Home

What 2k considers "good contests"

This is a discussion on What 2k considers "good contests" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2017, 06:57 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What 2k considers "good contests"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm over them making it easier and easier for guys to score man...Guys are attempting & droppng layups left and right in PNO as it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Whatever they did to change game has random lag after momentum plays insteas of timeouts (coding), and shooting has been broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
This is why reading this is so frustrating. When I watch the play of users online even offline. People abuse the paint like nuts. And we're in a thread trying open up the paint. The right play here would of been to kick it out to the corner to the WIDE OPEN player. Yes Harden can make this layup. But there is a one percent chance because defender's are in the area. He misses. People should be looking for the best shot possible. In this situation he got the second best shot.

This is why I repeat. Every choice is not automatic. And never should be. I think people need to look at this game as. I have to get my team in the best position to win. The only thing that is perfect in this game. Is a green release. And even that you have to work really hard for.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I have to spam euro steps and spins into paint now. Plays for 3s are useless befause shooting has been broken.

Plays in general are less effective because players are not worried about open shots.

HAve used same team all year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 07:02 AM   #26
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Dribble Rea
he showed one clip, he also said in the video that this happens every game, which I agree with him it happens multiple times a game just playing against the computer on HOF. For me it has killed my enjoyment of the game totally. They had this **** fixed in 2k17, I dont know why they went back
I'm sure they had a meeting just like this. They don't change things just because.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Floaters are trash this year . Even if you take the floater while you’re open, if someone contests it late it still affects the shot.
This is so not true. I use floaters all the time. The release point is so easy. Especially if you have a good finished. I'm playing on HOF offline and in PNO. I'll try to add some to the video.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #27
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie5489
Whatever they did to change game has random lag after momentum plays insteas of timeouts (coding), and shooting has been broken.

I have to spam euro steps and spins into paint now. Plays for 3s are useless befause shooting has been broken.

Plays in general are less effective because players are not worried about open shots.

HAve used same team all year.
The video I'm working on. It's an online game I played from last night. And it's the 2001 Nets team. I run their default sets and plays. My opponent tries doing the same zig zag more over and over. By the third time. He's down by 9. The lead goes 17-2. He's still trying to zig zag. I was moving the ball around with simple freelance and my players were banging down 3's (some are contested ones), fast break, layups, and dunks. Just need to mention I haven't played a online game in about 2 weeks. Hopefully I can work on this video and post it up soon.

What you mean by Spam?

Old 12-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #28
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm sure they had a meeting just like this. They don't change things just because. This is so not true. I use floaters all the time. The release point is so easy. Especially if you have a good finished. I'm playing on HOF offline and in PNO. I'll try to add some to the video.

Should’ve added I’m Referring to pro am at SF . I’m sure it’s fine I’m Play now or at the guard spot. SFs in pro am don’t get as high speed with ball , etc.. as SFs in the nba roster.

That’s why when the guy I quoted mentioned pro am I said they were trash . They are nicer on speedy players though
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 12-09-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I use floaters all the time. The release point is so easy. Especially if you have a good finished. I'm playing on HOF offline and in PNO. I'll try to add some to the video.
I'd be interested in seeing some videos. I struggle with floaters but I'm pretty certain it's because I don't understand how they work in 2K. The release often seems slow and deliberate for me and I have a hard time figuring out when they'd work best.

A lot of times it seems like I'd be better off pulling up for a jumper or just getting all the way to the rim. When I do use floaters, it often seems to give the defense time to close out and contest better. But again, I think it's because I don't know how to use them best in this game.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #30
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I probably hit a floater or two a game, especially with Tony back.

They come in handy in one on one transition situations when the defensive player is back and plants in front of of the goal...this is PNO though...

EDIT- https://streamable.com/o5q0m

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-10-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #31
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

Man everyone here is crazy. He said in his video that this issue makes post play trash, but I dominate in the post like the big Aristotle. Here is a video montage of me dominating the post!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 11:24 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
This is why reading this is so frustrating. When I watch the play of users online even offline. People abuse the paint like nuts. And we're in a thread trying open up the paint. The right play here would of been to kick it out to the corner to the WIDE OPEN player. Yes Harden can make this layup. But there is a one percent chance because defender's are in the area. He misses. People should be looking for the best shot possible. In this situation he got the second best shot.

This is why I repeat. Every choice is not automatic. And never should be. I think people need to look at this game as. I have to get my team in the best position to win. The only thing that is perfect in this game. Is a green release. And even that you have to work really hard for.

What? You're telling me in that play, James Harden should give up an easy layup for a 3?

Especially with Lebron coming from baseline to help? That's almost a guaranteed turnover, what with all the traffic between him and the corner.

The right play here would've been for Harden to dunk it, but he's not usually a dunker, more a flailer, so for him to go up for a layup to look for contact is realistic.

Harden is a 70% layup maker this year, contested or not. So for him to miss an easy layup when there's basically no pressure is highly unrealistic in my view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »