Home

Stopping the Drive animation

This is a discussion on Stopping the Drive animation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2017, 06:16 AM   #9
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Stopping the Drive animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I have a rebounding rim protector and after getting 6 blocks the ones driving started to pull back whenever I started to help lol

Jeebs is right with the help D but it's hard if the whole team decides to help and leaves everyone open. Damn three point shot is to easy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It really is too easy man. Has me ready to say bump it and make a pure sharp lol. Which is not my game at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Vibes
I usually just jump at them until they dunk on me and get the and 1. Solves absolutely nothing.
Lmaoooo .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 12-12-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:37 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Which animation are we talking about?
Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Which animation are we talking about?
The most popular hip riding animation in this game. You got to be kidding me right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Right now, the entire meta of this game in all of its online modes is basically:

Step 1) Turbo dribble directly into your defender's body.

Result A) If you get a blowby animation that puts you a step ahead of the defender, proceed to dunk the ball, and receive an extra free throw if the defender you just shoved aside is foolish enough to jump from behind for a block attempt.

Result B) If you only get a partial hip ride with no blowby animation, perform a snatchback dribble move that magically pushes your defender backward and will either cause an ankle breaker stumble animation or create enough separation to consistently "green light" a pullup jump shot.

Result C) If you are not successful in producing result A or result B, then just keep repeating step one until you eventually succeed in creating one of the two desired animation outcomes. Repeating this animation loop won't deduct much stamina from your dribbler's meter, and in 24 seconds, you'll be able to make at least a half-dozen attempts before the shot clock finally runs out.

When you combine this new drive and snatchback cheese with 2K18's radically increased contact dunking success rate, it is now easier than ever to score, and harder than ever to defend. I have never felt this powerless on defense in any other 2K game that's come out during the Xbox One/PlayStation 4 generation. If you play up close enough to contest the snatchback jumper, then the dribbler will just blowby you. And if you sag off enough to contain the drive attempt, then the dribbler will just shoot over your absent/late contest.

People have become so efficient at this drive/snatchback cheese, that the only method I've seen to consistently stop it is to fully commit to taking away the snatchback jump shot, and intentionally allow the blowby drive animation to happen, with the intent that your nearest teammate will rotate over in time to contest the driver, and everyone else on the perimeter will then rotate over one position to cover up the helper's open man.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-12-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
The most popular hip riding animation in this game. You got to be kidding me right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Still don't get it sorry.

Personally I never found a drive animation that it's impossible to defend in proam/park, unless we are talking about pure slashers.

I found the moving Js/3s much more difficult to defend.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Right now, the entire meta of this game in all of its online modes is basically:

Result A) If you get a blowby animation that puts you a step ahead of the defender, proceed to dunk the ball, and receive an extra free throw if the defender you just shoved aside is foolish enough to jump from behind for a block attempt.

Result B) If you only get a partial hip ride with no blowby animation, perform a snatchback dribble move that magically pushes your defender backward and will either cause an ankle breaker stumble animation or create enough separation to consistently "green light" a pullup jump shot.

Result C) If you are not successful in producing result A or result B, then just keep repeating step one until you eventually succeed in creating one of the two desired animation outcomes. Repeating this animation loop won't deduct much stamina from your dribbler's meter, and in 24 seconds, you'll be able to make at least a half-dozen attempts before the shot clock finally runs out.

When you combine this new drive and snatchback cheese with 2K18's radically increased contact dunking success rate, it is now easier than ever to score, and harder than ever to defend. I have never felt this powerless on defense in any other 2K game that's come out during the Xbox One/PlayStation 4 generation. If you play up close enough to contest the snatchback jumper, then the dribbler will just blowby you. And if you sag off enough to contain the drive attempt, then the dribbler will just shoot over your absent/late contest.

People have become so efficient at this drive/snatchback cheese, that the only method I've seen to consistently stop it is to fully commit to taking away the snatchback jump shot, and intentionally allow the blowby drive animation to happen, with the intent that your nearest teammate will rotate over in time to contest the driver, and everyone else on the perimeter will then rotate over one position to cover up the helper's open man.

Do you know that you just explained the Houston Rockets offense in a nut shell?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #15
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

That snatch back is green light central in pro am . Our PF was doing it lol at 6’11 for fun.

Preciate all the feedback. Jeebs go ahead and make a myplayer and run with pro am / park with us lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
That snatch back is green light central in pro am . Our PF was doing it lol at 6’11 for fun.

Preciate all the feedback. Jeebs go ahead and make a myplayer and run with pro am / park with us lol
I don't think I'd have the stamina like I did as a young buck. But if anyone is looking for a coach. I'd sure be down with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »