Home

What do you guys think of the passing in 2k18?

This is a discussion on What do you guys think of the passing in 2k18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: What do you guys think of the passing in 2k18?

I don't have a problem with passing outside of alley oops.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Man you guys want the cheese to come back tonight lol. (I'm talking about the miss layup thread lol)

You can make long passes down the court. But you need to use the right players. Especially if they have the outlet badge. Here's a few tips.

Make sure the player your throwing it with has a high passing rating.

If he has a outlet badge it's even easier.

Make sure the receiver has high hands rating

Make long passes when defenders aren't in the area. If a defender is in the area there is a chance for a bobble animation. If that happens don't press forward or speed. You will lose the ball or be out of control trying to gather it.

I'm really happy with the way long passes work this year. It was my suggestion that we see now a days. It might have been 2k16 where it was really bad. They fixed it with a patch. That was a bad year. Because you couldn't throw any long passes. But this year you can. You have to be a little smarter about when and who you use it with.

If you want me to post videos of my long passes. I'll make one of you want to see one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'd definitely like to see some videos because from my experience long passes are broken regardless of badges, who's throwing it, and who's receiving it. I even sit at the hash or half court and passes are wayyy off and go out of bounds. Nobody wants the 'cheese' to come back but the system is a tad bit broke right now.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #19
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Same here. Alley oops is the thing I haven't mastered yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I'd definitely like to see some videos because from my experience long passes are broken regardless of badges, who's throwing it, and who's receiving it. I even sit at the hash or half court and passes are wayyy off and go out of bounds. Nobody wants the 'cheese' to come back but the system is a tad bit broke right now.
I just posted a video above of some long passes I've made. You just need to read the situation.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #20
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Old 12-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #21
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Passing is the best it's been, in my opinion. But like others have said, the success rates for Alley Oops in ideal circumstances is a bit low.

Also, I wish bounce passes were a little more responsive. It seems like my player takes a full step or two after I hit the button before he gets the pass off. The other thing I've noticed is that the ball seems to move the same speed throughout the length of the bounce pass. One of the things that makes bounce passes so useful in real life is that you can throw them with a lot of velocity, but once they hit the floor, it takes some of the heat off of them. I haven't really tested it, but from just looking at it, it doesn't seem like the velocity of the pass is altered after hitting the floor. I'd have to check on that though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Good vid but I don't play head to head so I'm not sure if the results are the same as PRO-AM. Pass success down court is hella inconsistent. Nothing should have a 100% success rate but when you have pure playmakers and pure point forwards struggling to make certain passes that to me raises questions. Last years passing was a tad bit better IMO
Old 12-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #23
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Good vid but I don't play head to head so I'm not sure if the results are the same as PRO-AM. Pass success down court is hella inconsistent. Nothing should have a 100% success rate but when you have pure playmakers and pure point forwards struggling to make certain passes that to me raises questions. Last years passing was a tad bit better IMO
I feel as though pro Am guys are under a totally different thing. Your playing with all humans. So much can go wrong. Especially a running human.

All my theories on passing work with the CPU. I have no clue if you can apply them to human-human. There are so many off ball controls. I'm sure they nerfed long passes period in my park and Pro-Am. I can imagine guys just leaking out must of the time. That would be annoying as hell in my opinion.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #24
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I disagree on the oops they are well done. I throw about 2 a game which is way more then real life. There are maybe 10 guys in the league who catch an alley every other game irl.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »