Home

Patch 8 out on PS4

This is a discussion on Patch 8 out on PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #65
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Patch 8 out on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Nah. Not saying you have to be happy about everything. But pretending the dev team is lazy, or that they don’t care is stupid.

Never said they are lazy, you sure like to put words in people mouths, nor did I pretend to say they were lazy. Fact is online is now whats most important to them, because there is enough fools out there who will pay money to buy VC, so offline modes is a after thought shortly after the game comes out. They build up MyLeague and MyGM, before the release, with how important it is to them, yet it aint long after release, they put all the attention to online, and the VC crowd.

And now with this Esports starting, its likley only going to get worse for those of us who play MyLeague/ MyGM. Heck MyGM, was a big thing this yr, with how much they worked on it, yet its basically unplayable for anyone wanting really any form of realism. I prefer ML, just because I prefer to follow what goes on IRL, but I know many who would probably prefer MYGM, if it actually was playable.

I doubt it ever happens, but if EA focused om making their game around Association mode, and they had all the bell and whistles that NBA2ks has in their but EA focused on making it all work right stats wise and gameplay within Association, they could steal quite a few people away from NBA2k. I doubt it ever happens, because I dont think their devs are nearly as talented as NBA2k are, but if they do manage to make a Association with gameplay close to NBA2k, they may see their sales grow.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

Last edited by CaseIH; 12-26-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 01:07 AM   #66
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0
Patch 8 out on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Never said they are lazy, you sure like to put words in people mouths, nor did I pretend to say they were lazy. Fact is online is now whats most important to them, because there is enough fools out there who will pay money to buy VC, so offline modes is a after thought shortly after the game comes out. They build up MyLeague and MyGM, before the release, with how important it is to them, yet it aint long after release, they put all the attention to online, and the VC crowd.

And now with this Esports starting, its likley only going to get worse for those of us who play MyLeague/ MyGM. Heck MyGM, was a big thing this yr, with how much they worked on it, yet its basically unplayable for anyone wanting really any form of realism. I prefer ML, just because I prefer to follow what goes on IRL, but I know many who would probably prefer MYGM, if it actually was playable.

I doubt it ever happens, but if EA focused om making their game around Association mode, and they had all the bell and whistles that NBA2ks has in their but EA focused on making it all work right stats wise and gameplay within Association, they could steal quite a few people away from NBA2k. I doubt it ever happens, because I dont think their devs are nearly as talented as NBA2k are, but if they do manage to make a Association with gameplay close to NBA2k, they may see their sales grow.

‘Lack of effort.’
‘Get their act together.’
‘All they concern themselves with is online.’
‘Its only going to get worse.’

Sorry but ‘lack of effort’ sounds like ‘lazy’ to me. Either way, that’s a whole lot of negativity that I think is mostly unwarranted. As I said, it’s fine to be frustrated with gameplay changes. But I don’t think ‘lack of effort’ and 2K’s dev team should be in the same sentence. They add new things and make big changes to, the game every single year. EA took a year off and still didn’t make their offline mode any better.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 12-27-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:48 AM   #67
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
‘Lack of effort.’
‘Get their act together.’
‘All they concern themselves with is online.’
‘Its only going to get worse.’

Sorry but ‘lack of effort’ sounds like ‘lazy’ to me. Either way, that’s a whole lot of negativity that I think is mostly unwarranted. As I said, it’s fine to be frustrated with gameplay changes. But I don’t think ‘lack of effort’ and 2K’s dev team should be in the same sentence. They add new things and make big changes to, the game every single year. EA took a year off and still didn’t make their offline mode any better.
I admit lack of effort, was a poor choice, as it wasnt meant to mean they are lazy. A lack of focus, is what I was meaning, when it comes to offline, once the game comes out,and the online whiner start crying, the devs then focus on online play, and the issue for offline is a after thought.

If you think things arent going to get worse in the future, now with this whole Esports stuff, your kidding yourself. I hope to be wrong, but its obvious over these last few yrs offline modes typically are effected in a negative way, when they start listening to the online crowd.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-27-2017, 01:55 AM   #68
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
After patch 1.08 defense and Fouls Sliders don't appear inside MyLeague.

I tested this yesterday, and when I started a MyLeague, all the sliders were there still, on the PS4 anyway.
Was this in a existing ML, when you saw this after this patch, or was it in a new ML save?
Ive always been leary of starting a ML, until all patches have been out, due to them possibly screwing it up with a patch, as Ive seen that before, and had it happen to me, so its why I always try to wait till they quit patching things, before I start, because it sucks to be deep into a season, only to have to start over because the devs glitched you existing save up, with a patch. Typically the last few yrs, that hasnt been a issue, but Ive learned thru the yrs, never to fully trust them not screwing something up, this goes for all sports games, I do this with.
So if it was in a existing ML save, your probably have to start over unfortunately. Im sure thats not what you wanted to hear

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-27-2017, 04:12 AM   #69
Rookie

2k should hire goducks. Hehe.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #70
Pro

Saro1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I tested this yesterday, and when I started a MyLeague, all the sliders were there still, on the PS4 anyway.
Was this in a existing ML, when you saw this after this patch, or was it in a new ML save?
Ive always been leary of starting a ML, until all patches have been out, due to them possibly screwing it up with a patch, as Ive seen that before, and had it happen to me, so its why I always try to wait till they quit patching things, before I start, because it sucks to be deep into a season, only to have to start over because the devs glitched you existing save up, with a patch. Typically the last few yrs, that hasnt been a issue, but Ive learned thru the yrs, never to fully trust them not screwing something up, this goes for all sports games, I do this with.
So if it was in a existing ML save, your probably have to start over unfortunately. Im sure thats not what you wanted to hear
I think they fix it the day after the patch with a flash update.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #71
Rookie

Just want some In Game Injuries and Also CPU Timeouts................................. two things needed to enjoy MyGm/My League for me. Since I Play most of the games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #72
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
Just want some In Game Injuries and Also CPU Timeouts................................. two things needed to enjoy MyGm/My League for me. Since I Play most of the games

Yeah, I would be fine with those 2 fixes as well. Yesterday I decided to play a couple games, as I had shelved the game for a couple weeks, just due to these issues, as the gameplay issues of lack of non-shooting fouls and lack of fouls on 3pt attempts, but after playing a couple games or so, Im thinking there has been a slight improvement in seeing a increase of fouls, as I even saw a couple fouls on 3pt attempts, and I had only seen 2 since the game 1st came out. So I actually think gameplay, may have actually improved a tad.
The lack of CPU Timeouts, does really ruined things, because the only fix, is to advance rotations, but then advanced rotations, cause the CPU to not recognize players in fouls trouble. CPU does a poor job of managing foul trouble anyway, but its non existent with advanced rotations set.
If the timeout issue, and poor CPU foul trouble logic were fixed, Id have trouble putting the game down, but do to these 2 issues, its hard to get into it much. I wish I had a 2nd controller, but I cant see spending the money on a 2nd controlller just to have a work for these 2 issues, just because the devs refuse to fix these 2 issues. If they cant fix them, I wish they would just be honest and say so, then Id have more respect for them, but just not saying a thing, is shaddy imo. I guess I shouldnt be surprised, but still frustrating, because the game is so close to being great offline, if these 2 things were fixed. This is the 1st yr, since NBA2k10, where you feel like you get up into someone, you can draw a charge on them, its never been anywhere near this good in this area. You could draw them in 10, but it was cheesy and unrealistic then, this yr, you feel rewarded when you draw a charge.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »