Home

Dear Randoms...

This is a discussion on Dear Randoms... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:07 AM   #49
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dear Randoms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
1) You need better feedback on the floor of what people are good at. You've just been thrown together so there's no way to know that a guy can shoot vs. rebound vs. drive. Random placement also results in a lot of bad archetype mixing, you can have a team where everyone is a non-shooting slasher. Also some archetypes are grossly overpowered if not countered by a similar archetype. If your 7'3 340 pound center is matched up against an AI, the game is basically over if that team is any good.
Agree so much on this. I dont get why 2k tells me what my opponent is good at but doesnt tell me what my teammates can do on the floor. It should be 100% the other way around. Tell me what my teammates are good at so I can utilize them correctly. Thats even much more important for my ai teammates. And instead let me find what my opponent is good at, way more fun. They way it works now I know exactly where my opponents weaknesses are before the ball has even been tipped off.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieK76
I'd love to see a record for your player listed as

record with a squad and record non-squad...

I can guarantee my record with my normal squad is close to a .700 clip and with randoms it's not even close....

Last night I ran pro-am with my son, 2 randoms and an AI. I shout 8-12 4-6 from 3pt. The guy I was guarding only scored 8 points and my son while he had 4 turnovers had 13 asssists and the guy he was guarding scored 10 points but it was our fault we lost....

Our center had a D allowed 38 points and his guy has 17 rebounds while he only grabbed 9....The small forward we had allowed 31 points and took a shot when we were up 1 with 18 seconds left and no shot clock left and we ended up losing by 2 because of his shot...
Hear ya. Randoms have screwed up my record so much But also, depending on matchups, to me if someone is getting destroyed some of the blame has to go to the team as a whole for not helping out the other player who's getting owned. My strategy is make someone else beat you if one matchup is being abused. Guys don't double team and rotate enough in walkon.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
Hear ya. Randoms have screwed up my record so much But also, depending on matchups, to me if someone is getting destroyed some of the blame has to go to the team as a whole for not helping out the other player who's getting owned. My strategy is make someone else beat you if one matchup is being abused. Guys don't double team and rotate enough in walkon.

That goes back to what I was saying before. If you double/rotate they swing to your man and he hits a shot, you get nailed for 'defensive breakdown' and possibly 'leaving assignment', even if you just picked up a guy driving for an uncontested dunk. It only works if everyone rotates, the chances of which happening in walk on are roughly .01%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #52
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
I don't think half of the point guards I run with in walk on even know how to change defensive match ups. And like Erithtotl said as soon as you decided to double who ever is scoring all the points, he'll just throw the ball to your guy and your teammates wont even step up half the time. It can be really frustrating.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #53
Negative Vibe Merchant

pilonv1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
That goes back to what I was saying before. If you double/rotate they swing to your man and he hits a shot, you get nailed for 'defensive breakdown' and possibly 'leaving assignment', even if you just picked up a guy driving for an uncontested dunk. It only works if everyone rotates, the chances of which happening in walk on are roughly .01%
As a rim protecting big man, I get this penalty all the time. It drives me insane, the fact I'm rotating to challenge the shot should be rewarded, or at least negate the leaving man penalty.

The whole system just encourages dribble gods and deep threes after zigzaging. Needs to be reworked from the ground up.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I get why it's in the game. Some players really need an arrow telling them who to guard instead of just remembering who it is? lol.
"Leaving assignment" + "who to guard" arrow is a double edged sword. It helps the super noobs but if more experienced players want to play team defense, it penalizes them and makes your teammates behave like robots who are afraid to leave their assignment and who can only follow an arrow instead of reading and reacting to the action (team defense) on the court.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #55
Banned

Camera angle makes all the difference man. One guy played like a noob and then I told him to use 2k cam and his play was 10x better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 05:29 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Pet peeves for me as a Center:

-People passing me the ball as I’m running into traffic or setting screens on the perimeter. I probably have about 2.5 to 3 TOs a game and I’d say 70% of them is when I’m passed the ball as I run into a guy and instantly drop it or bounce pass it into a guy’s stomach as I’m trying to set a screen. The rest are missed break starters or when I get ripped coming down with a board.
-Smalls setting screens for each other on the perimeter instead of spacing. I’m a Two-way Rebounder with HoF Brick Wall and it’s annoying when I can’t set a screen because 2 smalls are trying to screen for the other small. I don’t exactly have a diverse offensive game with my build and I prefer to set screens and roll for easy looks or rebounds. Plus it leaves some space in the paint for everyone else to play with.
-Shooters running into the paint after a shot goes up for that tiny chance at getting the board. I like to kick out on offensive boards and it sucks when there’s no one on the outside to pass to. Plus if your matchup leaks out and the other team gets the ball, it’s an easy bucket in transition.
-Guys bailing out low percentage drives with fouls. I swear I’d have double the blocks I do if guys wouldn’t jump on homie’s back when he’s already penetrated. I can’t count how many times I’ve rotated just waiting for the driver and heard that sweet sound of my hand on the ball only to hear the whistle a second later.
I play exclusively Center (in R/L back in the day and in game) and adding to this are the guards that all crash the offensive basket every single time, with zero chance of getting a board, and opposing team is running lay up drills. Its so bad that, i as rebounding / def center have to end up staying top of screen and set screens and dont crash so i can be back on defense quick as no one else will ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »