Home

My casual 2K friends who don't play video games can come over and beat me.

This is a discussion on My casual 2K friends who don't play video games can come over and beat me. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #17
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: My casual 2K friends who don't play video games can come over and beat me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
That’s why I wish there were HOF servers online lol . Man this would be great . 2k should really look into the server idea . One of my favorite features in online shooters
All lobbies. Peoole who are 0 and 10 should have a lobby just for them too!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2017, 07:08 AM   #18
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

You cant beat yourself up when its on pro OP. Too much bs is allowed on any level aside from HOF.

H2H HOF MLO with 30 competitive sim heads. 29 game seasons, offseasons with rookie draft classes, free agency with house rules, professions, regressions. Matching wits on the sticks and in the front office. Until you have experienced this, you have not experienced 2k at its most sublime. Only draw back if there even is one is there is a massive time commitment and level of dedication needed to keep leagues going without incurring massive turnover in owners because inevitably life gets in the way and things happen. Online gaming, it comes with the territory. But if an MLO has dedicated admins who keep the ship steady, there's no mode that rivals it on 2k.

If peeps don't have the time necessary to join leagues, 2k should definately bring back hof lobbies. For the life of me, I cannot rationalize why they won't bring back lobbies. It's a win win for everyone.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 12-28-2017, 08:16 AM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

If we had HOF lobbies I'd probably do one GOAT run in PNO and retire it...

This game should be played on HOF in head to head situations. Eliminates a lot of the complaints out there.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #20
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0

What difficulty is play now online in nba 2k18?
Old 12-28-2017, 08:24 PM   #21
Rookie

Schiltzenberger's Arena

Yep, lost count of the times I've been beaten in the park by useless idiots that chucked up garbage all game and hit everything, or if you block them they get it back etc...

The one thing that completely ruins this game is that good defense is rarely rewarded, while bad offense is. Which means there is not a proper skill gap.

Anyone can beat anyone on this game. Sadly, the dumber you play the better chance you have sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #22
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiltzenberger
Yep, lost count of the times I've been beaten in the park by useless idiots that chucked up garbage all game and hit everything, or if you block them they get it back etc...

The one thing that completely ruins this game is that good defense is rarely rewarded, while bad offense is. Which means there is not a proper skill gap.

Anyone can beat anyone on this game. Sadly, the dumber you play the better chance you have sometimes.
Well said and to the point

Old 12-29-2017, 10:38 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiltzenberger
I totally agree with you on that. This year playing reckless and selfish basketball on offense is very rewarding regardless of how you're playing defense.

I think a lot of it comes down to their focus on VC sales. They have in essence dumb down the human to human gameplay so much to try and attract more casual gamers that the integrity and balance of the gameplay is just no longer there anymore.

I've never heard so many people on both live streams, parties, and in game chat mention the word "trash" as much as this year while they were playing 2k18. IMO it would be wise for 2k to get back to their roots of simulation basketball before its too late and they start loosing a large part of their fan base. Of course if they continue increasing VC sales as they have been maybe they don't care.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:46 PM   #24
Just started!

I think you are good. If you want to tell your 2K skills versus anyone else, there free 2K Tournament (X1 & PS4) being hosted by Player's tomorrow at 2 PM. Winners gets $100. Nothing to lose. DM me or leave a comment if interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I have 2 friends that come over like once a month for a game night. They are not video gamers at all. They dont' own a video game system, both married, full time kids and work and so on. They can come over and never play for months and beat me with almost any 2k game. I've been playing 2K since the original Dreamcast and I know all the controls, crossovers, ally oops, I call plays and use point of emphasis and so on. They usually beat me. I'd say 75% of the time. It's just a strange thing. Either they really are smart guys who know basketball or I"m just really really bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »