Home

Stopping the Drive animation

This is a discussion on Stopping the Drive animation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Stopping the Drive animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Went back to the lab(Blacktop Mode) to practice my 1 on 1 on-ball D. And having a bit more success. Was holding L2+R2 to defend which slowed my player down, so I decided to lay off the turbo and strictly use L2 and only use R2 when I need to beat a player to the spot.

And i've also been using that Pre-Rotate feature. Works wonders against the 1 on 1 players.

And then there's this. The exact reason why i hate the way the hip-ride animation is implemented.

2 great defenders in Green and Iggy send a double team and he's just able to mindlessly hold turbo, activate the hip-ride animation and ram through both of them like it's nothing?

Hustle Westbrook posted this in another thread. This is similar to what is happening in pro am though.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Hustle Westbrook posted this in another thread. This is similar to what is happening in pro am though.
But here is the question, How many times can that work? I can tell you not much....

I just made this. But there is tons of it out there.

You can only slow down good players. Your not going to stop them completely. Anyone that thinks that doesn't really know basketball. It's a game of runs. You have to put yourself in the best position to win.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #19
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
But here is the question, How many times can that work? I can tell you not much....

I just made this. But there is tons of it out there.

You can only slow down good players. Your not going to stop them completely. Anyone that thinks that doesn't really know basketball. It's a game of runs. You have to put yourself in the best position to win.
Nah bro I want this to stop completely lol.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 12-12-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #20
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

The fact that guy's like Kyrie and Harden don't seem to miss any layups makes it much more worse to deal with. It's either a make or a foul.

Had a guy do this all game with the Celtics. I doubled and sometimes triple teamed Kyrie but he'd never lose the ball or get called for a charge.

They need to seriously look at ways to balance this.

Call charges more.

Nerf contact layups sucess a bit.

Make stamina matter.

More loose balls.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #21
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Nah bro I want this to stop completely lol.
I think it's here to stay. People don't remember.... But 2k had this hip riding animation in the game a few years ago. Everyone hated on it then. The problem people had with it then was that it caused the offensive player to go away from the basket. 2k9 to be exact.

The problem this year is that the hip riding animation was cool in the beginning of the year. Most players missed shots if they took them because of all the contact. I don't know what meeting or what twitter crazy thought it was a good idea to increase the chances of layups after that animation. But I think it was to balance the game out. Because out of the box it was super defensive . Most couldn't score... because they didn't know how to dribble or run plays. This animation give the general public crowd a chance to play a fun game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #22
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
The fact that guy's like Kyrie and Harden don't seem to miss any layups makes it much more worse to deal with. It's either a make or a foul.

Had a guy do this all game with the Celtics. I doubled and sometimes triple teamed Kyrie but he'd never lose the ball or get called for a charge.

They need to seriously look at ways to balance this.

Call charges more.

Nerf contact layups sucess a bit.

Make stamina matter.

More loose balls.

"Nerf contact layups success a bit" That's what they did in the beginning. Like I said. They gave it more power. You also have to remember the last 2 years have been a body bumping nightmare. Something had to change.
Old 12-12-2017, 04:57 PM   #23
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
I think it's here to stay. People don't remember.... But 2k had this hip riding animation in the game a few years ago. Everyone hated on it then. The problem people had with it then was that it caused the offensive player to go away from the basket. 2k9 to be exact.

The problem this year is that the hip riding animation was cool in the beginning of the year. Most players missed shots if they took them because of all the contact. I don't know what meeting or what twitter crazy thought it was a good idea to increase the chances of layups after that animation. But I think it was to balance the game out. Because out of the box it was super defensive . Most couldn't score... because they didn't know how to dribble or run plays. This animation give the general public crowd a chance to play a fun game.
Yeah I do remember people missing lot more in this animation earlier this cycle . I had a lot of fun stopping it. Thing is people aren’t very getting pass me they are just making the contested layup anyway.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #24
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
"Nerf contact layups success a bit" That's what they did in the beginning. Like I said. They gave it more power. You also have to remember the last 2 years have been a body bumping nightmare. Something had to change.
You can't ever have enough balance imo. Players should be able to drive but also deal with the consequences.

Right now there aren't many consequences. Players don't tire enough, players get called for charges hardly ever, stupid bail out fouls etc...

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 12-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »