Home

Do more ppl play 2k18 with real-shooting% or user-timing?

This is a discussion on Do more ppl play 2k18 with real-shooting% or user-timing? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #9
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do more ppl play 2k18 with real-shooting% or user-timing?

Real %

-Too many shooting forms to memorize
-Still requires decent timing
Old 12-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Real %

-Too many shooting forms to memorize
-Still requires decent timing
The thing is you don't really have to memorize much. Most, if not all the shooting forms release points are at the top of a player's jump before he begins falling back down. Every now again you get players like Curry whose release points are too fast or too tricky to time, but most players are the same.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 02:29 AM   #11
Rookie

I used to use real player % but after a while, I realize the computer cheats on you during clutch moments by making you missing shots no matter how open or how clean your releases are.

I decided then to use player timing because this way, if the shots don't go in, I know it is my fault.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
It's always been user timing for me. I always hate feeling like I'm not in total control of what I'm doing in a game, especially a sports game that's about statistics. I play the game where I can learn certain players shots and go from there. I'd hate for it to be a close game and game plays the numbers against me and miss a good open clutch shot.
Interestingly, I use Real % for the same reason. I care about stats, but don't want an ability, or inability, for that matter, to master the timing to make players better or worse. I have control by choosing where and when to shoot, as well as with who.

I mean, are folks that that use User Timing also adjusting sliders? That's just another way to make sure you hit the right %, but instead takes longer to balance just right. Once you tweak a slider, it's not really you doing it. so why not cut out the busy work to get to a realistic shooting %, and just use real % to shoot?
Old 12-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Interestingly, I use Real % for the same reason. I care about stats, but don't want an ability, or inability, for that matter, to master the timing to make players better or worse. I have control by choosing where and when to shoot, as well as with who.

I mean, are folks that that use User Timing also adjusting sliders? That's just another way to make sure you hit the right %, but instead takes longer to balance just right. Once you tweak a slider, it's not really you doing it. so why not cut out the busy work to get to a realistic shooting %, and just use real % to shoot?
I've never changed the sliders for anything outside of game speed. I mostly play my career anyways so there's no sliders to adjust. Most people I know never adjust the sliders, either. I honestly didn't know people really messed with them until reading on this forum a few years ago. So no there's no adjustment on my end. Just time the release as best you can and let it fly. Shooting percentages are fine when playing against friends. In my career, the shooting percentages are ridiculous for either default or sim so I just put myself and team on a more even playing field with the cpu without being destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #14
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

im used to user timing but it can be an issue when you're online and the game lags. it throws everything off.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #15
Rookie

I play both.

Real FG% offline and obviously timing for Park/Pro-Am.

I don't use custom jumpshots, so I usually just stick with the signature skills which I've chosen day 1. You get used to it and it works for me.

With 2K would patch in a layup meter though. I loved the layup meter, because it's better than no timing or hidden timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 10:10 PM   #16
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

User timing but turning the shot meter off. That's the best solution in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »