Home

Post fadeaway sucks

This is a discussion on Post fadeaway sucks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #41
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Post fadeaway sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
At 39 the real Dirk can still engage in the post and immediately pull on one leg. I've watched him since I was a kid. He had an up and under game earlier in his career, but that's too much on his legs these days. He only posts about 3-4 times a game if that. He doesn't back down anymore but maybe for a dribble IF THAT. The entire purpose of the one legger is to post and immediately pick a shoulder. And in the walk on or team anything else is too long.

I'm sorry you only play one game mode, I understand you're a pno person. But sitting here preaching balance in the most unbalanced version of 2k in a decade is utterly ignorant. It's actually offensive. You have zero context in every single thread because you play ONE game mode.

The beauty of the my park and pro am is we get to truly maximize and understand the potential of ONE player. If said player doesn't do the one or two things you designed him for, you move on.

I have a character of each position all specializing in one game mechanic and hopefully adding a second to an extent because it's of lesser effect.

If I make a player who is post first in an environment where I have less than a second to make a decision or risk a turn over you bet your *** imma be salty if my specialty isn't as effective as I need it to be.

My sole purpose of that character was catch on elbow, post fade, hopefully I can still spread the floor if I'm left open and shoot at a high clip.

Not only does post fade from 17 feet use your mid-range rating instead of post fade, but it's also weighted like a jumper. And a GOOD release with minimal coverage I will brick almost every time. That's a bad investment. That's a faulty game mechanic. Maybe you're right, maybe it's better in YOUR mode. But I'm not claiming I need to make ever one like a sharp expects. I just want to be reliable.

The 3 shouldn't be the only way to score efficiently in this game. My slasher they just have to play off since I can't shoot. My playmaker can't finish, my shot creator doesn't hit pull ups like he used to and my post scorer can't shoot fades. I wasted a lot if time and effort trying to counter shooters and play the game the way I want to. But nothing is as efficient as shooting and that's a problem.

If we keep "balancing" everyone but the shooters we might as well have no archetypes at all in the my career mode. Nothing performs like they do. Sorry I wish my paying money had anything to do with my game experience I prefer.
You just wrapped it up for me. Thank you!....

I play one mode... I play the most important mode in the WHOLE GAME. It's bases of every mode in the game lol.... Nice attack...lol.... But do you understand what you just said. Because I play one mode I have no clue about the game lol. Thank you!!

This is why I don't play well with these kind of "MY" guys.... The disrespect for the overall product dumbfounds me.

One of the biggest problem with "MY" is that your playing with other humans. The sliders are a little different from my PNO. When you get the ball in the post. You got 5 guys trying to make a steal on you (that why the best post up guys play 2 on 2 only lol). Most of the time your playing with guys that don't give up the ball because they are all about "MY" aka me..me..me.

Now I'd chill out with the Attack on "MY mode" because we are talking about the same thing. I'm sure the sliders might be a little different. Like a little.... But there is no reason for you to dismisses me LMAO.

But because you brought up balance in 2 threads. Let me try to explain myself to and anyone else that doesn't understand what I mean. The basic reason I bring it up all the time. Is because we are playing each other. We're not playing offline vs the CPU. We are playing each other. In real life because I'm a big man I've always been a post up player. I love to shoot hook shots and fade away... Those are my go to moves. Most defenders can't stop. In real life there are so many variables. In a video game they can list them out on a chalk board. But because what happens with humans is that they will keep going to it because it's unstoppable (in real life). But in a video game. That gets boring defending that. So you have to give the defender some tools to stop it. You just can't have the guy shooting fade away all game. Because no one wants to play a game like that. It's one thing to say I can keep doing the move in real life. But in a video game there are only 8 buttons and analog.

You know what.... I don't need this actually. It's Friday. I'm having a AFC-NFC party this weekend. I'll take my happiness there. Post like the above have no place here. TURNED OFF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #42
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I honestly see both sides of the argument. Its hared to tell a person they should HAVE to be patient or strategic in the post when there are players that just run to the restricted area and trigger posterizers or hang out 5 feet beyond the three point line and wait for a slither of daylight and hit with consistency.
Yea I can totally see that too. Especially if you went grinding hard for it. And spent good money. Yup... It's why I don't play those MY modes.

But his tone of you don't play. You don't know anything. Yeah, not cool.

Because you know I remember when everyone applied the skyhook to their player. And everyone was doing the Kareem hook. It spread like wild fire. And then they nerfed it. Because of the same reasons I mentioned above.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #43
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I honestly see both sides of the argument. Its hared to tell a person they should HAVE to be patient or strategic in the post when there are players that just run to the restricted area and trigger posterizers or hang out 5 feet beyond the three point line and wait for a slither of daylight and hit with consistency.
Preach brother lol

What Jeebs is saying is true though . For example, in pro am I don’t post up back down and then post fade . That’s too obvious . I’ll do a post drive , stop on a dime and post fade the other way . Try that . It’s nice .

We do have to strategize man. It sucks sometimes compared to some of the other builds that can just throw up anything and have a good chance of scoring . but it’s not the end of the world .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 2

Perhaps the real problem here is not the low % of post shoots going in, but the high % of other kind of shoots (3pts for instance), especially in ProAm trim where, in my experience, Post scorers are useless compared to rebounders or sharpshooters...

Cheers!

Last edited by Guard-ian; 01-19-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Really to get the post fadeaway popping you have to start out post spinning or post driving to the basket. The defender will likely back up anticipating you going towards the rim, then it's a matter of doing a post stepback away from the defender. The thing is, the defender (User) HAS to bite to a side if you're dominating them with post spins, drives, or dropsteps
Sadly, this method (demonstrated in the video below from 2:20 to 3:30) is the only way I've seen to consistently generate enough space for "open" or "wide open" post fades this year against a human-controlled defender:

Quote:
Not only does post fade from 17 feet use your mid-range rating instead of post fade, but it's also weighted like a jumper. And a GOOD release with minimal coverage I will brick almost every time. That's a bad investment. That's a faulty game mechanic.
Even if you're really good at creating "open" and "wide open" coverage with that "spin inside, fade outside" move, you still have to worry about the fade animation carrying your character too far away from the basket. Because as you noted in your quote above, any post fadeaway that's taken from further than 15 feet tends to be a "white" meter shot with a low success rate.

Quote:
If they let the CPU guard you, just shimmy twice quickly (THE CPU always disengages off you) then do whatever you want with an open or wide open look.
You don't even need to shimmy or spin against the CPU to get "open" and "wide open" shot coverage against them. All you have to do is take one dribble into their body, and then go right into your fadeaway to get an easy "green" 90% of the time as long as your fade animation keeps you within the magical 15 feet range and your post fade rating is an 80 or above.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-19-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #46
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Preach brother lol

What Jeebs is saying is true though . For example, in pro am I don’t post up back down and then post fade . That’s too obvious . I’ll do a post drive , stop on a dime and post fade the other way . Try that . It’s nice .

We do have to strategize man. It sucks sometimes compared to some of the other builds that can just throw up anything and have a good chance of scoring . but it’s not the end of the world .
I think hardest thing about the post is the human aspect. When you back down a human and then another human comes over and tries to steal the ball from you. That's why I think the below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Perhaps the real problem here is not the low % of post shoots going in, but the high % of other kind of shoots (3pts for instance), especially in ProAm trim where, in my experience, Post scorers are useless compared to rebounders or sharpshooters...

Cheers!
Yup it's like what Smak said. The % are just lower for the post guys. I think 2k see the paint as a place where only the really really patient and skilled want to play. And that's not told to you in the beginning. But once you get out there. You feel as though you worked really hard on your player and this other guy is getting "easy points". If the paint were as wild as the outside. It be crazy unbalanced.

The other thing is I don't think people understand you can run a lot of things out of the post. Espeically off ball screens getting players wide open. Pick and roll isn't the only thing a big does. I'm always shocked when I don't see user run splits action once the ball is dumped down low. You can easily get buckets off cuts. But users don't think about this stuff. It's kind of sad.

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-19-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:56 AM   #47
Rookie

james_baller_84's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel you need to exploit mismatches in the post this year to be effective
Old 01-21-2018, 07:36 AM   #48
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Post fadeaway sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You have to get open first. You can't just turn around and get a fade away to go down. It doesn't work like that.

I mean... it sometimes definitely does work like that.

Ask Dirk, ask Kobe, ask Jordan. Hell, ask Shaun Livingston. Just a few examples of guys who consistently can hit the turn around fadeaway jumper with a dude in their grill.

They create just enough space to get that shot to fall because of their skill set. I’m not saying every player should be able to do it, but certain guys have that in their arsenal to get buckets.

I have absolutely no problem hitting fades in this game against the CPU, but to say “it doesn’t work like that” is completely inaccurate

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »