Home

So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers?

This is a discussion on So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers?

Because this is literally the impression that I'm getting after about 2 months of playing this game. The CPU seems to not lose the ball regardless of the amount of pressure you put on them. You can't pressure the CPU up court because the clipping is so bad this year that they will just glitch through your body. Double teams in the post are utterly useless as well. And of course I'm exaggerating when I use the word "impossible" because I have knocked the ball loose but more often than not whenever I put the CPU in situations where the ball should logically come loose it doesn't.

Combine the clipping with the cheap offensive rebounding (and they seem to go hand in hand as well) and you get a real frustrating experience offline.

This stuff makes me feel that I can't actually lock up the CPU or put the clamps on them this year. You have to resort to trying to outscore them and hoping they miss shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
Pro

Re: So It's Pretty Much Impossible To Pressure The CPU And Force Turnovers?

That and 90% of double teams end in a jump ball

SMH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Because this is literally the impression that I'm getting after about 2 months of playing this game. The CPU seems to not lose the ball regardless of the amount of pressure you put on them. You can't pressure the CPU up court because the clipping is so bad this year that they will just glitch through your body. Double teams in the post are utterly useless as well. And of course I'm exaggerating when I use the word "impossible" because I have knocked the ball loose but more often than not whenever I put the CPU in situations where the ball should logically come loose it doesn't.

Combine the clipping with the cheap offensive rebounding (and they seem to go hand in hand as well) and you get a real frustrating experience offline.

This stuff makes me feel that I can't actually lock up the CPU or put the clamps on them this year. You have to resort to trying to outscore them and hoping they miss shots.
Have you tinkered with ball security and body up sensitivity?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Yea it's annoying as hell but nothing new. I've seen this since 2K14 in every my career mode but it rarely happens to me if I'm playing a human. I've learned to just rage quit than to go through multiple controllers like I did when I was younger lol.

What mode and difficulty was this on? Looks like you're playing with classic or all time teams based on the different length shorts each team has.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke
Have you tinkered with ball security and body up sensitivity?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
Yea it's annoying as hell but nothing new. I've seen this since 2K14 in every my career mode but it rarely happens to me if I'm playing a human. I've learned to just rage quit than to go through multiple controllers like I did when I was younger lol.

What mode and difficulty was this on? Looks like you're playing with classic or all time teams based on the different length shorts each team has.

First clip is MyPlayer mode Hall of Fame.

2nd clip is a MyTeam Moments Challenge on All-Star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
First clip is MyPlayer mode Hall of Fame.

2nd clip is a MyTeam Moments Challenge on All-Star.
Hall of fame in the first clip explains it. I believe ball control is increased for the cpu while yours is decreased to 30. By how much in favor of the cpu I can't recall. And that goes for nearly every attribute on the sliders when you increase the difficulty. It's a cheap way to give you a challenge, but whatever.

Offensive rebounding has been nearly officially broken in the game.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:24 AM   #7
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

try to go the other way not toward the opponent, with R stick of course.
like trying to get in front of them while backpedaling.

it did help. a little....

Last edited by sudanmalkovich; 11-22-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:51 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

I think what you're missing is first of all in a video game the visuals are not or can not be always what you think and see it is. Visuals can't always represent what's going on under the hood with math and 0 and 1s, and that clipping is not an issue as long as the feel and the right input at the right time makes the right consequence.

Second of all especially in the first example of yours, it's not a good defense it's 'cheese' you're trying to. It's not basketball it's now even a discussion that you should get rewarded by playing that way. Come on.

Third of all the bigger picture you're missing there is not about defense but offense because the offensive guy should change the ball to his other hand if someone is trying to make a traffic accident happen in there from that side right?

So don't get me wrong it's not personal those comments i made believe me for sure, just trying to explain and try others to be able to see in another perspective and which i think is the right way to look at these situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »