Home

CPU Timeouts

This is a discussion on CPU Timeouts within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #33
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CPU Timeouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
Did this every get addressed?
Nope

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2018, 02:05 AM   #34
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Nope

What I have started doing is switchin over to the CPU to call TO for them, when they should be calling a TO, then I switch back to my team. I thought you needed a 2nd controller to do this, but you dont. Also for those who are concerned about not getting your VC doing this, you still get your VC, so it dont effect that for those who use VC. It didnt matter to me, as i dont place online or MP, but I noticed I was still getting VC.

Sadly we shouldnt have to do this, as its the devs who should have fixed it, but atleast there is a work around.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #35
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
What I have started doing is switchin over to the CPU to call TO for them, when they should be calling a TO, then I switch back to my team. I thought you needed a 2nd controller to do this, but you dont. Also for those who are concerned about not getting your VC doing this, you still get your VC, so it dont effect that for those who use VC. It didnt matter to me, as i dont place online or MP, but I noticed I was still getting VC.

Sadly we shouldnt have to do this, as its the devs who should have fixed it, but atleast there is a work around.
Oh? You mean you switch sides for a moment and then go back ?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #36
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

Blow out the CPU by 10 or more points, they will call timeouts, trust me. I know.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #37
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Oh? You mean you switch sides for a moment and then go back ?

Yep. Its unfortunate we have to use a work around to get the CPU to call timeouts, but if you dont use advanced rotations due to the CPU not pulling players in foul trouble, then you have to do this if you want the CPU to call TO's. I like the advance rotation option, becaue the CPU will call TO, but do to the issue with them not pulling players in fouls trouble, its basically useless.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-23-2018, 11:01 AM   #38
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Yep. Its unfortunate we have to use a work around to get the CPU to call timeouts, but if you dont use advanced rotations due to the CPU not pulling players in foul trouble, then you have to do this if you want the CPU to call TO's. I like the advance rotation option, becaue the CPU will call TO, but do to the issue with them not pulling players in fouls trouble, its basically useless.
It's super sad we have to do this. Considering it wasn't a problem on past 2k games. Or was it??

Old 01-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #39
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
It's super sad we have to do this. Considering it wasn't a problem on past 2k games. Or was it??

This is the 1st yr, of the lack of timeout issues in the game. Past yrs, the CPU called them, but it was a scripted feeling, like you knew the exact time they would call one, especially in the 1st qtr, and typically right after you called a timeout,lol.
Its amazing with some of the amazing things the devs do, that they cant get a simple timeout right, along with not being able to get the CPU to manage foul trouble properly.
Odd thing is, there was a time when they did get the CPU managing foul trouble right. I think it was NBA2k14, maybe 13, when they started screwing this up. Seems to also coincide with them fixing the issue, with the CPU playing every player on the bench atleast 1 minute basically every game, but a large part of that issue, was there was a issue with simmed games having to many fouls. So I think thats where it messed up things. Just so happen now for the past few yrs, we see a lack of fouls in the simmed games.
Honestly NBA2k18 is likley my last basketball game, unless they start fixing this stuff and improving offline modes. They are more concerned with online, especially now with this Esports stuff, so Im sure the offline modes namely ML and MyGM are going to get even less attention.
For all thethings the devs get right with NBA2k each yr, its stuff like this Im just sick and tired of, especially when a issue is still a issue every freaking yr with the game.
Its one thing for a game to have issues, or even a issue that dont end up getting fixed that yr, but to continue to ignore it yr after yr, is unexceptable. Im just afraid with this whole Esports online crap, that its going to get even worse, with the lack of focus of the offline modes. I got a feeling, within a few yrs this is going to be the route all sports games take. Im starting to see MLBTS take focus off of offline Franchise mode, which is what made that company, well that and MLB2k sucking horribly,every yr These are the only 2 console games I play, so I got a feeling my video gaming days might be coming to a end after all these yrs. OOTP baseball make a amazing text sim, and Wolverine studios does a solid job of making text sim basketball games, for both college and pro. They also make a college football game too which is solid as well. I guess all good things must come to a end at some point.
Considering I was born before there was even a Atari, I have to say, sports games have come a long way. But it is a business, and nowdays, with the lazy people we have in this world, they would rather sit in front of a TV and play sports instead of actually playing the real thing. And these sports gaming companies are a business and they are going to profit catering to this generation of kids, and young adults. Its just smart business, so I get it, so I cant really blame them, for it really. I kind of saw this coming a couple yrs ago, and thought about giving up gaming last yr, but decided to give it 1 more go with NBA2k. Maybe these sports companies will prove me wrong, and offline modes will improve, but I tend to think these little issues, will likely get even worse as the online play takes off with the Esports stuff.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-23-2018, 05:03 PM   #40
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
This is the 1st yr, of the lack of timeout issues in the game. Past yrs, the CPU called them, but it was a scripted feeling, like you knew the exact time they would call one, especially in the 1st qtr, and typically right after you called a timeout,lol.
Its amazing with some of the amazing things the devs do, that they cant get a simple timeout right, along with not being able to get the CPU to manage foul trouble properly.
Odd thing is, there was a time when they did get the CPU managing foul trouble right. I think it was NBA2k14, maybe 13, when they started screwing this up. Seems to also coincide with them fixing the issue, with the CPU playing every player on the bench atleast 1 minute basically every game, but a large part of that issue, was there was a issue with simmed games having to many fouls. So I think thats where it messed up things. Just so happen now for the past few yrs, we see a lack of fouls in the simmed games.
Honestly NBA2k18 is likley my last basketball game, unless they start fixing this stuff and improving offline modes. They are more concerned with online, especially now with this Esports stuff, so Im sure the offline modes namely ML and MyGM are going to get even less attention.
For all thethings the devs get right with NBA2k each yr, its stuff like this Im just sick and tired of, especially when a issue is still a issue every freaking yr with the game.
Its one thing for a game to have issues, or even a issue that dont end up getting fixed that yr, but to continue to ignore it yr after yr, is unexceptable. Im just afraid with this whole Esports online crap, that its going to get even worse, with the lack of focus of the offline modes. I got a feeling, within a few yrs this is going to be the route all sports games take. Im starting to see MLBTS take focus off of offline Franchise mode, which is what made that company, well that and MLB2k sucking horribly,every yr These are the only 2 console games I play, so I got a feeling my video gaming days might be coming to a end after all these yrs. OOTP baseball make a amazing text sim, and Wolverine studios does a solid job of making text sim basketball games, for both college and pro. They also make a college football game too which is solid as well. I guess all good things must come to a end at some point.
Considering I was born before there was even a Atari, I have to say, sports games have come a long way. But it is a business, and nowdays, with the lazy people we have in this world, they would rather sit in front of a TV and play sports instead of actually playing the real thing. And these sports gaming companies are a business and they are going to profit catering to this generation of kids, and young adults. Its just smart business, so I get it, so I cant really blame them, for it really. I kind of saw this coming a couple yrs ago, and thought about giving up gaming last yr, but decided to give it 1 more go with NBA2k. Maybe these sports companies will prove me wrong, and offline modes will improve, but I tend to think these little issues, will likely get even worse as the online play takes off with the Esports stuff.
Agree. Great response

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »