Home

New roster update - still no badge updates since realease of 2k17

This is a discussion on New roster update - still no badge updates since realease of 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
New roster update - still no badge updates since realease of 2k17

Still no badge updates? Can anyone with any kind of social media pull let them know that badges are way more important than ratings in their game. They haven't been updated since the release of 2k17.

The two Celtics wings, who are playing like possibly the best wing duo in the league at the moment, have one bronze badge between the two of them, Eric Gordon still has nothing but personality badges, everyone's beloved roco, who has been shooting lights out, is not getting any shooting badges anytime soon, Porzingis should have midrange deadeye, difficult shots etc in gold, and Andre Roberson, who is a starter for contending team despite not being able to make anything but a practice dunk on offense, has "putback king" as the badge that defines him, not gold defensive stopper, pick dogder, pick pocket. Meanwhile the opposite is true where 2/3s of Cavs' roster is sporting 10s of badges because of the players they once were, and are all still capable of playing like all stars in 2k18 despite their ratings dropping.

Let me repeat this again, badges impact gameplay SIGNIFICANTLY more than ratings, same goes for hot/cold zones (in case you're wondering why you can't make a shot with Aaron Gordon, despite him having a carrer year from 3, it's because he has coldspots all over the 3point line, reflecting his shooting from LAST SEASON, but impacting it severely for the current game) and they haven't been updated SINCE the release of 2k17. Please 2k, please anyone who can let them know, this needs to happen for the next update!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: New roster update - still no badge updates since realease of 2k17

I agree with everything you said. But badges are boost to ratings and areas of the floor.

Just to add to your list. No way in hell should Jokic not have one passing badges.

I know users are going to say KAT needs to lose his badges. They been out of date for 2 season now.

But I think the reasoning we will going hear is that it's too small of a sample size right now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
Pro

Vroman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I agree with everything you said. But badges are boost to ratings and areas of the floor.

Just to add to your list. No way in hell should Jokic not have one passing badges.

I know users are going to say KAT needs to lose his badges. They been out of date for 2 season now.

But I think the reasoning we will going hear is that it's too small of a sample size right now.

But even for the post 2016-2017 regular season badges are WAY off . AL Jefferson still rocks as premier post beast with 5 gold badges .
Old 11-15-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Agree with both of you, I could probably provide over a hundred example of players that should have badges that they simply don't have.

And to clarify, it's not JUST the rookies that are missing badges either.

Since badges have such a crucial impact on overall game play, this really should be corrected.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
But even for the post 2016-2017 regular season badges are WAY off . AL Jefferson still rocks as premier post beast with 5 gold badges .
That's why I brought up KAT. I was being nice.

But I have a question for you guys. I think ratings are one thing. But badges,...... When should a player lose it. Know what I'm saying. This is a very stupid example. But should Wizards Jordan lose his badges. Or badges a career thing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 01:55 PM   #6
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:

But I have a question for you guys. I think ratings are one thing. But badges,...... When should a player lose it. Know what I'm saying. This is a very stupid example. But should Wizards Jordan lose his badges. Or badges a career thing.

Ofc wizards Jordan should have less badges than prime time. Badges are as integral part of player's abilities as ratings, so if player's performance drop/increase so should badges.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

IMO beds should just get rid of the badges for the whole league. Save the man some headache and just adjust ratings and tendencies accordingly. Thats just me though lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #8
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah this def a legit issue. Also, I don't understand the purpose of some of the badges. For example, midrange deadeye... shouldn't it be the same thing as the contested midrange rating? I like the idea of some of the badges where it covers a more specific instance than ratings but don't understand the badges that directly overlap with ratings.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »