- sucks.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #317
MVP

ph33's Arena

I can't believe how many people try to set useless screens and are also bad at it.

So many people, bigs and wings, just stand there holding a pick on the same side as someone else. Meanwhile, there's nobody spacing the floor.

Nobody is running into your pick, and your pick sucks. "Come set a screen" and the person comes and holds the pick a full yard away from the man they're supposed to screen. Yeah, totally effective.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #318
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I can't believe how many people try to set useless screens and are also bad at it.

So many people, bigs and wings, just stand there holding a pick on the same side as someone else. Meanwhile, there's nobody spacing the floor.

Nobody is running into your pick, and your pick sucks. "Come set a screen" and the person comes and holds the pick a full yard away from the man they're supposed to screen. Yeah, totally effective.

I had a moment a few nights ago where literally all 4 of my teammates were setting up a ball-screen for me as I was about to cross halfcourt. It was basically a giant wall of humanity that gave me no options other than to run into somebody, either teammate or defender. Thankfully, two of them must have realized how stupid we all looked and cut to the basket. But even then, I'm not going to be able to throw a chest pass from halfcourt to someone in the lane when all 10 people on the court are essentially standing in a straight line with each other. It did at least give me the space to dribble over to the wing and pass it off though.

It only happened that one time (although I still had to deal with at least one of them constantly trying to set ball screens on every possession), but I don't think I've ever had a bigger throw-my-hands-in-air moment playing Rec than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »