Home

So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers?

This is a discussion on So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2017, 06:18 AM   #9
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers?

Offensive rebounding is completely OP for the AI this year, and playing any sort of defense in the paint is next to impossible.

Once the AI gets the ball deep, they’re scoring every time like you’re not even in the same arena. Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-22-2017, 06:58 AM   #10
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

Pretty much

But don’t let a CPU double team even come 3 feet within you or you are in trouble

Old 11-22-2017, 07:02 AM   #11
Banned

Housh123's Arena

So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I think what you're missing is first of all in a video game the visuals are not or can not be always what you think and see it is. Visuals can't always represent what's going on under the hood with math and 0 and 1s, and that clipping is not an issue as long as the feel and the right input at the right time makes the right consequence.

Second of all especially in the first example of yours, it's not a good defense it's 'cheese' you're trying to. It's not basketball it's now even a discussion that you should get rewarded by playing that way. Come on.

Third of all the bigger picture you're missing there is not about defense but offense because the offensive guy should change the ball to his other hand if someone is trying to make a traffic accident happen in there from that side right?

So don't get me wrong it's not personal those comments i made believe me for sure, just trying to explain and try others to be able to see in another perspective and which i think is the right way to look at these situations.

I’m cool with this explanation that getting steals like that is cheese and not real basketball but Iv always said 2k is a VIDEO game and not real ball. So to me that isn’t cheese. Also you giving 2k the credit of not rewarding “cheese” means nothing when the CPU is doing the same thing to the user on the other end. Nobody would play like that in real real life of course. But who in real life is running a double screen limitless range 3pt offense? Who in real life is sitting in one spot in the paint then dunking for 20 ppg?

You cant down someone for playing this game in a non real life fashion like this is a sim game or something. Especially when he’s only doing what the CPU does.

Last edited by Housh123; 11-22-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 07:28 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I think what you're missing is first of all in a video game the visuals are not or can not be always what you think and see it is. Visuals can't always represent what's going on under the hood with math and 0 and 1s, and that clipping is not an issue as long as the feel and the right input at the right time makes the right consequence.

Second of all especially in the first example of yours, it's not a good defense it's 'cheese' you're trying to. It's not basketball it's now even a discussion that you should get rewarded by playing that way. Come on.

Third of all the bigger picture you're missing there is not about defense but offense because the offensive guy should change the ball to his other hand if someone is trying to make a traffic accident happen in there from that side right?

So don't get me wrong it's not personal those comments i made believe me for sure, just trying to explain and try others to be able to see in another perspective and which i think is the right way to look at these situations.
The problem, is that the ball just isn't in play for the user when it's in the CPU's hands (I play HoF too). He can be standing there in an open stance just bouncing the ball without a care in the world, and myplayer will be swiping his hands through it constantly until he just decides to smash into him for no reason.

I'm averaging 7 turnovers a game on my pure playmaker save, because anytime the cpu breathes in his direction, the ball comes flying out, and myplayer is stuck in a dying animation that I can't get out of until the cpu picks it up.

You can't play good defense and be rewarded in 2k18. You stay in front of your man and the cpu just pushes you back into the paint by running into you.

2k17 HoF CPU took a step in the right direction, by removing much of the insanity of previous versions, but it was too easy, this year is back to full on madness, and they've done it without providing an XP or VC modifier for dealing with it

I still beat it pretty easily and I have to play on this difficulty setting because it's just way too easy otherwise.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:11 AM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

First off, Yes, offensive rebounding in this game is just ridiculous. 100% agree.

I do agree with atamans post though.

The strategy of running into the ball like that is rewarded most of the time In H2H, which I dont take issue with since the opposing user can make a conscience decision to switch hands or protect the ball...

Against the CPU....if you jarred the ball loose everytime you ran into it like you're doing it'd be madness. It cant make the snap judgement a user can in that situation....so I get why its happening.

but more on topic- I find that the ball becomes a lot more tangible when simply holding LT/cutting off defensively. I absolutely hated when the CPU would dribble in a crowd, I'd hit steal and get a foul every time....LT will make them drop the ball. I probably get 6-7 steals a game using this...and that's from not 'cheesing it', lol
Old 11-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #14
Rookie

I think this was an answer of steal spamming for users in online settings. I agree that it is jarring for a video game as realistic as 2K to have this situation when trying to emulate real life basketball

https://www.twitch.tv/orlandotill

Protesting PNO
MTU

PSN: OrlandoTill
Old 11-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #15
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Put user ball security in 50 and cpu ball security on 0 if you're on hall of fame and thank me later...0 ball security doesn't cause a turnover off every little bump but it has balanced out cpu turnovers for me. Got the idea from someone else in the forums, seems that the cpu moves the ball around more on the perimeter with ball security at 0 as well

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #16
Rookie

well, this is what happens when 2k decides to not allow us to steal the ball when pressing X. They need to patch in user steals and patch rebounding and Get rid of the backboard animations that happen passing near or trying to finish at the rim. NO ONE IN THE NBA MISSES as much as they make you do in nba 2k18 near the rim with these phantom backboard animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »