Home

Which defensive slider if any can help with being able to always blow by the cpu d

This is a discussion on Which defensive slider if any can help with being able to always blow by the cpu d within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Which defensive slider if any can help with being able to always blow by the cpu d

I play on hof, defensive awareness at 100 as well as consistency. I have the lateral quickness at 100 for the cpu and mine at 25. It still seems a little to easy to drive right by the cpu. Other than that its the best 2k game to date, offline franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2017, 07:50 PM   #2
kac
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Which defensive slider if any can help with being able to always blow by the cpu

I'm not being sarcastic but I must really suck because your not the first person to complain about this and I'm constantly getting my butt handed to me in my league.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-25-2017, 09:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Which defensive slider if any can help with being able to always blow by the cpu

There isn't one. Some guys on the NLSC forum have been testing this with no luck. You can more or less straight line drive to the hole 100% of the time with practically any player should you choose to. I think they've found a slider combination to greatly improve AI help defence though, which can partly alleviate the problem.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought that adjusting Body Up Sensitivity in the sliders may adjust the animations and how easy it is to drive and for an animation to activate when trying to drive by a defender. I dont know whether you adjust it for user or cpu thou.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #5
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
I thought that adjusting Body Up Sensitivity in the sliders may adjust the animations and how easy it is to drive and for an animation to activate when trying to drive by a defender. I dont know whether you adjust it for user or cpu thou.
I’ll try raising the body up sensitivity. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
I️ am testing this literally right now. I️ have noticed no real difference in the ability to be able to blow by a defender, regardless of sliders. I have everything except for the movement speed sliders and foul sliders at 50. I’m in a scrimmage with the Sixers, attempting to blow by Justin Anderson with Robert Covington from the left or right break. I️ should not be able to consistently blow by Anderson according to their respective attributes. However, after 30 tries (10 apiece) with both at 0, both at 100, and User at 0 and CPU at 100, I’ve noticed no distinct difference. I️ have triggered an animation 8 or 9 times out of 10 with each slider set, and have only had my progress toward the rim completely halted as a result of an animation twice while both were at 100. But from my understanding, the Body-Up Sensitivity slider is supposed to determine the frequency of animations triggering, not the success rate of the animation going your way. That would be determined by speed, strength, lateral quickness, on-ball IQ, ball handling and security, etc. But the frequency of animations has not changed throughout my tests.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:23 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 14

Didn't see it mentioned but on ball defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »