Home

Advanced ISO Moves Tips & Tricks Revealed - Shot Creators and Scorers

This is a discussion on Advanced ISO Moves Tips & Tricks Revealed - Shot Creators and Scorers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #9
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Advanced ISO Moves Tips & Tricks Revealed - Shot Creators and Scorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
That step back out of the triple threat is currently my FAVE move right now, the explosiveness right after you step back out of the triple threat is amazing.
Yessss, completely forgot about the stepback out of triple threat. I discovered it last year but havent used it much this year. Thanks for the reminder!

The offensive tools available in this game are really amazing...i just wish the defense was on the same level.

It sickens me when i see guys just spamming left/right and backing up for open shots instead of using actual basketball moves. I think some people just don't know how to pull off actual moves, and then others just refuse to. This is why 2K takes things out like the Half Spin Shot because not a lot of people utilize them.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 12-27-2017, 04:53 PM   #10
Rookie

jaebonez34's Arena

OVR: 3

A move I like to use in the post and on the perimeter is the face up and back to the basket pivot move before putting the ball on the ground. You can do this in addition to the triple threat and jabs. When you have the ball and haven't used a dribble yet press and hold the LT (xbox) and your player will use his pivot foot and turn his back to the basket. Once you release LT your player will pivot back to the face up position. From here you can either spin, rip through, jab, step back, etc. The moves you can string together and combo without even dribbling the ball are crazy. I never see people using these moves at the playground, its either the left right cheese, speed boosting, or they'll drive hard to the basket and use the snatch back move (i don't have a problem with this, just I see it all the time; no variation in their move set). The animations for these moves are also the best I have seen in any 2k as well.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #11
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebonez34
A move I like to use in the post and on the perimeter is the face up and back to the basket pivot move before putting the ball on the ground. You can do this in addition to the triple threat and jabs. When you have the ball and haven't used a dribble yet press and hold the LT (xbox) and your player will use his pivot foot and turn his back to the basket. Once you release LT your player will pivot back to the face up position. From here you can either spin, rip through, jab, step back, etc. The moves you can string together and combo without even dribbling the ball are crazy. I never see people using these moves at the playground, its either the left right cheese, speed boosting, or they'll drive hard to the basket and use the snatch back move (i don't have a problem with this, just I see it all the time; no variation in their move set). The animations for these moves are also the best I have seen in any 2k as well.
Yup, one of my favorite moves in post or perimeter is to post up, face up, then post up again and quickly spin baseline out of the post up. This catches a lot of people off guard and most times you get an easy blow by animation straight to the hoop.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #12
Rookie

jaebonez34's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Yup, one of my favorite moves in post or perimeter is to post up, face up, then post up again and quickly spin baseline out of the post up. This catches a lot of people off guard and most times you get an easy blow by animation straight to the hoop.
Yea I saw you use some of those moves I mentioned in your video!! I wish people would actually take the time and go into 2kU and/or practice to figure out how to use these moves, the best time to use them, and the best place to use them on the floor. I personally play 2k like I would if I were in a gym and playing in real life. I try and get to my spot on the floor, read the defense and react to the way the defender is playing me, and then I use the appropriate move for that situation. Alot of the time guys are just flicking the right stick in any and ever direction just hoping to cross their defender and get the ankle breaker animation and they aren't trying to do an actual move.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Little Tip:

When pressed L2 to post up, move your left stick in different direction you get a lot of size-up differentiation to enrich your post up game truly.

Footwork is real good with L2 + left stick and then combos to either drive, shoot or pass out of..
Old 12-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #14
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Subbing for my favorite type of vids. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #15
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Sick video!! Sick advice!! Some people have no clue about a lot things in this game.

I'd like to add. A lot users don't use the post up pivot. It's super dangerous in combo with the rip through move. And people are wondering what I mean by rip through lol.

The other move out of the triple no one ever users that throws users off because the defender will be looking for drive. Is the step back out of the triple threat.

Edit: Also what's not being mention here. Is that he's not using the shot meter. He actually learned the timing of the animations lol. People need to let go of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
How do you do a rip through move, and what is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 09:58 PM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Little Tip:

When pressed L2 to post up, move your left stick in different direction you get a lot of size-up differentiation to enrich your post up game truly.

Footwork is real good with L2 + left stick and then combos to either drive, shoot or pass out of..
It's early in this video. But it creates a lot of space. Even with bigs like Shaq it works. You crave out so much space.

https://youtu.be/cE3H5-vUrCk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
How do you do a rip through move, and what is it?
It happens at the :14 second here. Once you set that up. You can do a fake or the movement and your defender will jump the move lol. It's pretty awesome.

https://youtu.be/hsoLg97oTa4

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »