Home

2K18: Fixing PNO

This is a discussion on 2K18: Fixing PNO within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
2K18: Fixing PNO

I wrote a thing on a blog.

Let me know what you guys think: Good, Bad or Indifferent. All feedback is necessary and helps--even if only to say, "Nope, Kush...you're crazy...that'd be horrible if the game did that."

https://spgmg.blogspot.com/2017/12/2...ing-pno-1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 02:57 AM   #2
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: 2K18: Fixing PNO

Alot of legitimate gripes in that blog post just. As always, we all know PNO is on either all star or superstar where alot of bs goes on. Alot of your gripes, especially paint spamming and defenders not reacting to paint dump passes are mitigated on a higher difficulty level (HOF). The one broken mechanic that I have been unable to address in my MLO with HOF settings is offensive rebounding. You perfectly described the broken mechanic of a user being able to contest a shot while simultaneously usering the defender to box out, get in position, and jump over the back of boxed out players to grab manual rebounds with no consequences. There are some possessions where my opponent will grab 5 to 6 consecutive offensive rebounds in one possession and I am not even ecxagerrating. Overall head to head online gaming in a Sim lg where you are playing like minded opponents who respect the game and play the right way without abusing exploits is the way to go avoid alot of your frustrations with the win at all cost vermin on rank mode. It seems you only use one team (76ers) for the most part, try to win with skill and strategy, which makes you a perfect candidate for a Sim league. You should try MLO out and lower your blood pressure before these trash ranked players give you a heart attack lol.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 12-29-2017, 08:06 AM   #3
Rookie

andrewds23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
I wrote a thing on a blog.

Let me know what you guys think: Good, Bad or Indifferent. All feedback is necessary and helps--even if only to say, "Nope, Kush...you're crazy...that'd be horrible if the game did that."

https://spgmg.blogspot.com/2017/12/2...ing-pno-1.html
Good article. Are you in Australia ?
Old 12-29-2017, 09:21 AM   #4
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewds23
Good article. Are you in Australia ?
Atlanta, actually.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #5
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Alot of legitimate gripes in that blog post just. As always, we all know PNO is on either all star or superstar where alot of bs goes on. Alot of your gripes, especially paint spamming and defenders not reacting to paint dump passes are mitigated on a higher difficulty level (HOF). The one broken mechanic that I have been unable to address in my MLO with HOF settings is offensive rebounding. You perfectly described the broken mechanic of a user being able to contest a shot while simultaneously usering the defender to box out, get in position, and jump over the back of boxed out players to grab manual rebounds with no consequences. There are some possessions where my opponent will grab 5 to 6 consecutive offensive rebounds in one possession and I am not even ecxagerrating. Overall head to head online gaming in a Sim lg where you are playing like minded opponents who respect the game and play the right way without abusing exploits is the way to go avoid alot of your frustrations with the win at all cost vermin on rank mode. It seems you only use one team (76ers) for the most part, try to win with skill and strategy, which makes you a perfect candidate for a Sim league. You should try MLO out and lower your blood pressure before these trash ranked players give you a heart attack lol.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
I literally laughed out loud when I read blood pressure....its not so bad, I love the variety of opponent and play-style...and we both know its the best way to find out what cheese is being exploited . I'm also constantly researching how the game experience is for casual players.

You basically spelled out the issues with rebounding. A shooter being able to jump at the same time as defensive rebounders simply can't happen. There should be a cool-down based on offensive rebounding rating. Meaning a few times a game a guy like Tristan Thompson would be able to jump right after he missed a shot. But for sure, loose ball fouls (and rebounders that box out) have to be a thing to counter that play-style in 2K19.

This happened too much in 2K18:

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »